« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > At last!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Pete S.

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Sumatra Black
At last!

Done it! Just put down a deposit on a black TD4 SE auto from Charles Hurst in London. Thumbs Up

I'll soon be one of you!! Never spent anything like this amount on a car before so quite nervous, but genuinely convinced that this is the car for us.

Sorry Chicken George, it's for towing our caravan!!

Post #15365 8th Mar 2008 1:55 pm
Grimbo

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Zermatt Silver
Re: At last!

Pete S. wrote:
Done it! Just put down a deposit on a black TD4 SE auto from Charles Hurst in London. Thumbs Up

I'll soon be one of you!! Never spent anything like this amount on a car before so quite nervous, but genuinely convinced that this is the car for us.

Sorry Chicken George, it's for towing our caravan!!

Hi Pete - good on yer mate - well done. You won't be dissapointed with the vehicles towing ability. It really makes towing your caravan a breeze. A very comfortable and stable ride in all weathers. My auto XS is a little bit thirstier than I thought it would be, but what the hell, you can't have it all ways.

Post #15367 8th Mar 2008 2:07 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

"Sorry Chicken George, it's for towing our caravan!!"

At least you have the decency to admit your guilt and apologise for your anti-social behaviour.
Give it up now, rent a nice cottage instead, hot n cold running water, a hot bath, possibly a log fire, usable kitchen, comfortable real bed, And most importantly you don't have to wheel your waste away every morning.
All this just for the price of a towbar, never mind the wobbly trailer to fit on it!

Post #15368 8th Mar 2008 2:22 pm
Grimbo

chicken george wrote:
"Sorry Chicken George, it's for towing our caravan!!"

At least you have the decency to admit your guilt and apologise for your anti-social behaviour.
Give it up now, rent a nice cottage instead, hot n cold running water, a hot bath, possibly a log fire, usable kitchen, comfortable real bed, And most importantly you don't have to wheel your waste away every morning.
All this just for the price of a towbar, never mind the wobbly trailer to fit on it!

Hi Chicken George,

Sorry but you are in the minority on this forum George. We had a poll on the caravan subject quite some time ago, and those in favour outnumbered the ones against. So enjoy your cottages, package holidays, cruises and so forth. PS - I hope I don't delay you getting to the airport, oh and by the way I'll be on a site new you in York next month, keep a look out for me at Monks Cross Laughing Laughing Laughing Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #15370 8th Mar 2008 2:51 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

CG is not alone, some of us prefer to keep quiet and then pounce when you least expect it.

Bring it to Scotland.................................and you won't see it again Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #15372 8th Mar 2008 3:16 pm
Grimbo

UKdave104 wrote:
CG is not alone, some of us prefer to keep quiet and then pounce when you least expect it.

Bring it to Scotland.................................and you won't see it again Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

I'm parked up on the banks of Loch Long now near Arrochar if you want to pop over for a wee dram. Whistle Whistle Whistle

Post #15375 8th Mar 2008 3:21 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Quote:
I'm parked up on the banks of Loch Long now near Arrochar if you want to pop over for a wee dram.

You might be, bet ya c Censored van isn't Rolling with laughter ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #15377 8th Mar 2008 3:31 pm
Grimbo

UKdave104 wrote:
Quote:
I'm parked up on the banks of Loch Long now near Arrochar if you want to pop over for a wee dram.

You might be, bet ya c Censored van isn't Rolling with laughter

My caravan is parked on the banks of the Loch at Ardgartan Caravan and Camping site, the fishing is good to.

Pop over and I'll fry you some up on the barbie - you might find out what vanning is all about Thumbs Up

Post #15379 8th Mar 2008 3:40 pm
Lookers Park Royal

Pete,

Great choice of car, fantastic choice of dealership!!!

James Thumbs Up

Post #15380 8th Mar 2008 3:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Grimbo wrote:
UKdave104 wrote:
Quote:

You might be, bet ya c Censored van isn't Rolling with laughter

My caravan is parked on the banks of the Loch at Ardgartan Caravan and Camping site, the fishing is good to.

Pop over and I'll fry you some up on the barbie - you might find out what vanning is all about Thumbs Up

Well then as you are so close you could come across to the Argyll 4x4 club offroad weekend on the 29/30th and join us in some offroading fun and you can prove to us all that a Free2 isn't just for towing a caravan!
There are some lovely 4xs4 trails in the Ardgartten Forest right next door to you as well..................... How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #15382 8th Mar 2008 6:55 pm
Pete S.

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Sumatra Black

I fully intend to use my F2 off road having been on a LRORE day last summer up at Dunkeld and seen what it can do. I'd be very interested in knowing more about these trails at Ardgarten if anyone can supply any info or direct me to it?

Chicken George, I'm sorry mate but the hotel hasn't been built that can compete with my caravan! Also, before you turn the air blue next time you're in a queue and you see a caravan ahead, just check out what is in front of it first - quite often the delay is caused by other vehicles you know. I'd also point out that if I see a few cars backing up behind me I pull in to let them past; we're not all inconsiderate drivers! Thumbs Up

Post #15410 9th Mar 2008 6:03 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

well done for pulling over thats all I ask really, I just wish more vaners would do this. I do know whats its like from when I am in my tractor, very often its the car behind you that wont overtake when opportunities arise that lengthens the queues. But I always pull over when I get a good safe chance. More importantly I avoid busy roads on bank holidays when everyone want to get where they are going without delay and enjoy the dayout without being stuck behind a slowcoach.

Post #15413 9th Mar 2008 6:44 pm
shar

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Firenze Red

Hi Pete and welcome to the forum,great choice of towcar i have to say that the FL2 is the best towcar that i have had and you won't be disapointed with it on or off road Thumbs Up i love my FL2 Bow down

Post #15424 9th Mar 2008 8:55 pm
Tandemman

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Rimini Red

The red ones make the best towcars Mr. Green Mr. Green

Post #15435 10th Mar 2008 10:28 am
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I would think that all you C Censored r's would find a Fiat Panda 4x4 more suiting!!!!! One lump of junk towing another Rolling with laughter

P.S. CG maybe you should pack up the chickens and move here......I've never seen a Caravan here!!!

Post #15438 10th Mar 2008 11:59 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>