« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > For Sale & Wanted > Rear Bumper lower half in grey plastic
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Biscay

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Biscay Blue
Rear Bumper lower half in grey plastic

Hi, Picked up my freelander 2 and didnt notice till parked on slope that a hole has been cut out of the rear bumper for fitting a tow bar.

As I dont want to fit one I would like to replace it so if anyone has one for sale I would be interested.

Or if someone is thinking of fitting one then we could swop this lower section before you cut it and I could help you towards the cost of your towbar. This way everyone is happy.

Dealer forgot to mention this cutout even though they promised it had no issues and I paid deposit on it unseen on the understanding I could refuse it if there was a problem. Do you think I should complain.

Post #94537 8th Mar 2011 8:03 pm
ad210358

England 

I am surprised you noticed the cutout in the bumper unless you knelt down to actually look for it, it is normally a cut out on the bottom edge of the rear valance adout two inches square. Iv'e just traded one in and removed the towbar and unless you were actually looking for it you didn't really notice the cutout. I don't know if you can get the valance seperate from the bumper Question p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #94539 8th Mar 2011 8:20 pm
Biscay

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Biscay Blue

They have cut out the whole centre square of the valance and its made more noticable by the contrasting colour of the exhaust box. However, I didn't notice it till it was parked on the drive due to the slope.

I found the instructions for fitting the tow bar and the cut out is done as it is described.

Its just that now i've seen it i'm finding it very annoying.

Post #94544 8th Mar 2011 8:59 pm
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

Did you get it from an approved LR dealer? If so then I would almost certainly go back to them and explain that the car was not as described. At the very least get them to fix it, otherwise demand that they contribute toward the cost of a replacement bumper.

If it is a manual, I would also check to see if you get any clutch slippage in the higher gears, again if the car was used for towing then you may have grounds for them to rectify any problems Thumbs Up Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #94579 8th Mar 2011 10:42 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1