Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > FL2 buying guide/ inspection list?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
r055

Scotland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey
FL2 buying guide/ inspection list?

hi guys,
im considering buying a 2nd hand FL2 57-plate GS 13k in stornoway grey. Rolling Eyes
it going for £19990, but not seen it as was in body shop today when i arrived at the stealers... i mean dealers! Wink apparently there was a scratch on it...

anyway, what are the main things i should be asking and looking for when buying 2nd hand?
and do you think that this is a reasonable price?

any feedback much appreciated Thumbs Up

Post #19921 11th May 2008 11:13 pm
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

Hello and welcome on the forum Thumbs Up
- Service history
- accident history. Check if any lamp looks newer than the other as this might be a sign the lamp was replaced
- rust. But have not seen here any rust problems so far
- has the car been garaged or not ?
- previous owner living near the seaside ? Might the car have been frequently sprayed withe salt water ?
- when you drive test her close the CD and do not miss any pothole and watch out for noises
- ask the dealer not to prewarm her for your drive test and when ask him to start while you watch the the exhaust.
might want to check this as well http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic1947.html
Cannot comment about the price but saw somewhere that over three years a SUV looses abt 40% of it's initial value. FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #19934 12th May 2008 6:46 am
r055

Scotland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

thanks- good thred there Thumbs Up 07 Fl2 GS
88 Galv chassis Landy 110 double cab

Post #19940 12th May 2008 8:15 am
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue
Re: FL2 buying guide/ inspection list?

r055 wrote:
hi guys,
im considering buying a 2nd hand FL2 57-plate GS 13k in stornoway grey. Rolling Eyes
it going for £19990, but not seen it as was in body shop today when i arrived at the stealers... i mean dealers! Wink apparently there was a scratch on it...

anyway, what are the main things i should be asking and looking for when buying 2nd hand?

Maybe you'll want to have a look here
http://www.topgear.com/content/buyersguides/02/1.html FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #20134 14th May 2008 3:57 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey
Re: FL2 buying guide/ inspection list?

Matei wrote:
r055 wrote:
hi guys,

Maybe you'll want to have a look here
http://www.topgear.com/content/buyersguides/02/1.html

.........or maybe not Whistle Who trusts that crowd of posers on TopGear Question TopQueer would be a better name for them Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #20160 14th May 2008 8:54 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Now then your FL2 is is purpose built off-roader, not that many of them get off road.

If you bought mine as a second hand vehicle there are loads of signs that its been off road. Now I don't think that is anything to be worried about, but it does complete the picture about the history of the car.

If you put my car up on a lift you will see 'loads' of evidence that it has been 'used'. Around the transmission tunnel there are many heat guards, these are poxy pieces of aluminim foil and they get it first when you explore the ground clearance. Having said that I damaged a couple of them just by driving through a deep puddle.

If the car has been seriously off road then it'll be 'soiled' in places that you just can't get clean. I've got mud splattered on the sound deadening material on the inside of the bonnet, it got there when the drive belts picked it up and flung it about when I tested the wading depth at the bottom of a quarry Whistle There's no way that can ever be cleaned off. As much as I've taken the wheels of and powerwashed all the accessible bits of the suspension, it doesn't take much to see where the mud has stuck.

If a car has been off road I really don't think that is a problem, its what it is designed for, but from a buyers point of view its jsut nice to be told the truth ....

Post #20162 14th May 2008 9:08 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1