Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Do you pay for a courtesy car for warranty issues?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
scotster

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey
Do you pay for a courtesy car for warranty issues?

I have been asked to pay £15 per day for a courtesy FL2 whilst my dealer tries to sort out a warranty issue. and pay a £250 excess. They say its to pay for insurance as in the past they have had bad experiances with people not being fully covered.

I have to say being tight for £15 on a £27,000 car seems.............well, tight.

Let me know what happens near you. This is for a west London dealer. '57 GS TD4 in Stornoway. Privacy, Leather, Tred Cills. From ebay etc.. 18" 12 spoke HSE alloys, rear spoiler, clear side repeaters with clear leds, led interior light to replace bulbs, sports exhaust trim, TomTom 720.
Favourite Off road vehicle, still my Santa Cruz Mountain Bike! Smile http://www.team-banana-racing.com

Post #12003 21st Dec 2007 1:03 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

You should be able to get your insurance transfered onto the courtesy car for the duration.at no cost and under the same excess conditions

Post #12004 21st Dec 2007 1:06 am
joe1978

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Fuji White

Are you using a stratstone dealer?? their parent company pendragon don't do customer insurance...at all!!
I got my insurer (esure) to do a temp cover and it was FOC so I didn't mind. The dealer actually made the call for me and I answered the security qn's.

On the other hand my OH got charged on her policy, £21 for a week, the wouldn't do days!!

joe MY11 Fuji white Td4 150 GS straight up no mixer.

Post #12006 21st Dec 2007 1:24 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Normally you may have to go on to their insurance policy and the excess is higher, normally you would pay a nominal fee, of £5.00 (possibley higher down south)

I have never rang my insurance company up, but i beleive it transfers automatically to the courtasy car.

A insurance company may charge if the car provided is a higher risk, such as dropping your old knackered car off and geting a top of the range FFRR vogue at £67k, so may charge for the days covered.

I find it strange that a insurance company not to do it per day for a courtasy car, how many times is a car in for a week been services. It may be that you OH insurer's did it as a hire car which may have had a minimum 7 day period.

To pay for it is not that much, but still why should you have to, you have a perfectly good car that techiniqually should not require to leave you without a car for a day. I would speak to them or Landrover Customer services and see if they'll foot the bill. Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #12010 21st Dec 2007 10:24 am
The Villager

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey

my dealer offers a car FOC or will collect my car from my home and return same cleaned David

Post #12012 21st Dec 2007 10:53 am
scotster

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

That's more like it David! Thumbs Up '57 GS TD4 in Stornoway. Privacy, Leather, Tred Cills. From ebay etc.. 18" 12 spoke HSE alloys, rear spoiler, clear side repeaters with clear leds, led interior light to replace bulbs, sports exhaust trim, TomTom 720.
Favourite Off road vehicle, still my Santa Cruz Mountain Bike! Smile http://www.team-banana-racing.com

Post #12018 21st Dec 2007 12:35 pm
Lookers Park Royal

Scotster, sent another PM although it's sitting in my Outbox at the moment!

James Thumbs Up

Post #12025 21st Dec 2007 3:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

Charles Hurst Park Royal wrote:
Scotster, sent another PM although it's sitting in my Outbox at the moment!

James Thumbs Up

Just a note on PM's which you may know already

They sit in the outbox until read by the recepient Very Happy Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #12032 21st Dec 2007 4:03 pm
Lookers Park Royal

Cheers Neil Embarassed

James Thumbs Up

Post #12033 21st Dec 2007 4:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

Charles Hurst Park Royal wrote:
Cheers Neil Embarassed

James Thumbs Up

Nick Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #12034 21st Dec 2007 4:06 pm
Lookers Park Royal

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Thanks Fred!

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

As it's the season of goodwill then hopefully you'll forgive me!

James Thumbs Up

Post #12035 21st Dec 2007 4:12 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Had a courtesy car from Town & County Aberdeen when mine was in recently with no charges to pay.

Only thing I had to do was phone the insurance company (esure) to transfer cover for the duration I had the courtesy car. Would have had to pay an excess if the courtesy car was worth more than my FL2. ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #12037 21st Dec 2007 4:22 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Marshalls Bedford Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Free car, free wash, if on warranty or service...Brilliant

Post #12071 22nd Dec 2007 10:17 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

A lot depends on the dealer - if you bought the car from the same dealer as you are taking it for the servicing then , in my experience, you will get a courtesy car at no charge other than having to pay insurance and fuel. However when I have taken a car to be serviced somewhere other than the supplying dealer then I have been asked to pay a minimal fee as well as the insurance and fuel. Until recently I have bought 6 other Land Rovers from the local dealer and was always offered a courtesy car if one were available however as I live 20 minutes drive from the dealership they often found it easier to take me into town and collect me when the car was ready or to take me home and then collect me when the car was finished. As I have a 2nd Land Rover to drive when one is in being serviced I didn't need a loaner very often. Now that I have purchased a new car from a different dealer I doubt very much that I will be offered a loaner for free by the local dealer. How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #12080 23rd Dec 2007 12:04 pm
markconnor33

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

I've had my car into Guy Salmon LR in Leeds on a couple of occasions, for warranty work/checks.

Glad to say that they have never charged me for a courtesy car,albeit car would have £250 excess on it - ok in my mind as same as mine.
Also requested to make sure any fuel used is replenished-again fair deal.

Whats even better is my car always comes back clean, soI effectively get a free wash and vac.

Now thats good service, and I didn't even buy my car from them.

Great work GS.

MArk Freelander 2
TD4 GS
Shiney fantastic Baltic Blue
Detachable Witter Towbar

Post #12088 23rd Dec 2007 5:35 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>