Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Evoque pricing announced
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
noodle42

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Bali Blue

Just for fun, I had a quick play with the "build your own" section too. Although the base price of ~£28K looks enticing, it's easy to add another 5 - 6K of options! Maybe I just didn't look hard enough, but I couldn't find any mention of a Winter option pack (heated windscreen & heated washer jets), for example, and this seems to be quite a hole in the specification. Considering that the list price is about £28K for a Freelander 2 XS (er, like mine!) which has a lot of useful goodies (including the Winter pack) then I would struggle to cough up for an Evoque. To be honest, if I wanted to part with Evoque kind of money I'd be looking at a Disco 4... Mind you, the emissions on the Disco could be better... Big Cry

Post #97961 6th Apr 2011 10:40 am
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Noodle, you have found another shortcoming of the Evoque build your own bit of the LR website - heated seats are standard on all cars (there is no cloth option of seat finish so it makes sense to fit heated seats), heated front screen is standard on all models and heated headlight washer jets are an option on the cars with Halogen lights (they are a requirement for Xenon headlights anyway) - so a winter pack isn't really necessary. There is no option for a remote control fuel burning heater (aka Park Heat) - there is something called a Positive Coefficient Electric heater instead, whatever one of them is! How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #97963 6th Apr 2011 10:57 am
noodle42

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Bali Blue

Fair enough - it'd be nice if the standard features got a mention! Wink

Post #97965 6th Apr 2011 11:03 am
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

I will post the e-brochure of specs and prices shortly - BTW I have just checked heated front screen and washer jets are part of the Tech pack only available for Pure versions - so my apologies a heated screen isn't standard across the range How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover

Post #97966 6th Apr 2011 11:16 am
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Here is the e-priclist and spec sheet I received from Land Rover on Monday. https://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/albums/u...1-4-11.pdf
Sorry it's in RRSport as I couldn't get it to upload to here How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?

Post #97971 6th Apr 2011 12:44 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

I was one phone call away from buying an Fl2 . what happens next, odd that the 5 dr is cheaper but suits me obviously has less toys. 5 dr = school run = women who mostly couldnt care less about in car gadgets.

Give them heated screen, bum warmers and air con and they are happy, oh and a little place to put their lippy and a big boot to hold all manner of stuff that shouldn't be in a car. At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #97972 6th Apr 2011 12:48 pm
ad210358

England 

All these comments and no one has mentioned Victoria Beckham at the official launch, sort of takes the gloss off it a bit. Thud

Post #97974 6th Apr 2011 12:56 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Official launch is in May................. when dealers get demo cars and when JLR has saved up enough to pay for another trip to the UK for VB.

Will be a difficult choice for CG with 3 blacks available on the colour choice - Santorini, Barolo or Havana................ but if you pick the right version CG, LR has heard you and some of them cannot have a tow hitch fitted I have heard.....

Another What Car? review of it is here too http://www.whatcar.com/car-reviews/land-ro...ew/25963-3

Ummm this isn't so flattering about any Land Rover though

Quote:
Quality & Reliability 3 out of 5 stars
While we have no quibbles with the fit and finish of the Evoque, it would be remiss of us not to point out that reliability is not always synonymous with Land Rover. Fortunately, the Evoque will be built at Halewood, alongside the Freelander, which seems to produce more trouble-free cars than the Solihull factory where other Range Rovers are made.
 How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on 6th Apr 2011 1:28 pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #97975 6th Apr 2011 1:17 pm
mini-eggs

Wales 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Bali Blue

Just been playing with the build
Being realistic, my build was £33k, at that price i'd rather have a top spec freelander with all the toys and have that bit extra room, ground clearance etc.

My dream build got up to £48k but at that price I'd rather have a disco or RRS

Did read an article somewhere that the evouke is just as good as the freelander off road even with less ground clearance. wonder if LRE will have them ??

Post #97976 6th Apr 2011 1:23 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Evoque has greater ground clearance than Freelander2 (all of 12mm more, it has better approach and departure angles too!), you won't get a new RRS for £48k ........... without a huge discount on an S model. Yes LRE's are already getting them - 50 of them left Halewood destined to LRE's and Dealers yesterday apparrently How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?

Post #97977 6th Apr 2011 1:25 pm
commando

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

It's about 6 inches lower than a Freelander I wonder if the seat height is lower too.If the seat height is lower by about 6 inches might as well buy a 4x4 estate. Stornaway grey SE auto with 18" alloys

Post #97981 6th Apr 2011 2:22 pm
mini-eggs

Wales 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Bali Blue

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Yes LRE's are already getting them - 50 of them left Halewood destined to LRE's and Dealers yesterday apparrently

Eastnor here I come Smile

Post #97985 6th Apr 2011 2:56 pm
realspeed

United Kingdom 

Who on earth made the absolutely terrrible design for a car? Looks as if someone was drunk and the pen slipped when doing the roof with that slope. Must be an all time disaster in car shapes, I can't see anyone wanting to buy one on the second hand market in the future.

realspeed

Post #98043 7th Apr 2011 7:08 am
ad210358

England 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Yes LRE's are already getting them - 50 of them left Halewood destined to LRE's and Dealers yesterday apparrently

I saw two transporters of them this morning heading South on the M40 near Warwick, also saw a very nice Freely on the M6 in Firenze Red, looked very nice.

Post #98098 7th Apr 2011 7:51 pm
dunroof

Sorry, it's a Censored car, end of.

Post #98104 7th Apr 2011 8:22 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>