Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Stratstone
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
MANUFAN

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

Yes I never shy away from confrontation and have copied him with my comments to the forum. He has asked for some details of the complaint and when I get a few hours I will send them. I am expecting a frosty reception when I eventually go for the car but I am quite looking forward to the experience. I have just sent them an email and asked for an update just to keep the pressure on.

Post #123838 16th Dec 2011 4:05 pm
EYorkshire

I'm just recuperating from recurring nightmares that involve Stratstones and now after reading this, the memories of Stratstone Hull have returned to haunt me, just when I was weaning myself off the tablets. Sad

Stratstones are a threat to the mental health of any human that has had the misfortune of dealing with them.

Dealing with Duckworth of Market Rasin was like learning about sex all over again, a pleasurable experience Thumbs Up

Post #123841 16th Dec 2011 4:36 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

EYorkshire wrote:

Dealing with Duckworth of Market Rasin was like learning about sex all over again, a pleasurable experience Thumbs Up

and not on your own this time Whistle At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #123843 16th Dec 2011 5:15 pm
duckworthparts
Site Sponsor

well that is probably the strangest and best feedback i've heard about us Laughing Thumbs Up Sophie Alltoft

Send a paypal payment direct using this link www.paypal.me/duckworthparts

www.duckworthparts.co.uk
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/duckworthparts/
My Direct Line: 01673 849873
Email: sophie.alltoft@duckworth.co.uk
Supplier of Genuine Land Rover & Jaguar Parts For All Models

Can also supply OEM & Aftermarket parts

Post #123846 16th Dec 2011 5:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
chugga90

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

Any of the stratstone dealers in this area I have been in look at you as if it is something nasty on the bottom of their shoes! Just becasue you work for a living and go in with a view to buy a new commercial type LR, they think they are better than you.
My best experience of a dealer thus far is Caffyns in Lewes, excellent service from both the sales team and the service team.
Just need to save up now for another LR, but will continue to enjoy the i6 to be going on with.

Post #123848 16th Dec 2011 6:07 pm
oldgeezer

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

It would appear that the mentioned dealerships doesn't have a good reputation ! well mostly caused by poor management ! Management should be the ones to set the trend and to ensure performance is maintained, when companies have bad management it does reflect all the way down the chain.
Shame on the senior management !
just think what they could sell if their service was 2nd to none ! makes you wonder eh Whistle

Post #123852 16th Dec 2011 6:28 pm
hutchingsp

Unfortunately you've demonstrated quite nicely why some dealers continue to get away with it.

If they treat you badly and you go back twice, what message does that send them?

I've been in a few dealerships and have had bad service and I simply don't go back.

At some point, probably when the last one out is turning off the lights and handing the keys to the receivers, they will learn.

Post #123854 16th Dec 2011 7:09 pm
MANUFAN

Just had a blazing row with Crapstone on the telephone. The paperwork has not come through so the car is not ready for collection today or Saturday. Eventually told them to stick the car where the sun don’t shine and slammed down the phone. Going out tonight to get bladdered and wait for the repercussions on Monday. Censored

Post #123855 16th Dec 2011 7:09 pm
ad210358

England 

duckworthparts wrote:
well that is probably the strangest and best feedback i've heard about us Laughing Thumbs Up

I bet you don't use it on your "What our customers say about us" Laughing

Post #123864 16th Dec 2011 8:07 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I think they should Thumbs Up

Post #123870 16th Dec 2011 8:16 pm
bigalf1961

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Lago Grey

stratstone bury 10/10 for me Thumbs Up allways keep me informed i have learned over the years if you shout and bang the table it gets you noware Big Cry be polite and tactfull allways gets you further and if you are dissapointed ask for some compo Bow down Bow down it may get you somthing extra foc if it dosent then coplain higher up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up if you get the gararge on side its a lot better for both parties involved rainy-city
xs

Post #123871 16th Dec 2011 8:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MANUFAN

I think I have been polite and tactful but after 4 months I think they need to know how I feel. I work for a second tier automotive supplier (including LR) and if we treated our customers the way I have been treated we would be out of business

Post #123878 16th Dec 2011 8:32 pm
bigalf1961

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Lago Grey

i also work in the motortrade on the retail side and we go through regular training sessions about ranting customers and beleive me you will get a better responce from a straight to the point view (not beenig confrotational) and as i said if you are not happy with the responce, stratstone are owned by pendragon group you can get the phone no of head office from the internet they are at loxley house notts if you go this route i will gaurentee that you will have you motor sooner than you think or speek to the dp gary nixon at the branch i told him that if the fault was not sorted on my car within a time scale i would return it and i also put it in writing it was sorted within 28 days and tey could not bend over backwards to help me the main thing was that i was not nasty with them i was polite and straight to the point rainy-city
xs

Post #123936 17th Dec 2011 5:50 am
Lookers Park Royal

MANUFAN wrote:
I think I have if we treated our customers the way I have been treated we would be out of business

I'm not sure how/if we can help, but if we can then please let me know.

James Thumbs Up

Post #123955 17th Dec 2011 12:55 pm
MANUFAN

Hi Bigalf,
Thank you for your sound advice. I have also done management training in dealing with confrontation. Being angry is not the way to resolve an issue, but on Friday I was not looking to resolve this sorry saga but was terminating this long process of trying to buy a car and decided to vent my frustrations on the guilty parties. I’m sure I could have asked for some sort of compensation but that would make me look like somebody who was out to get a better deal, which is not the case. I intend to sit down tomorrow after MANU beat QPR! and set out the details to the dealership principle. I have met Gary Nickson when I was parting with my £500 deposit and he seems okay, so it will be interesting to see how he deals with this issue. At the moment I can’t see a way back so I will have to prepare myself for the next chapter of getting my deposit back. It’ enough to make you buy a Toyota Prius!!!

Post #123974 17th Dec 2011 1:55 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>