Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Goodbye ford welcome to a bright future
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
npinks

United Kingdom 

She defiantly should where a parker in my opinion fully zipped up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #21524 3rd Jun 2008 6:27 pm
CY

Scotland 

npinks wrote:
i think like the disco3 you have issues getting into them too.

I'm over 6ft and find access to the 3rd row as simple as getting in the back seats TBH. One flick folds the backrest down then one tug rolls the whole middle bench forward - the vehicle is tall enough and the doors wide enough that you can just step in Thumbs Up

AS and 7 seats would obviously be a nice touch for the F2 but it would push prices up which, considering the premium you pay over all the other inferior 'small' 4x4s already, might decrease their market for it Question

The extra seats I'd imagine would only be for kids thought it would seem like a good competitor against vehicles such as the Toyota Verso which have a similar set-up.

The chances are that an AS 7 seat Fl2 would knaw at sales of the D3 and LR wont want that. I'll be interested to see how things pan out... Thumbs Up "CY from DISCO3"

Discovery 3 TDV6 SE

Post #21553 4th Jun 2008 12:39 am
Lr2maker

United Kingdom 
Thanks for the nice comments peeps

Eventually large 4x4's will go out of fashion. Nice as they are rrs range rover etc. Tax media will kill em off. Tata looking to future hence hybrid stop start technology in pipeline. Did you know a mini cooper sport kicks out more co2 than a fl2? Papers don't tell u that!!! Damn green bandwagon Live your life be free-lander

Post #21555 4th Jun 2008 2:37 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey
Re: Thanks for the nice comments peeps

Lr2maker wrote:
Eventually large 4x4's will go out of fashion. Nice as they are rrs range rover etc. Tax media will kill em off. Tata looking to future hence hybrid stop start technology in pipeline. Did you know a mini cooper sport kicks out more co2 than a fl2? Papers don't tell u that!!! Damn green bandwagon

Maybe they will go out of fashion, but I guess there will always be a market for this type of vehicle Question

The smaller 4x4's will certainly have a long life here in Scandinavia at least where they have become very popular probably because of the harsh winters and mountainous terrain. In the past it has been estate (touring) models that have always sold more than their saloon versions, but today SUV’s are about to take over.

Today the 4th most sold car in Norway is the Mitsubishi Outlander just behind Golf, Mondeo and Passat. The CR-V is 9th, RAV4 is 11th and X-trail 16th on the most sold car list.

The market for the FL2 should be very large in Norway, but it seems that its price puts it in an exclusive slot here (along with the X3). In addition the badly informed (or corrupt?) press has not given it the excellent reports it deserves, compared with the opposition and cheaper smaller SUV’s. However the old Freelander was very popular and the FL2 seems to be selling quite well since it provisionally kills the ageing X3 (same price group) technically. Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #21571 4th Jun 2008 9:09 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12