« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Goodbye ford welcome to a bright future
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Lr2maker

United Kingdom 
Goodbye ford welcome to a bright future

Wink At last things are sorted. We can concentrate on building quality landies. Nothing changes same staff same suppliers same urge to make you happy with your fl2's. Gonna get cash to make a 7str and get the air suspension. Oops let that out bit early. Goodbye ford bean counters, hello a man with deep pockets and a vision for the future of lr(at halewood lrx any1) Live your life be free-lander

Post #21471 3rd Jun 2008 1:18 am
J T

England 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Auto Santorini Black
Re: Goodbye ford welcome to a bright future

Lr2maker wrote:
Gonna get cash to make a 7str and get the air suspension.

Shocked I'll be keeping an eye on this one, air suspension would be great.

Post #21473 3rd Jun 2008 7:11 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Quote:

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

But those 6th & 7th Seats will be small Confused

But if this comes off it will make a lot of people happy like me Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #21474 3rd Jun 2008 8:30 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

I can think of nothing worse than a smallish car with 7 seats. The only people who would fit would be small children. Imagine the noise and crowd control problems Exclamation . At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #21477 3rd Jun 2008 9:38 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

i think like the disco3 you have issues getting into them too.

If you have 2 child seats on the 2nd row you can't use the 3rd row until you remove the child seat, also the middle 2nd row seat would be useless with 2 child seats due to the access and width of child seats.

Obviously a issue to people with 2 child seats but still a issue.

And the fact that they be no room for a pushchair, never mind a double buggy Sad Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #21478 3rd Jun 2008 9:44 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

npinks wrote:
Quote:

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

But those 6th & 7th Seats will be small Confused

But if this comes off it will make a lot of people happy like me Thumbs Up

Personally, the idea of two extra seats in a 4/5 seater seems like a sales gimmic to me Rolling Eyes However my wife recently went on a 8-hour trip and choose to sit in the "extra row" seats in a XC90 rather than sitting in the second row with two "fatties" and said it was quite comfortable Shocked 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #21480 3rd Jun 2008 10:01 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

I'm more happy about the Air susspension, but it would be a cost factor aswell.

The extra seats could come in useful, due to the possibility of expanding the family, but they would have to be adult seats not those mid sized one, IMO the FL2 doesn't have the room to do this.

But i supossed they could extend it a little to a LWB to give the FL2 7 seater the extra room, lose the spare wheel for the feet area. Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #21481 3rd Jun 2008 10:13 am
shar

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Firenze Red

I had a 7 seater disco with air suspension and never used or intended to use the rear seats and bought it because it had the air suspension and i would do the same if the FL2 came with air suspension Very Happy

Post #21483 3rd Jun 2008 11:06 am
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

I think the 7 seater is for the LRX which would also be a bit shortere than the FL2.
If air suspention will come to the FL2 it would obviously be more expensive and as the FL2 will get fatter with abt 150 Kg LR might also need to change the engine to a 2,5 at least.
I would definately have a good look at a FL2 with air suspension as long it would not get me into the high end of the Disco 3. FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #21486 3rd Jun 2008 11:23 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

I guess its all pie in the sky until something is announced by LR themselves.

I think we'll be a few grand worse off by the addtional seats or air suspension been added.

As Matei says the cost could place it in the D3 territory without the space of the D3, if thats the case D3 it would be for me (as long its a high enough spec' D3) Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #21487 3rd Jun 2008 11:32 am
phil_wkl

Australia 

Isn't the point as follows:
want air suspension? pay more and buy D3, RRS or FFRR
want 7 seats? pay more and buy D3

These extras will push the price up...hence you are then in the next 'bracket' of choice. If this happens then LR will have to bring out a smaller vehicle (LRX?) to compete with less pricier alternatives as the Freelander will become even more premium and priced even further away from its original consumer base. I don't see this happening because where will that leave the D4? RRS2? Phil

Post #21489 3rd Jun 2008 11:53 am
jules1967

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

its always nice to have options. Personally I don't see the point. The FL2 rides really well anyway. Mine's even stopped squealing round corners now I've put some air in the tyres. Whistle

It does seem that Tata aren't the asset strippers that I'd feared they were so lets look forward to further investment and more great models.

Keep up the good work Lr2maker, you and your mates are doing a grand job. Thumbs Up 07 Freelander 2 TD4SE Tambora Flame, side steps, privacy glass, mud flaps, boot liner and a tow bar. Ok it's the Wifes but she lets me drive it occasionally - if I've been good!

Post #21495 3rd Jun 2008 1:02 pm
chicken george

jules1967 wrote:
its always nice to have options. Personally I don't see the point. The FL2 rides really well anyway. Mine's even stopped squealing round corners now I've put some air in the tyres. Whistle

drive faster man. Laughing

Air suspension would be OTT for an FL2 in my opinion, unless it didnt increase the cars price Wink At work
At home

Post #21496 3rd Jun 2008 1:21 pm
jules1967

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

chicken george wrote:
Men should not be dragged to see the 'sex in the city' movie, no matter how pregnant their wives are !

My Wife suggested it but i opted for a frontal labotomy instead. I reckon I'll kill less brain cells that way. 07 Freelander 2 TD4SE Tambora Flame, side steps, privacy glass, mud flaps, boot liner and a tow bar. Ok it's the Wifes but she lets me drive it occasionally - if I've been good!

Post #21504 3rd Jun 2008 3:09 pm
chicken george

jules1967 wrote:
chicken george wrote:
Men should not be dragged to see the 'sex in the city' movie, no matter how pregnant their wives are !

My Wife suggested it but i opted for a frontal labotomy instead. I reckon I'll kill less brain cells that way.

I got my own back my moaning and fake snoring all the way thru Laughing .Oh and by repeatedly asking why the main star was so ugly ? At work
At home

Post #21522 3rd Jun 2008 6:24 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>