Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Hello from the new site sponsors!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
Lookers Park Royal

Hello from the new site sponsors!

I'm pleased to say that we are now officially one of the site sponsors for freel2.com along with rrsport.co.uk.

As with the other sites run by Martin, there is a wealth of experience and knowledge within the forum, and hopefully we will be able to contribute to the benefit of the forum members.

If there is anything we can help with then please let me know, and feel free to drop in and see us if you are in the London area!

Post number 1, many more to go! Thumbs Up

Regards,

James

Post #11537 11th Dec 2007 11:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

Hi James

Great that we now have an official sponsor. Thumbs Up

Does that mean we can get discounts and accessories or parts Whistle if required?

Sorry just thought i'd asked Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #11548 12th Dec 2007 12:27 am
Pheasantplucker57

Scotland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Sumatra Black

Now that we have a site sponsor, does that mean that we have a better chance of Land Rover listening to us? Freelander 2 GS Auto black + privacy glass
Mercedes E220 CDI

Post #11549 12th Dec 2007 12:27 am
Lookers Park Royal

PM me with any requirements and I will get a response for you (I'm sure we can do 'a little something' for forum members'. Very Happy

I know Land Rover Global monitor this site closely as they placed a link for in on the internal web site. Keep discussing the vehicles (good points and bad) and they will take those comments on board. Idea

If we can help from a dealership level then please let me know. We look forward to giving a positive contribution (hopefully ). Thumbs Up

James

Post #11560 12th Dec 2007 7:45 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
joe1978

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Fuji White

Nice that we have someone from "The Company" dropping in to say hello.

We seem to be alot more civilised than other car forums I've been on Rolling Eyes so hopefullly we won't scare him off. (i've seen it happen Rolling Eyes )

Welcome!!!!

joe MY11 Fuji white Td4 150 GS straight up no mixer.

Post #11563 12th Dec 2007 9:37 am
Lookers Park Royal

I'll try not to be scared off! Surprised

Obviously if anyone has any serious product issues then they need to deal directly with their supplying dealership. If the issue is not resolved to the owners satisfaction then the next step is Land Rover Customer Care. The majority of dealerships will want to rectify issues as quickly as they can as an unhappy customer is never good for business! Shocked

I am here to help with advice, and give you the latest new product information as it is released from Land Rover, which I will certainly do my best to do!

Hopefully we can work together! Thumbs Up

James

Post #11566 12th Dec 2007 10:30 am
elephant

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Welcome Very Happy
I hope you will be able to tell us the latest info on our cars. If and when new software is available for example or if DAB radio has been released (I have heard lots but seen nothing!) - stuff like that is really useful.
good to have you on board.

Post #11603 12th Dec 2007 9:39 pm
Lookers Park Royal

Happy to give you any information that I get, however it is more often the case that the press receive press releases at the same time as the dealer network, therefore you may read something on-line elsewhere before i get a chance to tell you about it! Rolling Eyes

Please feel free to prompt me about technical issues etc, however I will need to refer any questions to one of my colleagues in our aftersales department.

DAB Radio was released for ordering a few weeks ago, therefore the first vehicles with it will probably come through late Jan.

I hope this helps? Thumbs Up

James

Post #11605 12th Dec 2007 10:00 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

james

Can you please find out whether this would be able to be added to my current radio? (Standard FL2 SE) as some sort of module/plug in

I have heard it will not work with the existing radios, but would like a second opinion Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #11606 12th Dec 2007 10:41 pm
Nick Jan

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
pleased

I'm also really pleased that someone from LR is now contributing to this forum, as well as now knowing that LR global are keeping an eye on us. As most ppl on here are very pleased with their FL2s I hope we can all win out of this arrangement. Very Happy

A question James ......... is there any prospect of LR selling a metal footrest for auto versions of the FL2, to better protect the carpets from unecessary wear (esp alpaca)?
 Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Post #11611 13th Dec 2007 1:08 am
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Good on yer CHPR James, welcome aboard chap!! Thumbs Up

You may regret signing up as you will now be inundated with info requests Censored Censored so we may need to cut you some slack in response times. Question Question

Maybe you should get a CCTV avatar aka BIG BROTHER watching us Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Good to have you here anyway Thumbs Up

Post #11659 13th Dec 2007 8:29 pm
Nick Jan

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

A quick update on my query to James about any LR plans for a left footrest to save wear and tear to the driver's footwell carpet:-

Response ...... He's scoured the LR bulletin board and apparently there is nothing that suggests there is a plan for a foot rest. He has also put the suggestion into the 'suggestions' section on the dealers' internal web site.

Thanks James! Thumbs Up Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Post #11683 14th Dec 2007 12:12 pm
Lookers Park Royal

All questions now have PM's, for fear of flooding the forum with my responses! If you find the PM's helpful then please feel free to post them. Thumbs Up

We have a mechanism for feeding suggestions back to Land Rover via our internal web site, thefore I will keep a list of 'forum' suggestions on a spreadsheet and will feed back to LR next time FL2 is the featured vehicle.

James Thumbs Up

Post #11684 14th Dec 2007 12:23 pm
VIKING

Norway 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Caspian Blue

Charles Hurst Park Royal wrote:
We have a mechanism for feeding suggestions back to Land Rover via our internal web site, James Thumbs Up

Then please feed back to Land Rover they MUST have air-suspension (either standard or as an option) on their next edition of Freelander. Audi Q5 will have this, you know. (And MB GLK?) And if Q5 will be alone having this in this segment, they will grab a huge portion of it. Land Rover dont want to see that, do they?

LR2 would be the perfect vehicle with air-suspension and an additional 20 cm to the lenght. 10 cm for back-seat, and 10 cm for storage. But most important: AIR SUSPENSION.

If such a FL excisted (airsusp+20cm), it would grab a huge portion of the market. Also from vehicles one size up (Touareg, MB ML etc). 2008 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Automatic, Caspian Blue, Alpaca, Moon roof, Exclusive pack.

Post #11692 14th Dec 2007 2:47 pm
rmbillington

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Hi James

I have one quick question (I hope), that my dealer hasn't been much help with. Do the manual FL2s have the Gradient Release Control? I know they all have HIll descent, but they seem unable to get a firm response as to whether they have the GRC feature.

Also, one for the suggestions would be a power point in the boot, how much help would that be.

Thanks for you help

Rich

Post #11697 14th Dec 2007 3:54 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>