Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > MY2013 details (was autocar release..)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 11 of 16 <123 ... 101112 ... 141516>
Print this entire topic · 
richardk

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Aintree Green

Are you coming back to the fold? I see you're thinking of selling your Evpque

Post #156515 5th Oct 2012 7:56 am
Walenut

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Lago Grey

With rumours regarding the new Mercedes GLG Land Rover will have to stay on their toes, are there any plans for a hybrid?

Post #156594 6th Oct 2012 8:46 am
Tigger

United Kingdom 

I've just noticed a few serious issues in the new specification:

1. The DRL's have taken the place of the separate high beam, so we're back to the dim world of single optic headlamps, which are a serious problem when you live out in the sticks and need to use main beam a lot.

2. To order, the now essential, Xenons we will only get the option from XS spec and above. Even the HSE now has them as a cost option only at £710, weren't they included as standard before?

3. My XS no longer has electric seats; they are now a £830 option.

4. Puddle, front footwell and map reading lamps now deleted for XS spec, not even a cost option.

5. My XS no longer has front parking sensors as standard, they are now a £270 option.

6. Automatic is now a NCO. Great, if you want an automatic, but I suspect that the cost of the manual has risen (or other spec has been deleted) to allow this to be possible.

Post #156620 6th Oct 2012 12:28 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

richardk wrote:
Are you coming back to the fold? I see you're thinking of selling your Evpque

I may sell the Evoque but only if I was to get a very strong price for it which has been sugested by my dealer as Asian markets can't get hold of the petrol versions quick enough. Initially I would be looking to get another Evoque but could be tempted with a Freelander Dynamic or HSE LUX though I think they are getting too expensive & several items conveniently seem now to be options..... Evil or Very Mad (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #156634 6th Oct 2012 2:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Natwest

United Kingdom 

Tigger - bad news, auto isn't free, Build and price is wrong - and wrong about quite a few other things! Going by the pdf copy of the price list on the website, you're likely to be relieved of an additional £1505 when comparing manual and auto TD4 S

It does look like you need to buy a 2013 HSE to get something that is equivalent to a 2012 XS.

Big Cry Rear spoiler is only standard on Dynamic, everything else is Rolling with laughter charged £155

Post #156643 6th Oct 2012 4:59 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

What makes it even harder, is that some parts of the web site are still providing information on the pre facelift car, while other parts are giving info on the later car Question

The printed data that my dealer gave to me shows the auto as being a no cost option.

Post #156644 6th Oct 2012 5:08 pm
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

Xenon were not standard on HSE prior to MY13

XS still has an electric drivers seat but passenger isn't according to the builder to get both needs the £830 upgrade option.

Worked out that to replace my MY11 XS with an MY13 with same spec but including rear cameras would add about £4000 to the cost of mine.

Post #156646 6th Oct 2012 5:38 pm
richardk

From the current model line ups I think I'd get an S and add on the bits I want. Although paying over £26K for a new car and it doesn't even have bluetooth doesn't strike me as a premium car though

Post #156647 6th Oct 2012 5:39 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

Unfortunately, they've thought of that; there's so much that they simply won't allow you to add to an S Sad

Post #156657 6th Oct 2012 7:07 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

rchrdleigh wrote:

XS still has an electric drivers seat but passenger isn't according to the builder to get both needs the £830 upgrade option.

According to the dealer's documentation, the XS comes with:

Pack Code 033AS: "Grained leather seats 6/4 - Way Drivers; Height, Recline & Lumber Passenger; Recline"

For an extra £830, you can get:

Pack Code 033HC: "Grained leather seats - Electric 6/4 - Way Drivers; Height, Recline & Lumber Passenger; Recline"

Post #156661 6th Oct 2012 7:32 pm
richardk

Tigger wrote:
Unfortunately, they've thought of that; there's so much that they simply won't allow you to add to an S Sad

The only thing I've found I can't add but need is powered folding mirrors

Post #156663 6th Oct 2012 8:10 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

Not sure why they have put leather as standard on the GS for 2013 as now the GS, XS & HSE all have the same & now only 2 colours so back to 2009/8/7 in choice. Why the removal of Storm Grey? I hate the almond & don't wish to have the colour scheme of a hearse!
If they were going to modify the GS why not move the leather/alcantara from the XS down one model?

So from my point of view if I were to come back to FL2 & have a seat trim to suit I would have to order a Dynamic & add several cost options that were on my HSE or have an HSE Lux with Windsor leather at near the cost of an Evoque Prestige Lux = No brainer. HSE Lux = £550 for metallic paint, Evoque Prestige (Lux or non Lux) = Metallic paint is standard & if you go Lux the spec is a fair bit more. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #156692 6th Oct 2012 11:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
richardk

Strikes me that the price shifting of the FL2 might be to create a gap for a sub FL2 vehicle based on the DC100 concept

Post #156700 7th Oct 2012 8:31 am
Wing

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

richardk wrote:
Strikes me that the price shifting of the FL2 might be to create a gap for a sub FL2 vehicle based on the DC100 concept

That may be the case, but I heard recently people were visiting the dealers with a view to buying an Evoque and driving out with a Freelander after test-driving them both and considering the price difference. It wouldn't surprise me if LR haven't purposely increased the price of the Freelander to avoid this. Sad

Post #156715 7th Oct 2012 1:15 pm
Andy S

United Kingdom 

Just played on the configurator on the LR website. My current car is 2011MY HSE SD4 with windsor leather. To get a similar car would take me to a HSE Luxe. So for the benefit of having a leccy park brake, reversing camera. Xenons and proper I-pod connectivity, I need tp pay £42K less whatever I get for the current car (probably £24K). I think I'll stick with what I've got thanks LR, £18K is a lot to pay for some bells and whistles. Now if there was a Si4 engine option........................

Post #156721 7th Oct 2012 3:44 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 11 of 16 <123 ... 101112 ... 141516>