Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Site News & Feedback > Thanks Button
Would you like to see a "Thanks" button?
Yes:
65%
 65%  [17]
No:
34%
 34%  [9]
Total Votes: 26

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Martin
Site Admin & Owner

United Kingdom 

Yes I have seen the example you linked to, but I have also seem examples when, as I said, it gets to hundreds of thanks and then it is a lot to scroll past...

I've not discounted it becoming available in the future, just passing on my opinion Smile

Post #177423 26th Mar 2013 5:06 pm
SYFL2

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I was looking on another forum last night there were some lovely pics of an old car and the thanks underneath went on nearly as long as the photo's Shocked theres no need for it imho you usually say thanks in your reply anyway.

Post #177427 26th Mar 2013 5:14 pm
Slaneydore

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Understood Martin Wink
I just thought it might of been a good feature to have once someone as helped you out in a certain situation.
Please forgive me if you thing im sticking my 2 cents in i cant help my self, been running forums for the last 8 years and i forget my self sometimes Embarassed

Sorry Mart, lets let this poll run and see what the outcome is and then you can decide if its possible

slaney Thumbs Up

Loving this forum Martin nice job you've done here mate  BETTER looking half of the famous Twinlanders
The wanna be other half - http://www.freel2.com/forum/member-carriec.html

Post #177428 26th Mar 2013 5:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Martin
Site Admin & Owner

United Kingdom 

I have also said I see the positive side so please don't think I'm saying a flat no to this.....

Post #177429 26th Mar 2013 5:22 pm
Slaneydore

Completely understand Martin Wink BETTER looking half of the famous Twinlanders

Post #177431 26th Mar 2013 5:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
taztastic

England 

I have been mooching around BabyRR, not because I want one but just to see how that platform works, it has an option to give a star rating to a thread, this is a good idea as the rating can be sorted, those posters with good threads will have a high rating, this would be a suitable solution and a better way of "thanking"?

Just an option to look at, although I think the rating also needs to have an indication of how many votes have been cast.

Post #177436 26th Mar 2013 5:44 pm
Slaneydore

Good alternative taz they have something similar on support forums for the admins and mods. BETTER looking half of the famous Twinlanders

Post #177438 26th Mar 2013 5:55 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Slaneydore wrote:
Quote:
but by the time you get to 200 thanks it is a lot to scroll past....

I think you got the wrong end of the stick Mart, there is no scrolling mate, its just a tiny line below a members post with members who have thanked (example on my image a few posts back) But if this forum dos not support such a thing i would suggest you remove this thread and forget all about it

Slaney Wink

It's still easier to scroll past 200 thanks than it is to scroll past 200 separate replies (and signatures) with just a Thumbs Up in them. I just thought how much server space wouldn't be taken up. I admit, I don't know what's involved in setting a thanks button up but if it's not too much trouble, couldn't it be tried out for a bit to see how it goes? Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #177439 26th Mar 2013 5:55 pm
taztastic

England 

It won't happen on this platform, I think it's a case of let's come up with some ideas to look at and then see what happens.
As Martin has said, he sees a positive side and it is being considered, its not something easy to do on here in its current form, a clue there perhaps?

I quite like the idea of the voting stars system as it doesnt create clutter of any sort and provides a ranking system that allows readers to select the threads in order of merit, the OP would get gratification from their post being highly ranked without the Thumbs Up cluttering the place up and without the class dividing "thanked a thousand times" badge.

The poll is running indefinately at present so keep bumping the thread and it will give an idea, although we also need thoughts as to how it could be done, I voted NO for a thanks button but would vote YES to a star rating, maybe I could add some more poll options?

Post #177440 26th Mar 2013 6:21 pm
Slaneydore

I think whatever you come up with (voting stars system or thanks button) or something completely different that would work in the same way
New poll thread, and a mass PM to all members so votes can be placed????

Just another idea Whistle BETTER looking half of the famous Twinlanders

Post #177457 26th Mar 2013 7:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123