« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Limp Mode
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Narvik

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Narvik Black
Limp Mode

My FL2 hasn't even got 1000 miles on as yet, this morning during acceleration engine management warning came on and the car went into limp mode while in the fast lane with a car behind me! Shocked

Anyway, I pulled off the road switched off the engine and then on again all clear and car drove fine - Very Strange. Can't think why this would happen - Any idea's

As it happens the car is booked in to the stealers on Monday for four days for other issues (Cracked door trim, containments on paint and window surround, and another software update), so will mention it them Mad

Post #9753 9th Nov 2007 11:22 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Have heard others have had simular limp mode problems.

I had a simular thing in my Vauxhall Vetra Sri, fast lane on a busy motorway and the engines revs bliped up and down then the engine turn off.

£200 of sensors later things were fix for another year when it happened again.

The loss of power at that speed it not something i would want to happen again, but as the garages said "its better than a piston going through the bonnet and a whole lot cheaper."

Post #9754 9th Nov 2007 11:30 am
Goldstone69

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tonga Green
Re: Limp Mode

Narvik wrote:
My FL2 hasn't even got 1000 miles on as yet, this morning during acceleration engine management warning came on and the car went into limp mode while in the fast lane with a car behind me! Shocked

Anyway, I pulled off the road switched off the engine and then on again all clear and car drove fine - Very Strange. Can't think why this would happen - Any idea's

Probably because LR quality control/pre launch testing is Censored sorry not very helpful but factually correct Banging Head

Post #9755 9th Nov 2007 11:34 am
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Don't worry about this, you guys are not alone RRSport's, Disco3's, FFRR's and Defender2's all seem to suffer from
the same problem. Usually the cure is no more than a software reload/ upgrade or a replacement sensor and the inconvenience of loosing your car for a day or so. Even so there are a lot of angry owners out there who have had similar shut-downs in the fast lane. It's bad enough happening with an F2, but it shouldn't happen ever in a £72k car like a FFRR but it does.
Makes me wonder what insurers would say if you caused a major pile-up because of a software glitch. How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #9757 9th Nov 2007 2:14 pm
Goldstone69

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tonga Green

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Don't worry about this, you guys are not alone RRSport's, Disco3's, FFRR's and Defender2's all seem to suffer from
the same problem. Makes me wonder what insurers would say if you caused a major pile-up because of a software glitch.

I`m sure a responsible and caring company like LR are working night and day to solve the problem Rolling Eyes aswell as Insurance companies and Ambulance chasing Lawyers taking an interest there is New Corporate manslaughter legislation which came into effect in July this year ....... Whistle

Post #9759 9th Nov 2007 3:57 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1