Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Intermittent Starting Problem
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
bomeo

Romania 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Galway Green

Problem partially solved. This is a quick fix when you are stuck in the middle of nowhere. If your engine don't crank and there is no CLONk from the starter chances are that 12 V does not reach solenoid. Locate relay that give 12 V to solenoid pull him out and replace it with the one near by which is for glow plugs. Try to start again. If it does not crank this means that the starter relay is good but ECM does not give him the command to close, for some reason. Take the starter relay, take out the plastic cover, gently or not , put the relay in the socket, put the FOB , press start button than go and manually press the starter relay plate with something from plastic, wood, not metal. The solenoid should engage and motor starts. From now on, you can drive home, don t forget to depress start stop as you might be forced to repeat the procedure in the middle of an intersection. Smile. Next day you cand go and read the codes with your car running not on a tow platform. Smile This method can be used to teste the engine starter without removing from the car, without desmantling anything, on the fied, in the woods or on the side street Smile

Post #406053 1st Apr 2021 4:56 pm
bomeo

Romania 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Galway Green

Today I went for a longer trip. Started with the method describe in my last post. I call it "manual cranking Smile. Cruise control is working, so, the TOPSWITCH is working. When I depress the clutch to shift gears I don't have a surge in engine rev so I belive the BOTTOM SWITCH on clutch pedal is OK. This is bad news for me. Must go to tester.

Post #406082 2nd Apr 2021 12:36 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234