Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Do you pay for a courtesy car for warranty issues?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
npinks

United Kingdom 

markconnor33 wrote:
Also requested to make sure any fuel used is replenished-again fair deal

You mean they gave you the car with diesel vapours and you had to push it to the garage to put in a fivers worth of fuel to last the day Whistle

I don't mind the fact that the cars have low fuel but when the last car my garage gave me had 2 miles range left.

Then when i got a nice FFRR Vogue TDV8 i put £15 diesel in it and managed to get to Bradford and back just Shocked , now thats one engine i would love in the FL2 Very Happy Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #12091 23rd Dec 2007 5:57 pm
scotster

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

The service was booked through Charles Hurst and they have now kindly offered to waiver the insurance provided I can demonstrate that I'm insured. James sorted it!

So thanks to James and the Service manager!

Hope they do a decent job Smile

S. '57 GS TD4 in Stornoway. Privacy, Leather, Tred Cills. From ebay etc.. 18" 12 spoke HSE alloys, rear spoiler, clear side repeaters with clear leds, led interior light to replace bulbs, sports exhaust trim, TomTom 720.
Favourite Off road vehicle, still my Santa Cruz Mountain Bike! Smile http://www.team-banana-racing.com

Post #12133 24th Dec 2007 9:12 pm
boiledgnat

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Courtesy car no charge, but I did need to show a cover note from my insurers for their car. My insurance company (NFU Mututal) were excellent throughout, as I had to extend the cover 3 times!

My FL2 just been in the dealers for 5 days for faulty parking sensors and the suspension creak (delayed parts delivery!). As I booked it in over 3 weeks ago, had a choice of courtesy cars, so went for a D3 to see what it was like. Glad to get my FL2 back, D3 okay, but sluggish from a standing start and a nightmare to find a parking space big enough to get childseats in and out of. I did like the selected gear display (and it was a manual). Don't see why this couldn't have been fitted on the FL2 Sad

Post #12501 2nd Jan 2008 3:30 pm
nicam

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

FL2 was booked in on 11th Dec for its 15K service and a few warranty items. Dealer gave me a FL2 S for the 2 days they expected to have my car for, only needing site of my insurance certificate (fleet policy that covers anything), and cost nothing. When they couldn`t get the parts from Land Rover for the Haldex Clutch unit, and it got to the 21st Dec. they arranged for a alternative car for me over Christmas (I think they wanted the courtesy car back) and an S Type Jag turned up - they said it was OK as they are in the same Ford Premium Vehicles group now. Nice enough car, if you are 60+, and smoke a pipe, but it was rubbish on the unmade lane to the stables!!! and I daren`t let the dog on the back seat. Good on the motorway though.
Glad to get the FL2 back though - and NO issues so far after the servicing/warranty work. Don`t drive faster than your angel can fly!

Post #12529 3rd Jan 2008 12:39 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12