« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > traction reduced warning
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
robbie37

Ireland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Narvik Black
traction reduced warning

has anyone come across this on there display box i was driving my FL2 about two weeks ago when there was a wobble in the steering and up on the screen pop a message "Transmission fault traction reduced" so i rang my dealer and they said stop and start again and it will be "FINE" so i did and what do think happened........................................................................................................it happened again and again and yes again and has'nt stopped since Question

Post #9685 8th Nov 2007 9:45 am
    View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
    npinks

United Kingdom 

I have had the message prior to some software updates, but not whilst driving.

I'ed head to the dealer Exclamation

Post #9687 8th Nov 2007 10:30 am
    insider

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

This is caused by a faulty sensor in the rear diff ( haldex unit ) in most cases on early cars you need to ask the dealer to change the sensor and update the software . If not get bthe dealer to read the fault code

Post #9698 8th Nov 2007 1:10 pm
    rmbillington

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Isn't it nice to have an "insider" on the forum. I do hope this helps Robbie.

Insider, I don't suppose you'd know what could stop the gradient release control working, but that wouldn't show as an error on the systems do you? I have a hard enough time with the dealer to know what it is, let alone knowing how to fix it.

Rich

Post #9715 8th Nov 2007 4:03 pm
    graemehunter

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Insider.......Nice !
    i've the car booked in for it's 1st service in a fortnight ( it's counting down daily too)
    it's the 1st chance i've had since feb' to get ALL of the faults looked at too ( been REALLY busy)
    but managed to keep the mileage down for a change as well by trying to work in Scotland as much as poss',
    i've been on the phone to Taggarts in Motherwell almost daily since the booking, as i keep remembering
    other niggles ! but they ( & I really rate their service dept' ) sounded surprised when i mention the traction reduction message.
    on the other hand i'll miss dismissing the warnings of "over" this & "loss" of that messages by shouting at the dashboard!
    but there's always c*ravans to vent my anger at.
    congrats though to regular posters for a brilliant & useful resource. Much appreciated.
    G

Post #9733 8th Nov 2007 10:04 pm
    wildrover

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Indus Silver

Sensor on haldex unit now replaced for the second time.
    1st replacement lasted from the summer until 2 weeks ago coming back from holiday. Phoned our local dealer when we got home who ordered a new sensor (just in case) after phoning and booked it in for a few days later. They installed an upgraded sensor so hopefully, this one lasts longer. Sensor is still the only fault we have had since 1st March. Thumbs Up Well done Land Rover and our local dealer. Out with the old (2007 SE)
    In with the new (2012 Dynamic with everything). Now also gone.

Post #12275 28th Dec 2007 11:49 pm
    chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Im getting serious forum mania now, in my 6 mths wait for an audi TT I read on their forum about headgasket,seat cushion and steering rack problems, Now im waiting for an fl2 and you guys are having problems too.
    I guess that most people only post on forums when things are going wrong and I reckon I have chosen a good dealer so lets see how my luck turns out when my fl2 arrives!

Post #12280 29th Dec 2007 2:49 am
    npinks

United Kingdom 

chicken george wrote:
    Im getting serious forum mania now, in my 6 mths wait for an audi TT I read on their forum about headgasket,seat cushion and steering rack problems, Now im waiting for an fl2 and you guys are having problems too.
    I guess that most people only post on forums when things are going wrong and I reckon I have chosen a good dealer so lets see how my luck turns out when my fl2 arrives!

I wouldn't worry CG, its been said many times before that people come looking for the forums because they have had a problem Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #12285 29th Dec 2007 10:29 am
    Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

CG - at least you are forewarned about things that might not even happen on your car because it should have all the upgraded bits fitted on the line - but also you will not have to suffer the frustration of something happening and you not knowing what might have caused it and having to accept the dealer's techy guys saying to you "Well they are all like that" as so often happens - you will be able to turn round to them and say "well they may all be like that but here is the fix" or " Look at Technical Service Bulletin XXX/2007 and the fix is there" and throw a printout from these forums at them Thumbs Up . How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
    Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
    Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
    Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
    Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
    Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #12288 29th Dec 2007 11:24 am
    chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

and if that fails I will unleash mrs george on them, then they will know fear! Laughing

Post #12289 29th Dec 2007 11:56 am
    wildrover

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Indus Silver

chicken george wrote:

We have had ours since March and the haldex sensor has been our only problem. The car still works and each time the sensor failure warning came up, it disappeared when the ignition was switched off and back on again. Our local dealer has been brilliant. The upgraded sensors with the current production should be more reliable. It is truely a fantastic vehicle. Remember to request a proper alloy as the spare. The are much cheaper then than buying afterwards if you have a steel spare.
    Enjoy... Out with the old (2007 SE)
    In with the new (2012 Dynamic with everything). Now also gone.

Post #12319 29th Dec 2007 11:44 pm
    jerry1893

Have been plagued with "transmission fault traction reduced" warning - so after reading the details here, was confident that the dealer would resolve this at its first service. Dealer carried out two upgrades - Q007 Option B 41.27.89.29 00.20 and Q010 Option B 86.90.89.39 00.50.

After one week, warning has reappeared - although not as frequently (yet!).

Does anyone know what the two upgrades involved? - the service receptionist was vague! I would like to be informed before I call the dealer back, and let them have the car again!

Apart from this - the car is brilliant!

Post #14113 10th Feb 2008 8:54 pm
    tangowagon

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black
    Traction reduced

I called LR assistance out on Wednesday 23rd April and they asked if my FL2 had all the latest updates (like I would know). He proceded to update my car but two days later the fault occured. Maybe I should cinsider swapping my car for a different make that may not be so sensitive!!!!

Post #18934 29th Apr 2008 11:08 pm
    ColoradoLR2

United States 2007 LR2 i6 SE Auto Narvik Black

We had a similar experience. Reduced Traction warning would come and go intermittently. Was due for oil service and asked Dealer to look into it. The warning (of course) didn't come on while they had the car but they updated the rear diff control module software anyway. Within a day it had returned. Took it back to dealer, only this time I took a picture of the warning with my cell phone and provided them a nice print of the photo to verify the issue Smile

This time they replaced the pressure sensor. I reset the odometer as I left the dealership and made it 3(!) miles before the warning returned (in their defense, they test drove it 15 miles with no warning light). Turned around and returned it to them. They ended up replacing the Haldex Pressure Pump. That took about a week as apparently the viscous fluid used in the diff is considered hazardous for shipment purposes and so couldn't be airfreighted. Going on 10 days now and no warning indicator yet...

All this time I rather enjoyed driving their LR3 loaner so I wasn't all that put out, other than it taking 3 tries to get it right. Greg East
    Loveland, Colorado
    USA
    '08 LR2 Hers
    '93 740i Mine
    '87 944 turbo Mistress

Post #19060 1st May 2008 3:51 am
    View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
    pjbnet

2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Orkney Grey

Hey guys - I had the same problem on my Freelander - after 4 goes at fixing the sensor they replaced the control unit. It has been fine since!

Best of luck

Post #19065 1st May 2008 11:54 am
    Post Reply  Back to top
    Page 1 of 2 12>