« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > stuff and nonsense
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black
stuff and nonsense

Ok, So some of us(me) post a lot of nonsense and silliness! Neutral Although I do try and give people straight answers to straight questions whenever I can.
You should try logging in to the Audi TT forum , Those guys have loads of problems and so post very little silliness.
The main difference is that most of us fl2 guys have no major problems with our cars Thumbs Up So what I say is long live silliness Cool . The day my posts get serious is the day my fl2 starts to annoy me and I hope that never happens.

So without silliness the forum will collapse and that would be bad because you all seem to be great guys.. and girls. ( Apart from the greys, your all too smug after the poll Wink ) At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #17741 12th Apr 2008 1:57 am
edh

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Santorini Black
Re: stuff and nonsense

chicken george wrote:
Ok, So some of us(me) post a lot of nonsense and silliness! Neutral Although I do try and give people straight answers to straight questions whenever I can.
You should try logging in to the Audi TT forum , Those guys have loads of problems and so post very little silliness.
The main difference is that most of us fl2 guys have no major problems with our cars Thumbs Up So what I say is long live silliness Cool . The day my posts get serious is the day my fl2 starts to annoy me and I hope that never happens.

So without silliness the forum will collapse and that would be bad because you all seem to be great guys.. and girls. ( Apart from the greys, your all too smug after the poll Wink )

Totally agree CG. Nothing worse than car forums simply dealing with suspension and ECU problems. Keep up the nonsense everyone Thumbs Up 08 Santorini Black HSE manual with DAB and privacy glass

Post #17746 12th Apr 2008 8:37 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey
Re: stuff and nonsense

edh wrote:
chicken george wrote:

So without silliness the forum will collapse and that would be bad because you all seem to be great guys.. and girls. ( Apart from the greys, your all too smug after the poll Wink )

Totally agree CG. Nothing worse than car forums simply dealing with suspension and ECU problems. Keep up the nonsense everyone Thumbs Up

I also agree to a degree with CG and edh Rolling Eyes HOWEVER, it may be an idea Idea to have a section of the forum for all the "stuff and nonsense"and keep the other topics free of it Whistle
It maybe that potential contributors are deterred by contributing to the important matters by all our nonsense Question 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #17749 12th Apr 2008 9:14 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

The main point of the forum is to help people with your experience and knowledge

There is alot of threads that divert off the original posts question, but as long as the thread starts off with answers, before we start talking about something else that fine with me

Help first take the Censored after

It is a social forum too and we don't have to talk about the FL2 all the time just start a new thread and discuss there Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #17754 12th Apr 2008 9:58 am
edh

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Santorini Black

npinks wrote:
The main point of the forum is to help people with your experience and knowledge

There is alot of threads that divert off the original posts question, but as long as the thread starts off with answers, before we start talking about something else that fine with me

It is a social forum too and we don't have to talk about the FL2 all the time just start a new thread and discuss there Thumbs Up

Spot on Laughing 08 Santorini Black HSE manual with DAB and privacy glass

Post #17764 12th Apr 2008 12:50 pm
AndyC

edh wrote:
npinks wrote:

It is a social forum too and we don't have to talk about the FL2 all the time just start a new thread and discuss there Thumbs Up

Spot on Laughing

OK Censored Laughing there cant be any "potential contributors are deterred by contributing to the important matters by all our nonsense" Thumbs Up otherwise they would have shouted by now Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #17766 12th Apr 2008 1:27 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

One upon a time, one did shout and make a mountain out of a hole hill

Then went back to his Volvo forum as they were more sensible Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #17773 12th Apr 2008 3:36 pm
AndyC

npinks wrote:
One upon a time, one did shout and make a mountain out of a hole hill

Then went back to his Volvo forum as they were more sensible Laughing

Rather an expensive way to rid of you lot Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.

Post #17792 12th Apr 2008 7:29 pm
upnaway

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Baltic Blue

Sorry to all you posters for being too serious, I will try to lighten up, never read a post yet that I thought was inappropriate, there I go again being serious its inbred in all engineers, we are all pipe and slide rules, that said even old farts like myself appreciate silliness. Wish this site had spell check, there I go again being serious. Long live G&T with lime & ice. Remember you just get One Life so Live It! still pining for my 3dr, no removeable hardtop, no drop glass tailgate, no roof rack, no pockets everywhere to stow all that man kit

Post #17800 12th Apr 2008 8:37 pm
Pete S.

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Sumatra Black

Absolutely - crikey, I'm agreeing with CG! As a new member who hasn't actually got his car yet I've been impressed by the help members give, especially to folk in my situation, and the harmless digs the 'main players' have at each other are good fun. Long may it continue and I hope to remain part of it.

So, just to get back to normality, CG - I pick up my car on Thursday and the towbar has been fitted....soon have the old tin tent rolling up that motorway!! Rolling with laughter

Post #17801 12th Apr 2008 8:41 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

There are no main players here just that some have posted more than others, all posts are equal Thumbs Up

The greys like to think they rule, but they are deluded. The vaners like to pretend to be normal and mix it with the cool kids, but are really just in awe of us non-vaners.. dont worry lads one day you will travel at over 1 mile a minute! Laughing At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #17805 12th Apr 2008 10:31 pm
J T

England 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Auto Santorini Black

chicken george wrote:
The vaners like to pretend to be normal and mix it with the cool kids,

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Gotta clean tea off the keyboard now.

Post #17807 12th Apr 2008 10:45 pm
Maverick

Scotland 

Nice CG, nice outlook on life, err, the forum! Maverick off disco3!
Drives white 1996 Defender 90 300TDi

R.I.P. Smudge! 24.10.08
R.I.P Hesko! 29.4.09

Post #17808 12th Apr 2008 10:47 pm
Pete S.

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Sumatra Black

The vaners like to pretend to be normal and mix it with the cool kids, but are really just in awe of us non-vaners.. dont worry lads one day you will travel at over 1 mile a minute! Laughing[/quote]

Man, you are sooooo wrong! Then again, if being 'normal' is 'mixing with the cool kids' count me out. The 'Boss' and I just like to get away from all that stuff; our palace on wheels gives us the opportunity to do just that and that thing of being right out there in the great outdoors but with a bit of comfort suits us just fine. Of course, as responsible 'vanners we match the 'van and car correctly and the F2 is just the dogs wotsits as far as I'm concerned! Roll on Thursday; can't wait. Although I live in Blackpool I'm getting my car from Charles Hurst in London; a day out to remember! I'm 52 going on 6 - I'm that excited!! I look forward to becoming a 'proper' member with a gallery of my own!! Thumbs Up

Post #17839 13th Apr 2008 5:23 pm
shar

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Firenze Red

You know why the forum is filled with stuff and nonsence...............it's all you men Rolling with laughter

would'nt have it any other way though........... Wink

Post #17843 13th Apr 2008 5:33 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>