« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Stratstone
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Print this entire topic · 
MANUFAN

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Sumatra Black
Stratstone

Said I would let the forum know how I got on with my new car.
As predicted the car is not ready for delivery despite it being ordered in AUGUST! Today’s excuse is that the computers are down and they cannot process the paperwork. Have bought a Jag from Stratstone Manchester, service crap, a Mercedes from Stratstone Central Manchester, service crap. Stuck with buying a LR from Stratstone Bury……………… you guessed it. Expecting a call tomorrow but seriously thinking of telling them where to stick it. Buying a car should be an enjoyable experience not one where you feel like saying “just give me the keys and let me go home” This is a major purchase, especially in a recession and you are treated with indifference.

Post #123758 15th Dec 2011 10:29 pm
GJH0702

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Sumatra Black

Go to Hillindale in Nelson- I was delighted with service I got from Caroline when i bought a Freelander in October, nothing was too much trouble, car was A1 on delivery 2011 XS,Sumatra Black, GONE MARCH 2014- RR Evoque Prestige 5 door ,MY 2014,Loire Blue, Silver Roof, Panoramic roof.
MY 2016 Disco Sport HSE Auto Scotia Grey,REJECTED
Mercedes E220D AMG line with air suspension(Gone)
DS 200 SE Dynamic my 21 (Gone)
DS 200 SE Dynamic my 22 (Gone)
Audi Q5 40TDI S line

Post #123759 15th Dec 2011 10:34 pm
ad210358

England 

Sadly a tale that is often told on here, LR's biggest dealer they badly let the brand down, the one near me is no better Sad

Post #123760 15th Dec 2011 10:36 pm
MANUFAN

Nice to hear a positive feedback on a dealer. I’m not a professional moaner and normally only write to suppliers to thank them for a job well done but I am really hacked off about this service. Crying or Very sad

Post #123763 15th Dec 2011 10:43 pm
MANUFAN

Hi AD,

Just added up that I have spent a total of £105,000 with Stratstone on cars. Time for the men in the white suits to take me away!

Post #123766 15th Dec 2011 10:48 pm
ad210358

England 

It doesn't seem to matter to them how much history or how much your spend, they really don't seem to give a Censored it seems to be the sales side that is worse, service side is better, well round here Thumbs Up

Post #123770 15th Dec 2011 11:06 pm
bigalf1961

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Lago Grey

hi b4 you slag a dealer off this may help you i had to wait 3 mths for my freelander from stratstones bury i dont know who you are dealing with but the sales guy called chris was the one that i delt with i was kepted informed of my purchess from day one up the day it arrived i was informed did i want to come accross and look at it prior to me taking del,there after sales is very good, i have had one ongoing fault with my car wich has now been resolved after 8 mts what i have learnt over the years is be polite and straight to the point it may be the delay is out of the dealership control you have only had one problem with one dept i surgest you speek to there dp gary nixon see if he can sort things out by the way the wait is worth it in my books stratstones bury is one of the top dealerships for me Thumbs Up rainy-city
xs

Post #123788 16th Dec 2011 8:36 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
gilfishman

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

u mean PRATSTONE Rolling with laughter ive bought 3 new fl2s in 5 years now,and got a stratstone landrover 10 and 18 miles from me,on 3 times ive 1st gone to them,see what deal ect ect,but felt i could given them my cash/trust them,they dont return calls,get arsey if u know more than them about the spec/tec info on the fl2.so ive traveled twice to likes landrover in mid wales and got my latest one from taunton landrover down the west.i did have a service with stratstone newport in nov 2010 and that was ok as they matched a price to a local indie lr garage. Current: Freelander 2 GS, Orkney Grey, Factory fit privacy glass, design pack and Clearview pack. Almond Leather ,rear spoiler,rear mudflaps.my13.

Gone:Freelander 2, GS, "61"

Gone: Freelander 2, GS.e, "59"

Gone: Freelander 2, S, "08"

Post #123790 16th Dec 2011 9:01 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dunroof

Accept in these days you don't get service with a smile anymore, it's 2011 not the 1950's mores the pity.

Post #123794 16th Dec 2011 9:25 am
bigalf1961

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Lago Grey

gilfishman you cant compare two differant dealerships sounds as if you would still use them if you could get a good deal on a vehicle old saying my friend people in glasshouses should not through stones Mr. Green Mr. Green rainy-city
xs

Post #123795 16th Dec 2011 9:31 am
hinchy

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Aintree Green

If it was me waiting for delivery,a week or 2 late may be fine but weeks on end and having to ring up as well I'll think I would tell them to stick the car up thire Censored and move on. If more of us did this may be delivery times may come down.

Post #123797 16th Dec 2011 9:43 am
jp

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

MANUFAN

Quote:
Have bought a Jag from Stratstone Manchester, service crap, a Mercedes from Stratstone Central Manchester, service crap. Stuck with buying a LR from Stratstone Bury……………… you guessed it.

After the past 4 cars you have bought from Stratstone you just have not worked it out !!!

Stop using Stratstone's (Crapstone's) Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Don't give them your business, its a lot less stressful

Hope you get it sorted in the end Thumbs Up

Post #123807 16th Dec 2011 12:12 pm
oldgeezer

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

I must admit that buying cars in general for me has always been a bad experience and as has already been mentioned it should be a pleasant experience. There are some dealers where the sales guys are so far up them selves they need a good slap.
My worst has been a Jag Dealer, Audi & BMW. Audi i would never touch again due to being so up themselves, BMW seem to think that you have to belong to a certain type of club before you can buy ! & Jaguar, well when my accountant told me what I could spend on a car I went to Order a particular model Jaguar , but turning up in Jeans and T-shirt didn't do it for them ! when I left they even whispered in my ear that the brochures cost £2.50 each !!!!!! so went to another dealer the same day & ordered and collected on the Thursday as they had the right spec car in stock ! I didn't even want finance.
I have bought 7 Caravans from the same dealer in the last 11 years and they treat me with great respect ! bend over backwards to please, ring me with weekly progress on build progress & make the collection day an absolute joy ! hence I always go back. Car dealers need to wake up, If I had good service I would always buy the same car, but keep swapping till i find the right support ! ( think I made a big mistake with L/R LOL )

Post #123834 16th Dec 2011 3:27 pm
MANUFAN

You are so right. The so called “prestige” dealerships seem to be the worst for service. I didn’t want to bore the forum with all the details but it hasn’t been the length of time I have had to wait but the poor communications. I have sent them some paperwork this morning that they hadn’t bothered to tell me they needed until last night. Got a reply that said “thanks” and that was it, no “we should have your car ready for…….” This car has been at the dealership since November Evil or Very Mad

Post #123835 16th Dec 2011 3:45 pm
oldgeezer

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

"This car has been at the dealership since November " if Thats the case that is really bad service.

I am always called the day my caravan arrives at the dealer, asked if I wish to inspect and normally within 3 days its ready for collection depending on how many extra's I have ordered

Your spot on, communication is slack with dealers & to be honest coming fast to the conclusion they don't deserve the business. Personally for me my worst experience ever in over 35 years of motoring has been land-rover & the best recently has been our Local Citreon dealer where we bought two cars for my daughters ! both brand-new & the dealer ship have been exceptional ! fantastic experience. May be I should of bought a Citroen cross-dresser or whatever its called but it is so ugly I would be pushed to live with it.
When yours arrives it will put a smile on your face & sadly when they work they do drive nice.
My inclination would be to put your flag in the sand now and start to get your dealer to sit up! have you contacted the MD ? with a list of all dates and lack of contacts and info etc etc. Worked well for me once when we bought a Ford.

Post #123836 16th Dec 2011 3:55 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>