« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > New colours for 2009
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 
New colours for 2009

I was in Charles Hursts Park Royal on Wednesday and James showed me the new colours for 2009........
Martinique Blue - metallic deep blue, similar to the Biaritz Blue that LR used a few years back
Galway Green - Similar to Epsom Green that LR had before Tonga - darker and deeper green than Tonga
Bourneville - Metallic Black with a hint of Chocolate so you cannot leave it out in the sun otherwise it will melt!

Martinique Blue is VERY nice and used to be a popular colour with BMW's too when LR was owned by them
Here is a Defender 300 Tdi painted in Biarritz Blue
http://www.landyzone.co.uk/classifieds/sho...&cat=2 How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #19183 2nd May 2008 9:03 pm
shar

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Firenze Red

I was at my local dealer yesterday and noticed the new colours too , i do like the martinique blue it reminds me of the monte carlo blue for the TD5s , I may have just choosen the colour of my next Landrover...... Wink

Post #19186 2nd May 2008 9:24 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

It's a lot darker than Monte Carlo - I ran a FFRR in Monte Carlo for 3 years and a Disco1 in Biarritz for 5 years How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #19204 3rd May 2008 11:02 am
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

Nice that LR is thinking of new colors or color replacements as I don't think we would like to end up like AUDI, BMW or MERCEDES with just three colors to chose from.
Well I guess we cannot end up like this as we are PROUD LR owners Thumbs Up FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #20042 13th May 2008 3:41 pm
DaveS

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

The blue is, as you say, a very good colour. Seems similar to Cairns Blue which was the colour I had on my D3, I dont think it was available for FL2 though eh Confused SD4 HSE Lux
Yeti 170 DSG L&K
Freelander 1 Td4 Overlander

Past: Freelander Metropolis, D3, D3, D2, Series 3, Series 3, Freelander 1 (still have this one bought new, the Monte Carlo blue kid)

Post #20043 13th May 2008 4:09 pm
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

DaveS wrote:
The blue is, as you say, a very good colour. Seems similar to Cairns Blue which was the colour I had on my D3, I dont think it was available for FL2 though eh Confused

Checked. Really nice. A bit similar with what Jeep calls Patirot blue but maybe sort of deeper. Would definately looked nice on FL2.
Nice that LR names the colors after places - found out Zermatt is actually in Switzerland.
Had a Peugeot 407 whose color was Alcyone blue. It seems Alcyone is a GReek mytological female figure who commited suicide by throwing herself in the sea. Now this seems some sad color. Not that the color itself was not nice. FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #20048 13th May 2008 4:56 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1