Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Hello from the new site sponsors!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Lookers Park Royal

GRC Gradient Release Control

Rich, Yes Manual or Automatic...................

The uphill feature is even more important on manual vehicles!

Gradient Release Control is new for Freelander 2 and unique to Land Rover. If Hill Descent Control is engaged and the car is being held by the footbrake, then Gradient Release Control detects whether the car is being held on a steep slope. If it is, then Gradient Release Control commands a progressive release of brake line pressure when the drivers foot is removed from the brake pedal.

This action provides a very composed, reassured acceleration up to the Hill Descent Control speed, preventing the unnerving lurch that can disturb the vehicle and jeopardise control on the steepest inclines.

The speed at which the brake line pressure is allowed to decay depends on the steepness of the slope and the Terrain Response setting (if fitted), but can be as long as two seconds in some situations. Gradient Release Control also works when performing an uphill start from the footbrake on steep off-road inclines. Brake pressure is maintained momentarily (3 seconds maximum) to provide a margin for the driver to gain control of the car on clutch and throttle.

I hope this helps?

James Thumbs Up

Post #11698 14th Dec 2007 4:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

It would be nice if GRC worked all the time with or with out HDC. Is the GRC unsuitable for normally road driving? I know that Audi do a hill hold feature on the s-tronic gearboxes. I suppose I'm looking for an automatic electric handbrake. (next I'll be wanting a self driving car)

Post #11700 14th Dec 2007 5:18 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

chicken george wrote:
............ I suppose I'm looking for an automatic electric handbrake.

You should have bought a Disco3, RRSport or Range Rover then, or a Jaguar S type or XJ........................... and they can be a right pain in the bum too as they can bind on and then everybody is looking at you as the brake howls as you drive along, so you don't really want one George. How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #11711 14th Dec 2007 7:34 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

My mate has similar troubles in his vw passat. Not that we do many hill starts in the Yale of York.

Post #11717 14th Dec 2007 8:48 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 
DAB

Some good new here..........if your buying a new car next year Smile

The bad news is that it seems like 'we' can not get the DAB, going to make more inquiries with my ICE chap and LR dealer

James our friendly neighbourhood dealer sponsor has responded to a question I have asked

"First cars with DAB are due early next year (I've not ordered any for stock though). I understand that the facia is the same (certainly as you have the digital button), but obviouly the internals will be different.

If you get on well with your local dealer it would be worth asking if they can slip your radio out of your car and try a DAB from a stock car when they have one come through? I'm not 100% sure if FL2 radios are ordered chassis-specific but it's possibly worth a try?"

Thanks again James

PS Nice avatar, somebody must know what they are doing Whistle Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #11749 15th Dec 2007 1:03 am
upnaway

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Baltic Blue

James, I have just deleted 6 lines of cynical text, my apologies for such disengenious thoughts. 1 Gordons & Schweppes too many! You have been the first to put your head over the parapet and are to be applauded. It is up to Martin after all his sterling contributions to decide should we require a site sponsor.
I raise yet another glass to both of you! One life-live it or if you prefer Go Beyond still pining for my 3dr, no removeable hardtop, no drop glass tailgate, no roof rack, no pockets everywhere to stow all that man kit

Post #11784 15th Dec 2007 9:12 pm
Lookers Park Royal

Your comments were posted and then removed before I saw them! Thumbs Up

Post #11795 16th Dec 2007 1:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
defkalion

Greece 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Good evening James
I'm just about to order a Diesel Auto here in Greece. If it;s not too much trouble, can you please tell what's the delivery time for a new HSE Diesel Auto FL2 with a few options added in England if ordered today? Thanks in advance, the Greek guy who bought some LR gear from your place last spring... Very Happy

Post #11995 20th Dec 2007 9:09 pm
Drew

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Narvik Black

Re foot rest, canI suggest that if LR take up the idea that they also make it with a deep 'lip' which would protect the side of the carpet next to the gear box. Can it also be made adjustable for angle, as I find the present one too upright and not very comfortable.

Post #12000 21st Dec 2007 12:40 am
scotster

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

npinks.

I've been told you can't swap the audio head unit as it's dedicated to your chassis. Hence 6 cd changers units on ebay not selling to people like me with single cd units.

If LR want to make some cash they shoud really re-consider this approach as I, amongst many would be very happy to pay for a plug in card or head unit to get DAB retrofitted.

Maybe I like 6 music too much! Rolling Eyes

PLEASE change your avatar. Its 'distracting'. '57 GS TD4 in Stornoway. Privacy, Leather, Tred Cills. From ebay etc.. 18" 12 spoke HSE alloys, rear spoiler, clear side repeaters with clear leds, led interior light to replace bulbs, sports exhaust trim, TomTom 720.
Favourite Off road vehicle, still my Santa Cruz Mountain Bike! Smile http://www.team-banana-racing.com

Post #12002 21st Dec 2007 12:58 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

scotster wrote:
npinks.

I've been told you can't swap the audio head unit as it's dedicated to your chassis. Hence 6 cd changers units on ebay not selling to people like me with single cd units.

If LR want to make some cash they shoud really re-consider this approach as I, amongst many would be very happy to pay for a plug in card or head unit to get DAB retrofitted.

Maybe I like 6 music too much! Rolling Eyes

PLEASE change your avatar. Its 'distracting'.

I was thinking more towards an offical LR attachement, something that can be plugged in to provide the DAB side of radio, keeping the existiing radio where it is

AVATAR Changed to something less distracting, and a little less movement Big Cry Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #12011 21st Dec 2007 10:45 am
Lookers Park Royal

defkalion,

If you were to order now then most UK dealers would try to amend an existing stock order which I would estimate would come through late February.

Thanks for buying the LR Gear from us. Thumbs Up

Hope this helps?

James

Post #12020 21st Dec 2007 1:39 pm
defkalion

Greece 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

James, thanks for your quick response. Thumbs Up

Post #12040 21st Dec 2007 4:43 pm
builder

England 

Charles Hurst Park Royal wrote:
Happy to give you any information that I get, however it is more often the case that the press receive press releases at the same time as the dealer network, therefore you may read something on-line elsewhere before i get a chance to tell you about it! Rolling Eyes

Please feel free to prompt me about technical issues etc, however I will need to refer any questions to one of my colleagues in our aftersales department.

DAB Radio was released for ordering a few weeks ago, therefore the first vehicles with it will probably come through late Jan.

I hope this helps? Thumbs Up

James

Hi James. How much are they asking for the upgrade to DAB radio Rolling Eyes

Post #12458 1st Jan 2008 7:37 pm
Lookers Park Royal

Morning Builder,

I'm not in the office today, so from memory I'm 99% sure it is £200 inc VAT as a factory upgrade. If it's any different I'll post again tomorrow. I've been asked if you can retro fit the LR DAB uniys which I am advised that you can't.

Hope this helps?

James Thumbs Up

Post #12493 2nd Jan 2008 12:21 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>