Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Freelander prices going up?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
wizking

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Indus Silver

Hard to know what else the DS could be! Freelander stopped being produced, DS started. Has the same engine, not badged a Range Rover, is a smaller Discovery as was the Freelander. Every dealer I have spoken to has referred to it as the replacement for the FL2, and JLR have been very quiet as to what it is!

Post #264663 24th May 2015 6:36 pm
taztastic

England 

Banging Head Banging Head Banging Head Banging Head

Quote from Land Rover from day one ....

The world's most versatile and capable premium compact SUV, the Discovery Sport, is the first of the new Discovery family. It features 5+2 seating in a footprint no larger than existing 5-seat premium SUVs, as well as Land Rover's class-leading capability. The launch marks another significant milestone in Jaguar Land Rover's product offensive which will see the company deliver 50 significant product actions over the next five years.

Post #264664 24th May 2015 6:45 pm
wizking

You really will get a bad headache doing that!
Not disputing what they wrote, I'm talking more common sense. If all the motor magazines assumed it then why wouldn't everyone else. If the dealers are telling customers, then why wouldn't they believe them.
Personally I think JLR are quite happy to make sales on the back of ppl thinking its a FL2 replacement, then if they bring out another model named "RangediscoveryFLsport" then they can sell that as a replacement too!
It's all about the money now days, not the iconic LR badge Crying or Very sad

Post #264671 24th May 2015 7:40 pm
taztastic

England 

With this Merlot, I may awake in the morning with a headache Laughing

Unfortunately, it is all about money these days, for years LR have defended (no pun intended) there 'iconic brand', in the process they have haemorrhaged long standing customers, who have moved into new designs and manufacturers, Toyota etc.
Now they are part of a global brand, Tata, they have seen that they too, must change and adapt to survive. It doesn't suit everyone, granted, then again the majority don't care, they will buy whatever they are brainwashed into believing is the best thing since electric driveway gates.

So, ... Motoring magazines, not worth the recycled paper they are written on, they sell advertising space in copy on the back of sensationalist clap trap.

Dealers, full of 20 something year old wannabe sales people who have very little product knowledge and a yearning to bag a night with a blonde they can't afford, some have decent guys who know their stuff, not many sadly.

The future of LR? The UK is a rapidly declining market for a practical 4x4, the 4x4 leisure sector is doomed as the tree hugging path destroying ramblers are getting their way and very soon a new, exciting sector will replace the SUV, just in time to wrong foot LR who will have a full family of them.

.... Then again, maybe I'm just a rambling old cynic, now where's that bottle gone ...

Post #264674 24th May 2015 8:15 pm
wizking

No, I don't believe you are!
The crossover market is absolutely huge, and every manufacturer has one or has announced that one is coming (except JLR). You get a car that looks more rugged has a higher driving position but also has great MPG. The diesels are getting a proper kicking at the moment wrongly or righty, and if it continues and cities start restrictions, then the market will shift to petrol very quickly and I would imagine these will not be 4x4.

Post #264681 24th May 2015 8:52 pm
wizking

As for the replacement of the FL2, it is officially the DS!!

Wikipedia

The Land Rover Freelander is a compact sport utility vehicle (SUV) produced by the British manufacturer Land Rover,[1] in both two-wheel and four-wheel drive versions. The current generation is sold as the LR2 in North America and as the Freelander 2 in Europe. It uses a monocoque (unibody) structure, in common with almost all other crossovers in its class, but unlike traditional SUVs built with body-on-frame designs.[2] The Freelander replacement is the Discovery Sport, scheduled for sale in 2015.[3]

Post #264683 24th May 2015 8:58 pm
taztastic

England 

Laughing

Post #264694 24th May 2015 10:47 pm
Badger1970

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

wizking wrote:
As for the replacement of the FL2, it is officially the DS!!

Wikipedia

God help the nation if they all believe a website that can be written and edited by any member of the public..... Whistle Foraging near Gaydon....
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
MY13 HSE Lux SD4, Baltic Blue - current, 30,000> miles without fault
MY12 HSE 2.2 SD4, Sumatra Black - gone after 10 months/43,000 fault-free miles

Last edited by Badger1970 on 25th May 2015 5:00 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #264716 25th May 2015 8:58 am
Hippo

United Kingdom 

I don't really know if prices are high as I haven't been looking for that long, but I can say they're higher than I would want to pay if that helps.

The one thing I've spotted is price drops on LR's site:

HV14UKT was 」26,850 7 weeks ago and now 」23,850.
PO64WMU was 」32,995 2 weeks ago with 1000 less miles but now 」30,995.
DY14XCN was 」31,695 2 weeks ago with 400 less miles but now 」30,995.
LR14LCU has dropped 400 to 」26,450 in the last month.

I don't know if this is price movement or peeps not getting the price correct in the first place. HV14UKT was 」29,850 originally.
Number of FL2's listed on LR's web site seem to vary from around 850 2 months ago to nearly 1100 2 weeks ago. One dealer told me it's the best time to buy and be quick about it. They had 5 left and said no discounts on sale price. They recently took delivery of over 15 more. Most of which are currently waiting to be prepared. They took the FL2's off the sales staff in Feb this year having only been given them last November. I don't know where the recent 15 came from. Hippo's videos - Honorary Tratterer

Post #264747 25th May 2015 11:51 am
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

I was having a browse around my local LR dealers forecourt yesterday, and the guy who dealt with me on their event day 2 weeks ago happened to be the one who I spoke with regarding the stock.

We looked at couple of Freelanders and an Evoque, and they had all been dropped in price (2012 reg FL2 HSE had dropped twice by a total of 2k recently)

The salesman was shocked as he wasnt aware they had been dropped until I rocked up.

He did say that the FL2 is in high demand on the used market, as they are so good and ticked so many boxes for so many people, which is keeping prices high for the moment.

Basically he implied that the DS had alienated the core market for them. Banging Head

He wouldnt be drawn on a price for mine part ex, but did say to try a well known website that buys any car .com, and that would be about the same price as they would offer for mine.

Post #265035 28th May 2015 12:44 pm
ReggiePerrin

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Firenze Red

Gordon Lamb, Chesterfield perchance?

Post #265045 28th May 2015 2:04 pm
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

how did you guess?? Laughing

Although in essence I can just as easily get to Hunters at Derby, Stratstone at Nottingham or Whatever the one is at Doncaster.

Post #265048 28th May 2015 2:40 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

I was watching something on the news last night about how second hand cars are going up in price and that one dealer was even talking about gazumping. It prompted me to get a valuation for my 14 reg SD4 auto XS with 58k miles off WBAC and the result came back as ツ」12140. The last time I did this was in early January this year and the figure then was ツ」11000 !! 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #409115 17th Jun 2021 9:31 am
Steve D

United Kingdom 

I sold my Evoque privately in February. It had a few little scratches and four kerbed alloys so I sold it for the WBAC online valuation of ツ」12,500. Just checked it and the WBAC valuation is ツ」14,285.

We bought our A3 from the wife sister also in February and she said just give us the WBAC valuation which was ツ」12,835. I窶况e just this minute checked it and it is now showing a valuation of ツ」16,120. Very Happy Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #409117 17th Jun 2021 10:39 am
Milothedog

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green

just checked my 13 reg HSE with 55k on the clock and it came back at ツ」13k. I think the biggest problem will be as more and more area's introduce LEZ's and the Oil burner Freelander's being euro5 will be penalised. It's happening here in my part of London in October thank's to Citizen Khan. Irony of it though is my 48 year old V8 Stag is exempt 2007 TD4 XS The work horse that earns its up keep
2013 SD4 HSE The posh one for towing the caravan
1973 Triumph Stag I bought in 2009 and restored.

Post #409118 17th Jun 2021 10:56 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>