« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Events > North Yorks Spring Drive-Disco3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
npinks

United Kingdom 
North Yorks Spring Drive-Disco3

Not sure if it's open to FL2 drivers, but this idea of RonP's over on Disco3 sound like a good day out, might be worth asking if you want to join in,

it's got 38 people already, so by going to sister sites it might be too big event for logistics

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic60323.html?highlight=

ronp wrote:
As title says, just gauging interest for now.
Looking at planning a Spring [April] Scenic Culture Sunday Drive through the Western area of the North York Moors National Park [& Howardian Hills AONB].

The event will be planned with route maps provided in advance showing key points with literature for the duration.
This is NOT an off-road event but will take in the smaller roads, tracks & lanes of the area.
But some are marked 'Not Suitable for Motor Vehicles' and there will possibly be a section of a rocky BOAT that we will drive.
The day will take in many attractions [to name but a few]:- The White Horse of Kilburn, both Byland & Rievaulx Abbeys, Ampleforth College, the market town of Helmsley, the Daffodils of Farndale plus stunning drives and scenery throughout.
There will be plenty of tea & pee stops for swmbo's & kids with lunch being a 'bring/cook your own' high up on the moor.

I'm looking at organising this through the North York Moors National Park so there will be at least one Ranger [me] in tow to answer some of your many questions.
Cost for the day would be £15 per car, this will include donation to the NYMNP, my personal admin costs and a donation to this site.

You could make a weekend of this by staying in York on the Fr/Sat evenings, or alternately hire one of Si1's log cabins [with hot tub].

Click if interested [non committal]
 Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #88366 17th Jan 2011 10:04 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

you can see my house from that route , with powerful binoculars Laughing At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #88374 17th Jan 2011 12:56 pm
Boxer

Wales 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

Yea, but who would want to look at it, and the smell of that chicken poo, no thanks. Rolling with laughter Don't put petrol in a diesel. They don't run well.

Post #88394 17th Jan 2011 4:03 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1