Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Switching Remaps done by YOU the customer when ever you wish
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
bell-auto-services

United Kingdom 
Switching Remaps done by YOU the customer when ever you wish

Im posting this thread to see what intrest there is in the new product im offering.

It will be a box that will enable you to control the state of your mapping, EG standard or tuned.
You will be able to choose when ever you wish what map you decide to use and program the car acordingly.

This is done with the box in the pictures below (prototype pictures) please give feed back on there looks Smile

Step 1 : Order B-A-S map switching programing module.
Step 2 : With the software provided installed on your PC you will choose your car model from the list in the software.
Step 3 : Program the B-A-S switching programming module with your car choice.
Step 4 : Remove module from PC and connect to the car OBD port , you will be prompted to press Y to read the ecu.
Step 5 : Re connect the B-A-S switching programming module with your PC and download the file.
Step 6 : Email me the file for tuning and modification.
Step 7 : Upload the tuned file to the B-A-S switching programming module with the PC software.
Now the B-A-S switching programming module will have 2 files inside it, STD & TUNED.
Step 8 : Connect to your car and program mod tuned file.

The advantage of this tool is that if you need to change the car back to standard or tuned at ANY time you have the tool to make this happen without having to travel back to your tuners workshop.

Once the B-A-S switching programming module is programed with the STD & TUNED files there is no longer a use for the PC.
You can change between maps as many times as you wish in the future.

This tool is available for Many models the Landrover range is:

Defender 2.4TDCI
Discovery 2.7TDV6
Rangerover 3.0L TD6
Rangerover 3.6TDV8
Rangerover Sport 2.7TDV6
Rangerover Sport 3.6TDV8
Freelander 2.0L TD4
Freelander 2 2.2TDI

Im unsure of the final cost as yet but im hoping it to be around 200GBP + the cost of the standard remap.

EG Defender 2.4TDCI
Remap& Switch = 645GBP
These prices are ONLY estimate and are not final, i will be offering some at a new release cost on the forums so if you are intrested please stand up and be counted Smile
Prices are subject to VAT @ 17.5%

Regards Pete

Last edited by bell-auto-services on 29th Aug 2008 10:22 am. Edited 2 times in total

Post #23362 1st Jul 2008 11:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
phil_wkl

Australia 

Sounds interesting :chinrub:
What tuned map will it be? for performance, economy etc?
Do you offer a warranty with the product?
Has this been offered before? Phil

Post #23386 2nd Jul 2008 9:22 am
bell-auto-services

United Kingdom 

phil_wkl wrote:
Sounds interesting :chinrub:
What tuned map will it be? for performance, economy etc?
Do you offer a warranty with the product?
Has this been offered before?

Hello
The map will be customer spacific so if you require it for economy or power i can tune to suite your needs.

The tool will have 12 months warranty on it.

The tool is offerd by some other companys but its not branded by me ,it would have there own branding on it.

The tool is only a tool that readsand writes the maps used are spacific to the tuner selling them so no the exact same has not been offerd before by any of my dealers.

Regards Pete

Regards Pete

Post #23390 2nd Jul 2008 9:49 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

i presume the dealer would be able to see it has been written to, even if you/I put it back to standard mode each time the car went to the dealer Question Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #23392 2nd Jul 2008 10:03 am
bell-auto-services

United Kingdom 

npinks wrote:
i presume the dealer would be able to see it has been written to, even if you/I put it back to standard mode each time the car went to the dealer Question

No the tool wont add a program record to the flash history of the car Smile

Regards Pete

Post #23396 2nd Jul 2008 10:16 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

MMMmmmm Idea Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #23397 2nd Jul 2008 10:18 am
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

NP you give dealers far too much credit! They can see nothing but the basics with the scan tools they use, and even that info is provided through a graphic interface, so does not go into code etc.

This is not a new idea for tuning, but is the first I have seen offered for LR's and from my experience you will see improved mpg and performance and have teh advantage of simply switching it back to standard when taking it into the dealer.....avoiding unnecessary and irrelevant questions from them.

Having owned and driven chipped (tuned) cars this is something that I would think all of you TD4 owners should seriously consider. You will probably not believe the difference, and although everyone comments how perky the TD4 is, you will probably think after tuning that LR should have made it like that in the first place!

I can't speak for Bell's system but from driving a 1.8t with almost 50bhp extra for 5 years with no problems, along with various TDI's with tuned ECU's. Once you've tasted GREY you'll never go back!

Post #23406 2nd Jul 2008 12:40 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

its not so much the dealer but LR policy on tuned cars and the fact they will not cover warrenty claims if the engine pops with it been tuned.

also thinking about looking back at the old thread on 2 stroke oil too, Not for power/mpg obviously, but for engine smoothness as the cars 2yrs in November. to see if anychange is made IMO Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #23407 2nd Jul 2008 12:58 pm
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

npinks wrote:
its not so much the dealer but LR policy on tuned cars and the fact they will not cover warrenty claims if the engine pops with it been tuned.

Even then it is unlikely LR are going to do too much in-depth research for most failures because it is just not worth the money or effort for the cost of an engine to them. The other aspect is that one could argue that the tuning made no difference and it simply showed what would have come later on in life.

The manufacturer is the one who has to prove that the tuning caused the failure, and as a person who has to make these sorts of decisions on cause of failure, warrantable or goodwill I can tell you it sometimes is simply just not worth the effort to prove it one way or the other....especially for infrequently it happens. Once you've tasted GREY you'll never go back!

Post #23408 2nd Jul 2008 1:17 pm
Dorko

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Anyone done this yet?

Would be very interested in the outcome and if its safe etc.....

I mentioned in a previous topic i had my car custom tune, absolute loved it! My wife was like no. no waste of money. But even now she says can we do the LR when we get it for some more power.

Bring it on Thumbs Up

Dorko

Post #23947 9th Jul 2008 12:08 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1