Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > ??? I dont see many FL2 with CHROME , WHY ??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
MAERSK

Denmark 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Narvik Black
??? I dont see many FL2 with CHROME , WHY ??

Hallo everyone Very Happy Very Happy

I was just wondering why there isnt many people using chrome accessories on their car . Is it because they use it for off roading,is it a question of taste,priorities on what to spend the money on,the quality of the chrome or any other reason. Question Question Question Please tell me Im curious Very Happy Very Happy
I have to admit that I have just bought the door handle covers , the front grill top,fog light surroundings trunk lid moulding,upper mirror cups and for the door handles inside Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy . Have a nice weekend and please dont hesitate to have your say Very Happy Very Happy "57" HSE automatic in black with black leather,tinted glas,Alpina hifi and a lot of extra accessories,chrome handle in and outside,chrome foglight+mirrorcaps+boothandle.Topspoiler

Post #24814 26th Jul 2008 8:28 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
n1cktdv6

United Kingdom 
Re: ??? I dont see many FL2 with CHROME , WHY ??

Looks crap with stick on tat.... Wink

Post #24825 26th Jul 2008 3:41 pm
wheatonshunter

Netherlands 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 S Auto Tonga Green

I'm afraid that LandRover means to build vehicles which feel allright in the country, not in a (sub)urban rappers and gangsta'world, otherwise they also would have put spinners on the accessorylist... Laughing
In the feel all the glitter and glamour will stand out like a red flag in a filed full of bulls!
But perhaps the Freelander2 appeals also to a quite different group of customers...

Post #24826 26th Jul 2008 4:18 pm
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

Ah the straight answer and the Guardian one.

Post #24827 26th Jul 2008 5:28 pm
Tandemman

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Rimini Red

All a matter of taste, after all some people still buy grey cars Laughing
I've never seen one with all the chrome bits on so please post some pics so we can all have a look Thumbs Up

Post #24828 26th Jul 2008 6:21 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

I considered chrome side pipes, but decided on plain black.
My Ford Ranger is quite blinged as standard, Chrome bumpers Grill, mirror and side pipes..But the paintwork is silver so it doesn't show to much. Chrome does seem louder when on a black vehicle. At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #24831 26th Jul 2008 6:54 pm
MAERSK

Hallo to you all Very Happy Very Happy

It is nice to hear other peoples opinion on this theme , we are all different in taste and style . Otherwise we would all drive in the same cars.
I will admit that the reason we bought the freelander 2 is because it looks great,drives better than most cars,the quality of interior ( I havent found any faults yet ) and is very safe as well.We ( my wife and me ) are more to a " stylish " car than the mud but again its a question of taste. Very Happy Very Happy

I will recive my chrome accessories this week and I will of course take some pictures before and after so you can see the difference.But you have to wait until after the 10/08 because Im abroad working until then.

You CG have a point that you cant see the chrome on a silver coloured car but I think it will look smashing on my black baby Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I will look forward to hear more opinions about the subject.Have a nice evening to you all "57" HSE automatic in black with black leather,tinted glas,Alpina hifi and a lot of extra accessories,chrome handle in and outside,chrome foglight+mirrorcaps+boothandle.Topspoiler

Post #24832 26th Jul 2008 8:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

It starts with a few chrome pieces but before you know it you get this :-

Click image to enlarge
 At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #24854 27th Jul 2008 11:13 pm
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

Thats' Snoop Chicky Dogg's Saturday Night Cruiser.....

Post #24856 27th Jul 2008 11:50 pm
MAERSK

I would call this [/b]EXTREME Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I will bet the owner is making some money on advertisment and is getting big discounts on sunglasses Whistle Whistle .

CG you asked me if I shouldnt change my name to Bling King Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter What will you call him Question Question . What about Pimp Bling.
 "57" HSE automatic in black with black leather,tinted glas,Alpina hifi and a lot of extra accessories,chrome handle in and outside,chrome foglight+mirrorcaps+boothandle.Topspoiler

Post #24858 28th Jul 2008 6:05 am
phil_wkl

Australia 

Nothing wrong with a bit of bling...not too much though, and its your car and highly subjective. Do it then we can all make fun of you Razz Phil

Post #24862 28th Jul 2008 10:21 am
MAERSK

phil_wkl wrote:
Nothing wrong with a bit of bling...not too much though, and its your car and highly subjective. Do it then we can all make fun of you Razz

I dont mind people is having a laugh , not at all Very Happy Very Happy . I promise I will put some photos in the gallery after the 10 of August and then you can have all the laughes you want,thats for sure Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter ( Im working abroad at the moment ).
The photo that CG found is one of the extremes Shocked Shocked "57" HSE automatic in black with black leather,tinted glas,Alpina hifi and a lot of extra accessories,chrome handle in and outside,chrome foglight+mirrorcaps+boothandle.Topspoiler

Post #24867 28th Jul 2008 11:53 am
yamaha-fan

Germany 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

As the colour "black"in the interior of my Freely 2 is lacking some lush I have decided to add a little shine to it and bought the chrome inner door handle covers from Powerful UK. Fast shipping to Germany, and after unpacking fit and finnish of the door handle covers proved to be excellent. Powerful UK supplies some addl. glue with the handle covers, but I recommend that addl. (Scotch) sticky tape is used if you like to keep the option open to remove the chrome door handle covers at one point of time. One more advise: the temperature of the surface of the door handles when applying the chrome covers should be around plus 30 degrees C. If colder, the covers may not stick to where they are supposed to stick.
My first concern that the chrome door handle covers may create some disturbance in the sun proved not to be void. The increase in better looks is of course very personal, but I am happy with my adventure, and would buy them again.

YF

Post #24870 28th Jul 2008 1:43 pm
yamaha-fan

Germany 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi Maersk, if you have bought the (outer) door handle covers from Powerful UK they are made from stainless steel. Please advise as to the fit and finish and the feel and rubustness of the covers.

Thanks
YF

Post #24871 28th Jul 2008 1:47 pm
jules1967

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

can't have chrome bling - it would scare the horses.
The Mrs reckons the best add-on accessory for an FL2 is lots of prime Yorkshire mud splattered up the windows so there's no possibility of it being confused with a chelsea tractor.
Not quite sure how the side steps and privacy glass go with this image but it seems to work for her. Thumbs Up 07 Freelander 2 TD4SE Tambora Flame, side steps, privacy glass, mud flaps, boot liner and a tow bar. Ok it's the Wifes but she lets me drive it occasionally - if I've been good!

Post #24872 28th Jul 2008 2:08 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>