« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Steering Service Bulletin
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black
Steering Service Bulletin

Does anyone have to hand the latest Power Steering issue SB so I can see what the recommended course of action is???

Took mine in last week for a new rack, which the garage diagnosed, but only changed literally the rack and nothing else (i.e the reservoir) Now it was my understanding that the problems with the rack and pump were partly caused by the reservoir getting blocked up and starving the pump therefore causing premature wear...

Anyway a week on and I've now got allsorts of funny whistling / bubbling noises from the steering column and also a noticeable whine from the pump.

I took it in today to be checked and they have said they will order in a new reservoir.. only problem is they cannot get it in until mid April. My concern is that by then the pump will have probably gone also!

The thing that gets me is that when talking about bits that fail because of crap in the system, unless you get the crap out and / or replace all the bits, surely your gonna get it happening time and time again... For example if there is crap floating around in my new rack surely its only a matter of time before that goes again???

Hence I wanted to check see what LR SB says as I am sure that at the least they should have changed the rack and the res and backflushed the system.

My only other concern now is that do I have to wait for the pump to fail completely as the garage have said with carplan (ie Land Rover approved used warranty) they can only replace broken bits????

Arghhhh Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #96452 25th Mar 2011 12:17 pm
superspark

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

Hi yes there is a power steering bulletin. The one I have is No.LTB00272 November 24 2009.
Vin Range H000001-H150000
Basicaly there are two parts to this bulletin.
first, If there is internal knocking noise from the centre of the steering gear, cause weld splatter contamination in geer tube, change rack power steering resirvour after flushing system.

Second, If rack is ok flush system and fit new resirvour only
Hope this helps Thumbs Up

Post #96506 25th Mar 2011 9:09 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1