« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Door mirror
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Moordogs

England 2011 LR2 SD4 Sport Auto Firenze Red
Door mirror

I've been searching the forum but not found what I'm after.

I had an altercation with my power fold door mirror and a gate which resulted in the gate winning Big Cry The mirror was forced forward and I thought it would be ok but it became very loose when I tried to put it back and a metal lug had broke off.
It had been creaking badly before and closer inspection of the broken metal lug revealed an old break and the new break.

So......has anyone used a secondhand mirror for parts for the mirror already on the car? I have so far taken out the glass, puddle lamp and glass adjuster motor, which is held in with one bolt and lugs on the plastic motor that attach into metal hook type things, off the spare mirror.

How the hell do I take off the back casing? I don't want that bit as it was damaged and I have a half colour coded one on my car but all I can see inside, behind the glass, is plastic pegs that go through the cast metal inside the mirror. It looks like I'm going to have to drill these out and use self tappers when I put it back. Why make it so unusable with plastic plugs but then put the tiniest of torx screws that looks like it serves no purpose whatsoever!

Anyway, any ideas or is this a first? I'm Censored if I'm buying a new mirror when I can cannibalise another power fold that cost me a tenner. 2011 Sport LE SD4 Auto Firenze Red
2007 XS/HST TD4 Manual Stornoway Grey

Post #275320 10th Sep 2015 1:37 am
westville

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Fuji White

Some pics of the innards might be useful to other forum members - I'm not aware of any others on this site or elsewhere Thumbs Up No Longer the owner of a 2013MY Fuji White GS

"Fiat Lux" a philosophy not a car

Post #275371 10th Sep 2015 1:33 pm
Moordogs

England 2011 LR2 SD4 Sport Auto Firenze Red

I'll take some photos of the innards for you all Very Happy 2011 Sport LE SD4 Auto Firenze Red
2007 XS/HST TD4 Manual Stornoway Grey

Post #275490 11th Sep 2015 2:40 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1