« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Touch up Paint
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
welshlr2

Wales 2008 LR2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey
Touch up Paint

Can anyone help? I was at Conwy Landrover today picking up the fl2 after a week in the garage, (they have finally sorted the fuel guage problem, I have had a new tank and sender units.) I went to the parts dept. to get a sumatra black touch up pencil only to be told that it has been withdrawn and cannot be supplied any more, any ideas were I can get one from?
Confused

Post #17086 3rd Apr 2008 9:50 pm
ValetecDavid

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Santorini Black

go to your local body repairer they should be able to mix some for you ,but you will probably have to buy a litre also it will dry matt finnish so you will need to buy some laqure from halfords and spray it over the paint when dry.
the reason for this is that paint in retail touch up pens has the gloss laqure coat mixed in with the paint,
when i got some met blue mixed for a car i owned they said they could not mix it with gloss built in so i had to apply the paint then the laqure afterwards.i presume this is the norm ....it makes sense as that is how they spray a car many coats etc
cheers David L Wax on Wax off

Post #17095 3rd Apr 2008 11:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ValetecDavid

doh doh double post ........ Censored again oh well it is friday night Wax on Wax off

Post #17096 3rd Apr 2008 11:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Well its early Friday morning here that must be one hell of a pub Exclamation . I maybe wrong (rare but possible Rolling Eyes ) but I think Sumatra and Santorini black are the same colour renamed, so Santorini touch up paint should match Sumatra black. If not land-rover are acting Censored poor to withdraw a touch up colour as soon as they withdraw a paint colour from sale

Post #17098 4th Apr 2008 2:40 am
ValetecDavid

george your right it was thursday night not friday i think i have lost the plot,well we ordered our FL in samatra and they said they couldnt supply
so we saw a sample car in santorini seeing them side by side there seems to be a slight differeace to my eyes any way
santorini seems to be ever so slightly more metallicy with the flakes being multi coloured in satorini where they seemed to be silver only and smaller in samatra
they gave us a choice if you want black it will have to be santorini or choose another colour well we liked the santorini so we had that
cheers David L Wax on Wax off

Post #17101 4th Apr 2008 7:40 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Some other options in the other Touch up paint i just searched for Whistle

http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic1430.html?highlight=touch Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #17102 4th Apr 2008 8:11 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Also worth contact these chaps on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...m153.l1262

Any colour Genuine LR Touchup Pens Cool Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #17103 4th Apr 2008 8:17 am
welshlr2

Wales 2008 LR2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

thanks for that I have ordered the one off e bay so hopefully it will make an appearence early next week!!!

Post #17162 5th Apr 2008 12:46 pm
chicken george

Seems I was wrong. So its true Santorini is the new black Cool Its a bit strange that narvik was withdrawn maybe as it was a standard colour LR wanted everyone spending a bit more on metallic as I think the only non metallic paint now is white.

Looks like I'll be getting a white one next then as Mrs G has just set off shopping for a wedding outfit and Im going on a probably crazily expensive stag-night in Leeds tonight, Leaving the future new car fund empty again Neutral

If you see a guy in a dinner jacket comatosed on a Leeds pavement later tonight, dont kick him its probably me Confused

Post #17164 5th Apr 2008 1:09 pm
jimbob4755

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

So its' santorini top hat and tails tonight CG, while your out I'll nip round and pick a chicken for the camp fire as we are a bit short of hedgehogs to bake in clay! Rolling with laughter Freelander 2 - SE
Sumatra Black - TD4 -4X4 Jack Russel in boot.

Post #17197 5th Apr 2008 9:10 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

chicken george wrote:
Seems I was wrong. So its true Santorini is the new black Cool Its a bit strange that narvik was withdrawn maybe as it was a standard colour LR wanted everyone spending a bit more on metallic as I think the only non metallic paint now is white.

Looks like I'll be getting a white one next then as Mrs G has just set off shopping for a wedding outfit and Im going on a probably crazily expensive stag-night in Leeds tonight, Leaving the future new car fund empty again Neutral

If you see a guy in a dinner jacket comatosed on a Leeds pavement later tonight, dont kick him its probably me Confused

If i had read this earlier i could have not drunk tonight and picked you up from you comatosed state and bundled you into the back of the car and then put you in to a caravan to sleep it off (not mine as i hate the smell of sick)

Now that would have been worth it to see your face when you woke up Exclamation Rolling with laughter Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #17198 5th Apr 2008 9:14 pm
chicken george

Leeds is an evil place, I feel terrible this morning and some chavs punched me in the head in a fish'n' chip shop Evil or Very Mad . Just because I was in dinner jacket and had a huge red wine stain on my shirt. But I'm still alive Laughing

Post #17211 6th Apr 2008 1:00 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

chicken george wrote:
Leeds is an evil place, I feel terrible this morning and some chavs punched me in the head in a fish'n' chip shop Evil or Very Mad . Just because I was in dinner jacket and had a huge red wine stain on my shirt. But I'm still alive Laughing

Shocked

I have heard too many times of people be hit in Leeds for no reason, I suppose most citys have the chavs who are t Censored ts aswell

At least it wasn't worse that what you described, you hear too much about this type of thing going bad

Where had you been to need to wear a DJ Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #17215 6th Apr 2008 3:56 pm
jimbob4755

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

I don't believe it!, I was in this Fish and Chip shop in Leeds when..... Whistle Freelander 2 - SE
Sumatra Black - TD4 -4X4 Jack Russel in boot.

Post #17243 6th Apr 2008 8:03 pm
chicken george

We had been to tiger tiger,the purple door etc etc The dinner jackets were maybe a foolish idea but that was the dress code for the evening so I had no choice! The chavs waited until I was the last of us guys in the chippie and was in the process of grabbing my 'delicious meal' before punching me in the back of the head and running away Neutral . Today I struggled through a christening and the knees up after and now I have to work a night shift Sad
Lets see if I can get through the wedding without getting assulted Rolling Eyes are there any chavs in Horsham?

Post #17250 6th Apr 2008 8:47 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>