Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > MY2013 details (was autocar release..)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 9 of 16 <123 ... 8910 ... 141516>
Print this entire topic · 
Andy S

United Kingdom 
Re: Timed Climate Control and Mauritius Blue

[quote="mole"]Went into my local LR dealer today to discuss a 2013 F2 but came away disappointed with the lack of answers to some simple questions.

OK Mole, given your location I can guess where you went. The guys in the dealership simply don't have the info would be my guess - they're not being unhelpful, they probably don't know. I've marked down with them that I'd like info on a 2013MY Si4 with all the bells and whistles (ie I'm going to spend a barrow load of money). They have said they will let me know as soon as they know, no bullshit, no prevarication, just a straight and honest answer. In the meantime, they're doing tempting 0% finance on existing stock to make room for the new kit.

All very frustrating, but this particular dealer has always managed to get me what I wanted.

Post #155436 22nd Sep 2012 5:07 pm
richardk

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Aintree Green

They may let you down this time though...strong rumours that the Si4 is not coming to the UK

Post #155448 22nd Sep 2012 7:50 pm
mole

United Kingdom 

Andy S

I have always been happy with this dealer before and would be happy if it is the case that they are suffering from a lack of information.

I see that you are hoping for a Si4, are these going to be made because I would also like a petrol engine but have been told only diesels for the UK?

I was hoping they would include the new RR L405 Madagascar Orange in the colour selection.

Thanks for your reply and I hope our wishes can be fulfilled ! mole

Post #155449 22nd Sep 2012 7:56 pm
richardk

The Si hasn't appeared on the latest price lists..I've also heard that they are not putting the Si4 into RHD models due to the engineering works required...but don't know if that is true or not...so almost everywhere will get it except Blighty...well until FL3 comes out.

We may be pushed into Evoques..but JLR won't have a problem with that if my bank balance will!

Post #155451 22nd Sep 2012 8:31 pm
Bopper

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Have been told that the brochure will be out this coming week and my car will be delivered on 25th October.
I may have the trim replaced in January

Post #155457 22nd Sep 2012 10:20 pm
Andy S

United Kingdom 

richardk wrote:
They may let you down this time though...strong rumours that the Si4 is not coming to the UK

I keep hearing these 'strong rumours' - usually from 'someone who knows someone who's son in law works for LR' or similar. If there is to be no Si4 in the Uk, why does the LR UK website say its coming?

If there is no Si4, I'll just keep the car I've got; no point splashing £20K ish to buy something which, but for xenon lights, is what I've got. Much as I'd love xenons, they're not worth paying that much for!

Post #155499 23rd Sep 2012 2:17 pm
taztastic

England 

LR media website states "Not available in the UK" the global website says its coming, as for some countries it will be, 85% of sales are abroad.

Click image to enlarge

Post #155500 23rd Sep 2012 2:23 pm
Andy S

United Kingdom 

Oh well, that's money staying in locked in some averagely performing investment fund rather than being pumped into the economy! The current car (SD4 HSE with posh leather) is 18 months old and I'd only change it if there was a petrol alternative. Based on what I've seen, my current car is about on par with the new HSE (windsor leather etc). All I'd get would be a reversing camera, slicker infotainment screen and xenon lights. Not worth the effort for me.

Post #155502 23rd Sep 2012 2:32 pm
trawlerman66

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Mauritius Blue

Quote:
The current car (SD4 HSE with posh leather) is 18 months old and I'd only change it if there was a petrol alternative. Based on what I've seen, my current car is about on par with the new HSE (windsor leather etc). All I'd get would be a reversing camera, slicker infotainment screen and xenon lights. Not worth the effort for me.

Andy S is right.

I also have an 18 month old HSE (TD4 though and only 10,000 miles) and was originaly thinking of the MY13 but could only afford the XS. I am now looking at the RR Evoque as it is the same money as XS but you feel as if you are getting more. MY13- TD4 XS Mauritius Blue, Privacy glass, Cold climate pack, Tailgate spoiler, Armrest pack, LED signature, Body side mouldings, Full size spare and finally Mudflaps

GONE - MY11 TD4 HSE LAGO GREY Privacy Glass

GONE- 08 GS Stornoway Grey Privacy Glass
GONE- 07 GS Stornoway Grey Privacy Glass
GONE- 04 Silver

Post #155507 23rd Sep 2012 4:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Andy S

United Kingdom 

Interesting Trawlerman. I had a deposit down on an Evoque when it was still called LRX. Then I saw it in the flesh at a launch event - Have a canape and glass of fizz Mr S and look at this. I looked but didn't like. Spoke to the dealer who happily sold me a SD4 HSE with posh kit on it. A much more usefui car.

Post #155511 23rd Sep 2012 5:23 pm
richardk

Similar position here...anytime between now and this time next year we'll be looking to replace the current FL2. I don't want a diesel particulate filter as it is not really compatible with the journeys we do. An Si4 would be great for us and having driven and Si4 Evoque recently I know it would be fabulous to drive

LR must have their reasons I guess but I think they are incorrectly assuming there is no market for the FL2 SI4 in UK - wrong!

Post #155514 23rd Sep 2012 5:40 pm
Bopper

2013MY brochure is in the showrooms

Post #155878 28th Sep 2012 3:44 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

Bopper wrote:
2013MY brochure is in the showrooms

I'll be picking one of those up then Very Happy

I like the bit in Taztastic's post, above, where the screen grab says that the new FL2 has a "more purposeful look". What the heck does that mean?

On the grounds that it's a bit more Chintzy than it was before (and that it's a Land Rover), I'd say that it probably looks a bit less "purposeful". Rolling Eyes

Perhaps the word they were looking for instead or "purposeful" was "Audi"? Laughing

Post #155911 29th Sep 2012 8:51 am
Bopper

Yes I must say I had to read that bit twice

Post #155912 29th Sep 2012 9:00 am
Tigger

United Kingdom 

Bopper wrote:
James @ Lookers Park Royal wrote:
Bopper - If it was LPR then could you let me know. I was on holiday from 1st to 14th Aug at which time a colleague was checking my emails. It sounds like we are perhaps too late, however we would love to help if you are still looking to order something.

Regards,

James Thumbs Up

Thanks for the reply. It was on the 8th Aug that I last emailed.
Living in West Cornwall and being less than happy with my closest dealership I don't have a lot of choice locally however have since ordered from Roger Young at Saltash. Sorry we couldn't do business this time

Good choice there Bopper; Roger Young have certainly been pretty good to me Thumbs Up

Post #155913 29th Sep 2012 9:08 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 9 of 16 <123 ... 8910 ... 141516>