Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > S or GS?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Tandemman

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Rimini Red

grey people wear grey clothes buy grey cars and live grey lives grey isn't a colour its an absence of colour. Only my opinion of course .

Post #14745 26th Feb 2008 10:45 am
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

No we are the people who don't just see the black and white in life but also the bit in between allowing us to enjoy life that bit more Rolling with laughter

If they had the RRS orange available I would have taken that in an instant! All of my cars on Forza Motorsport on the Xbox360 are that colour Laughing

Last edited by Gambba on 26th Feb 2008 6:36 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #14749 26th Feb 2008 11:37 am
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Quote:
grey people wear grey clothes buy grey cars and live grey lives grey isn't a colour its an absence of colour. Only my opinion of course .

Well, my FL2 is grey...............but I can assure you that my clothes ain't grey and neither is my life.

You must be a sad individual if thats what you think Exclamation Exclamation ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #14756 26th Feb 2008 12:58 pm
Tandemman

oooooooooooooooooooooo just realised I have a grey MX5 nice to see everybody keeping a sense of humour though.

Post #14761 26th Feb 2008 3:00 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Tandemman wrote:
oooooooooooooooooooooo just realised I have a grey MX5 nice to see everybody keeping a sense of humour though.

You JUST realised you have a Grey car

1) How many cars do you have?
2) Is it real or MatchBox?
3) Is it because it needed washing and thought it was brown?
4) Forgot it was locked away in the garage for that one day in a year you get the roof down?

Rolling with laughter Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #14764 26th Feb 2008 3:29 pm
Dave

Quote:
just realised I have a grey MX5

Me too Laughing , except it's the wife's and I'm letting her drive the FL2 for a while Shocked ______________________
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #14768 26th Feb 2008 5:26 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

UKdave104 wrote:
Quote:
just realised I have a grey MX5

Me too Laughing , except it's the wife's and I'm letting her drive the FL2 for a while Shocked

His 'n' Her's Grey Cars Laughing

Matching reg plates too? Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #14770 26th Feb 2008 5:31 pm
Gecko

Vatican 

Interesting to hear that the S doesn't have terrain response - mine does in Belgium so it seems that the LHD market comes with different equipment levels. We don't have a GS model here - we have the E without terrain response then the S, SE, and HSE models which go up in equipment levels accordingly. Mine has arrived at the dealer so I should, with luck have it this week Smile

Post #14773 26th Feb 2008 6:16 pm
Gambba

Gecko, I found the bit before and after ordering great fun....then it was very slow and when I was going to pick up the car it was all undramtic until I got in it.....then the smiling began.......so much so my face hurts and I'm starting to look like the Joker!!

Start counting down the days! Thumbs Up

Post #14774 26th Feb 2008 6:39 pm
Dave

Quote:
Matching reg plates too?

Of course Thumbs Up ______________________
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #14803 27th Feb 2008 10:00 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Just found an option for anybody wanting to buy a "S" model with out Terrain Responce

Replace the blank where it should be and pretend you have it Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #14818 27th Feb 2008 2:23 pm
Gambba

Well to date there have been no major issues with the FL2 that I know of, and many owners have had minor niggles on the earlier production units, and a majority of them I would say were fixed with a change of software.

Japanese does not always mean realiable unfortunately, and if you work with the Japanese culture you would see how they can screw things up so badly when everything was perfect.

Just checked on the following CRV website http://www.crvownersclub.com/ and found that in 2004 they had 10 technical bulletins released relating to problems, and 2 of those were safety related, which I think trumps the first one and a half years the FL2 (in the UK) has been out by a fair margin.

In 2006 they released 9 bulletins for problems.

In 2007 they released 12 bulletins for problems.

They all have there problems unfortunately, and from what I see the Fl2 is extremely realiable.

Post #14859 28th Feb 2008 5:58 am
CPH

United Kingdom 

Thanks again for all the comments

Having decided on upping the spec to the GS I am however having a rethink and no matter how much the reviews state that the GS is better value it can surely only be better value if you use or want the additional spec

I have priced out 2 options from internet brokers
s model with urban and seat pack 19.7k
this gives me rear armrest, elec fold mirrors, luggage cover, carpets, reae park sensor, and side mouldings

gs
this gives all the above plus items i dont find a need for such as terraine response, cruise control, fog lights , auto lights, auto wipers etc - though I accepts it has better alloys 21.2k

So there is a difference of 1.5k for things i wont use
Even if the residuals are far better with the GS I will be paying 1,5k plus loan interest more and i am getting all i want.

My question is will the residuals be so much better to warrant the upgrate eg the GS needs to be worth over 1.5k plus interest of the price of the S in 4-5 years time- I expect to have it that long. Its only 2.5k more new.

The only thing that worries me is if I really nead TR. But surely the car is as good if not better than the rav4 and CRV even without TR and since it will be tarmac plus campsites usage I cant see why I need it.

I would love to see a head to head of the S version versus competitors as the GS is obviously better offroad but would the S still be better than the competition anyway and certainly for my needs.

I can see why the GS is preffered however I still cant see why the S isnt classed as a favourable option if you dont need top-notch offroading technics and are quite prepared to keep your foot steady on the motorway, turn your wipers on if you see rain and turn the headlights on if it gets dark. Plus, I see more cars with fog lights on posing with no fog than I see with any lights on in the fog.

Any further thoughts, still havent hear from any S owners thoughts

Post #14922 29th Feb 2008 12:34 am
annesley23

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

I had a 'S' Loan car today. Very basic inside, but drove just as well as my HSE!

That might help. Freelander 2 HSE Auto TD4. Privacy Glass. DAB Radio. Upper Chrome Mirror Covers. Tread Plates Front/Back. Cargo Net. SafeGuard, Santorini Black, Moon Roof

Post #16301 21st Mar 2008 11:29 pm
Tandemman

Although I have 24000 miles on my GS and the tyres have 6mm of tread left it is worth looking at the price saving of 16 inch tyres for the S over 17 inch for the GS, about 30% Exclamation which equates roughly to £30 per tyre Thumbs Up Thumbs Up plus you have much greater tyre choice on replacement . Smile
Either way its swings and roundabouts with regard to spec and options.

Post #16309 22nd Mar 2008 7:27 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>