Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > My first 1500 miles
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
zoey

United States 

Albeit late, here's a photo of the rusty exhaust. The muffler is also rusting, and with only 2000mi on the odometer.

Click image to enlarge

Post #95634 18th Mar 2011 4:16 pm
Boxer

Wales 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

Got to say tht does look like rust. Big Cry Don't put petrol in a diesel. They don't run well.

Post #95636 18th Mar 2011 4:33 pm
zoey

United States 

The exhaust might be stainless steel, but there are high and low grades. The LR2 is of the latter.

Post #95643 18th Mar 2011 5:38 pm
SD4Cat

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

Ralphk wrote:
Whenyou connect an MP3 player of whatever ilk and set the head unit on the Radio to Audio input the menu on the redio has a range of settings , including volume, for the audio input receiver. I turned mine to ful volume which then does not restrict the input from the player but allows me to increase or decrease the sound from the steering wheel of radio knob control.

Hey Ralphk
any chance of going into this in a little more detail? as you seem to know what you're talking about....I did look in the audio pages of car manual but it only tells me how to connect an MP3 via jack sockets & select audio input on car radio

When I connect my creative zen MP3 to the audiojack socket I have to hike the volume to max on the MP3 and very high on the car stereo. Even then its just not loud enough before it distorts badly.

The car's CD and radio volumes work fine in their respective formats and are lovely clear & loud, so my car speakers are fine....

I had the same problem in my mercedes.

How do you get to the menu on the car to show settings for adjusting volume for audio input from the player? I have standard stero in SD4 with single slot cding

Any advice gratefully received! What do I know....I'm only an Essex girl

Post #96224 23rd Mar 2011 6:19 pm
Ralphk

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Zermatt Silver

I am so sorry for not responding earlier but I have been away for a few days. I will respond to you tomorrow with exactly what you have to do to overcome your problem.
Again so sorry but I will help you! Big Cry Big Cry Ralph
Zurmatt Silver, Diesel, Automatic, side steps, mud flaps, mats, boot liner, TomTom Start 60 installed, rubbing strips, removable Brink tow bar, after market tinted glass, front styling bar, Rear spoiler, Motorlicious tail pipe trim. Wood Company centre armrest

Post #96643 27th Mar 2011 5:39 pm
SD4Cat

That would be great, thank you! Smile What do I know....I'm only an Essex girl

Post #96822 28th Mar 2011 9:28 pm
Ralphk

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Zermatt Silver

SD4cat here we go at last.

1. Connect phone to the aux socket on the centre console and switch radio on (ignition must be "on")
2. Switch radio to "AUX" and radio screen will show "Audio Input"
3. Press "Menu" on right of radio and "Aux settings" will show on radio screen
4. Select "Aux settings" with right hand radio knob. "Aux Input volume" will show on radio screen
5. Select "Aux Input volume" with right hand knob and then using Left hand radio knob turn up the slider on screen to MAX.

That should cure your problem and I apologise for it being a bit "Janet and John" but it makes it less likely to go wrong. Ralph
Zurmatt Silver, Diesel, Automatic, side steps, mud flaps, mats, boot liner, TomTom Start 60 installed, rubbing strips, removable Brink tow bar, after market tinted glass, front styling bar, Rear spoiler, Motorlicious tail pipe trim. Wood Company centre armrest

Post #96865 29th Mar 2011 7:21 am
SD4Cat

Bow down Very Happy Thumbs Up
Ralphk you are a complete star - thank you so much - it's all working really well now.
Janet & John guide was perfect for me.

Now I can enforce my music tastes on everyone - it all sounds great
Thank you again! What do I know....I'm only an Essex girl

Post #96904 29th Mar 2011 2:18 pm
zoey

United States 

Haven't done it yet, but if it works, this tip should be a sticky post! Thumbs Up

Post #96990 30th Mar 2011 3:29 am
zoey

United States 

I gave it a check tonight and the input volume is already at the maximum. I'm using an iPod Touch, and still get blasted out of the vehicle when I change over to the radio without lowering the volume first. Big Cry

A few more niggles to add to my list:

It warmed up enough around here to open the moon roof. It's incredibly loud at highway speed. Seems like the wind deflector is the main culprit.

Is it just me or do British vehicles come from the factory with rattly interior parts? Every day I hear a new one in a new location. One day they will be in one location, and the next in a new place. My Lotus is the most rattly car I've ever had. There are so many rattles that most, if not all owners just learn to live with them. I had a Triumph Spitfire, which had it's own special noises everywhere.

Despite using high-octane fuel, whilst in a lower gear and going up a slight incline, I hear engine knocking. I confirmed this by putting the auto transmission into manual mode and dropping down to a low gear while accelerating. The knocking was much more pronounced.

The interior heating system seems to have a mind of it's own. I'll have it at 72F, and it will suddenly start blowing cold air. I turn the heat up to the maximum setting, and the heat comes back on. I turn it back to 72F and the heat works again.

Post #97111 31st Mar 2011 3:41 am
Tigger

United Kingdom 
Re: My first 1500 miles

zoey wrote:

~I wish it had a key-less system for the door locks and ignition. My wife's Lexus has this. As long as she has the key fob on her person, she does not need to physically touch it to open the doors or start the vehicle....

~Swapping fobs every so often to keep them charged is somewhat annoying....

~I love that I can simply "bump" the turn signal stalk, and it will automatically start flashing. I just wish it would do so for more than 3 flashes. Who changes lanes in the time span of only 3 flashes?....

I was interested to see the above points, I think they must prove it's impossible to keep everyone happy, because:

1. With the keyless system on my Ford I have to remember where on earth I've left the key every time I leave the car! What makes it much worse is that my wife carries her key for the car with her too, so it's possible for me to leave my car keys behind when I leave somewhere (her keys will unwittingly start the car) and only find out they're missing when I get out at the other end of the journey! Censored You can tell that I have a problem with car keys, can't you?!

2. I would find swapping keys occasionally a lot less hassle than changing batteries.

3. I absolutely hate automated indicators of any kind!!! I've done 98,000 miles in my V70 (over the last 45 months), it has this automated lane change facility and I still curse it! Censored

Funny old world, isn't it?! Rolling Eyes

Tigger.

Post #97114 31st Mar 2011 7:26 am
Tigger

United Kingdom 

zoey wrote:

Is it just me or do British vehicles come from the factory with rattly interior parts?

No, it's not just you, they really do! Sometimes we put rattles and squeaks into our own cars by accident, but mostly we put them into cars specifically marked "For Export". Not only do we manage to banish them to the colonies, but we actually manage to earn foreign currency in exchange for them too! Mr. Green Laughing

Post #97115 31st Mar 2011 7:35 am
zoey

United States 

I love Brit humor! Laughing Seems as if the rattle is the ultimate practical joke on us Yanks

Post #97219 31st Mar 2011 9:55 pm
EYorkshire

We are only getting our own back zoey, you weren't happy under our rule and kicked us out.
Why, I don't know Confused

Post #97242 1st Apr 2011 6:59 am
waaxh03

Wales 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

[quote="EYorkshire"]All valid points I'm sure but I think this one is not rust as it's made from Stainless Steel

How do you know it is made from Stainless Steel EYorkshire?

waaxh03

Post #97255 1st Apr 2011 9:31 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>