Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Roof Rails Again!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
colby

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

I also had a gap between the roof and the rear cap on the roof rails - and even lost 2 caps - dealer told me the wind got under them! Whilst the car was in for a service they looked at the rails again, said nothing was wrong, but surprisingly when the new caps were fitted they were now flush fitting!
If you do have a gap, I suggest you get the dealer to take another look at them.

Post #24153 12th Jul 2008 10:38 am
pjbnet

2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Orkney Grey

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Here are my rails!

I have contacted the dealer and sent them piccies of rails from the forum members as well as mine. We will see what comes back.

Phil

Post #24248 14th Jul 2008 2:02 pm
Tandemman

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Rimini Red

That's a really Censored fit No way should they be like that

Post #24250 14th Jul 2008 2:06 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

I know nothing about rails , but anything that fits that poorly is not right At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #24251 14th Jul 2008 2:06 pm
pjbnet

2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Orkney Grey

This is my first Landy and everyone I talk to about them just say its normal to have poor fitting products and pay over the odds for them Whistle

I will let you know what the stealer says

Very Happy

Post #24252 14th Jul 2008 2:09 pm
gren

Australia 

colby wrote:
I also had a gap between the roof and the rear cap on the roof rails - and even lost 2 caps - dealer told me the wind got under them! Whilst the car was in for a service they looked at the rails again, said nothing was wrong, but surprisingly when the new caps were fitted they were now flush fitting!
If you do have a gap, I suggest you get the dealer to take another look at them.

I lost one of the rear cap on the roof rail and the dealer here in Australia told me that I cannot get just the cap as spare parts. They only come with the roof rail kit.

Are these caps available as separate parts in UK or other countries?

Post #34620 14th Jan 2009 2:08 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

I would recommend speaking or emailing Nick the parts manager at Yeovil Landrover

He is a forum member and sponsor over on Disco3 goes by the name of "the Large One" he is known for been as helpfull as he can, so if they can be got, he should be able to sort it Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #34630 14th Jan 2009 10:46 am
Grumpa 2

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

colby wrote:

I had roof rails fitted last week and there was quite a gap on both sides at the rear where the covers are clipped on. see this link
http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/extfree...359-Raised Roof Rails LR006608 iss3.pdf
Went back today and they have now fitted them as shown in the link above.They said something about heating the covers up so they could shape them to fit correctly which they do now. Before the covers could be flicked off with very little effort.

Last edited by Grumpa 2 on 17th Jan 2009 4:55 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #34700 14th Jan 2009 10:41 pm
bjartin

Denmark 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

I would like to see the images that pjbnet published 14th Jul 2008 1:02 pm,
but they will not appear on my screen. Are they removed! LR Freelander2 2,2 Td4 HSE manuel Stornaway Grey (Metallic) & Ebony Black Leather & Sun/Moon-roof & Bi-Xenon & Roof Rails & Tow bar & Body side rubbing strips & Cold climate pack & Privacy glass & NavTeq . Production Date: 11/5-2007 in Halewood.

Sorry, but I have changed to Defender 90 ", and I love my" tractor ".
http://www.youtube.com/bjartin

Post #34880 17th Jan 2009 10:55 am
Grumpa 2

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

I have been wondering about removing the rear cross bar on my roof rails as there is sometimes some wind noise.
I see that agoggiti has done this.
I was travelling out of Leeds on the M621 early this evening and saw a black FL2 with roof rails and the cross bar removed, travelling on the opposite carriageway.
As I only carry a couple of lightweight cycles I wondered if anyone else has removed the cross bar and If so do they re fit it when carrying anything on the rails ?

Post #39814 1st Apr 2009 11:38 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Grumpa 2 wrote:
I have been wondering about removing the rear cross bar on my roof rails as there is sometimes some wind noise.
I see that agoggiti has done this.
I was travelling out of Leeds on the M621 early this evening and saw a black FL2 with roof rails and the cross bar removed, travelling on the opposite carriageway.
As I only carry a couple of lightweight cycles I wondered if anyone else has removed the cross bar and If so do they re fit it when carrying anything on the rails ?

The rear cross bar on LR rails is designed as a wind deflector - if you got wind noise ( Laughing ) it may be you got the wrong one fitted Question as they are different for with/without sunroof.

The whole reason for me not getting LR mounted rails was exactly for this reason, choosing detachable Thule type when I need roof transport (skis in winter). 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #39822 2nd Apr 2009 8:24 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123