Home > Off Topic > Red Alert!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
defkalion

Greece 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Red Alert!!

"British guy with wife missing...
Usually found around off-road areas watching dvd's inside his FL2.
FREEL2.COM poster on back window.
Number plates CF 04 CAF.
Towing Caravan is a possibility. Big Cry "

Avtur, npinks, GS69, Boiledgnat,... everybody any news from the emoticon humorous boy?

Post #8488 12th Oct 2007 10:13 pm
Goldstone69

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tonga Green

Rest easy defkalion have heard on the grapevine carl is working at pinewood studios on the latest Carry On movie "Carry on Offroading" lots of ooo er missus .....shut yer face etc Laughing

Although i could be wrong ...so he`s probably on holiday (not caravaning!) Wink

Post #8506 13th Oct 2007 7:13 pm
mack

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

Goldstone69 wrote:
Rest easy defkalion have heard on the grapevine carl is working at pinewood studios on the latest Carry On movie "Carry on Offroading" lots of ooo er missus .....shut yer face etc Laughing

Although i could be wrong ...so he`s probably on holiday (not caravaning!) Wink
B Censored cks, I bet he's headed to ozz to test their caravans Exclamation Rolling with laughter Mack

HSE TD4 Sumatra Black

Post #8509 13th Oct 2007 7:27 pm
Goldstone69

Quote:
B cks, I bet he's headed to ozz to test their caravans

Yeah right Rolling with laughter he`s on a Caribbean island G&T in his hand whispering sweet nothings in Mrs Fraz`s ear Laughing

Post #8510 13th Oct 2007 7:37 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

ooooOOOOOO!!! Matron!!! I'm feeling a bit stiff Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Hello Guys yep I'm back, do not panic Bow down Bow down Rolling with laughter all is well and too is Mrs Fraz. Surprise visit to Euro Disney for the kids. Decided to drive as could not tear myself away from the car. Yes more expensive than train, yes takes longer than train...but what a drive. Sat happily at 110mph on cruise down the clear French motorways wafting along perfect manners. Switched the headlights over before we left using that stupid switch inside the headlamp unit. Honestly which t Censored t designed that Question Question Evil or Very Mad Release two bolts, pull plastic lever to release lamp, but bend the lever forward because engine bay gets in the way, then unclip the plastic rod from the grips whilst sliding the headlamp forward without scratching bumper......then unclip plastic cover from back of headlamp unit which is still covered in Censored from Tong.......reach inside to flick a little metal lever with UK on it asumming it is already set to UK as it does not state if up or down is UK Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad .....then try to clip the plastic back on and then jiggle the headlamp back in without scratching bumper, try to get the plastic rod to re-engage and then clip it back into its holders hoping the bolt holes realign...aaahh! one done now for the drivers side....more fiddley as now 'kack' handed as its all arse about face and the drivers side has less spare flex for the headlamp so you cannot pull the unit out as far to get your hand in to release the plastic cover on the back........what a ball ache!!! Mad Mad surely holy sweet mother of Jesus (sorry to our religious friends) an extended lever would have been easier which could simply be flicked without all that work Question I felt like a gynacologist, fiddling around in compact area where I didn't really know what I should be pulling or flicking!!!! Talking of gynacology, I always wanted to be a gynacologist......but could never find an opening!!! BA BA DA BOOM TISH!!! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter sorry could not resist Very Happy Otherwise car was a dream again, now covered 3255 miles has not missed a beat, no glitches or any other problems just perfect Thumbs Up Did not see any other FL2's in France so obviously the Frenchees not that keen??

Post #8694 16th Oct 2007 11:32 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Welcome back

Think i will buy headlamp converters if it goes the other side of the tunnel

Hope you enjoyed the tea cups at disney

Post #8696 16th Oct 2007 11:44 pm
carlfraz

Do you know what npinks my ole friend...stayed in a hotel, you know brick built thing with a lift and reception....just travelled 7 hours in the car (which was a great excuse to be in it) got to the room at 23.00hrs...nice room in the 'Dream Castle Hotel' no friggin tea and coffee making facility or biscuits!!...so rang room service.....nope!!! shuts at 23.00hrs, so had a shower, unpacked then went down and waited in reception for our friends to come down to go to the bar.....barstard bar shut!!!!!!!!! Ended up with a bottle of coke and packet of sodding Haribos from the vending machine Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad HAD I TAKEN A CARAVAN ALL MY LUXURIES WOULD HAVE BEEN ON TAP!!!! The only good thing about the hotel was watching ENGERLAAAAND stuff the Frenchees at rugby whilst propping up the bar.... bad news was Frenchees got their revenge as my bar bill was over 300 euros Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed oops!!! Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Still had the journey home to look forward to Thumbs Up

Post #8697 16th Oct 2007 11:58 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

carlfraz wrote:
Do you know what npinks my ole friend...stayed in a hotel, you know brick built thing with a lift and reception....just travelled 7 hours in the car (which was a great excuse to be in it) got to the room at 23.00hrs...nice room in the 'Dream Castle Hotel' no friggin tea and coffee making facility or biscuits!!...so rang room service.....nope!!! shuts at 23.00hrs, so had a shower, unpacked then went down and waited in reception for our friends to come down to go to the bar.....barstard bar shut!!!!!!!!! Ended up with a bottle of coke and packet of sodding Haribos from the vending machine Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad HAD I TAKEN A CARAVAN ALL MY LUXURIES WOULD HAVE BEEN ON TAP!!!! The only good thing about the hotel was watching ENGERLAAAAND stuff the Frenchees at rugby whilst propping up the bar.... bad news was Frenchees got their revenge as my bar bill was over 300 euros Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed oops!!! Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Still had the journey home to look forward to Thumbs Up

Its the haribos that will make the holiday one to remember, bet the fuel bill will have been €300 driving at 110mph, you would have been away more than a week if you took the van too, (the only down side to the van, speed you can drive at safely)

When I get my young one his first passport, might have a trip down to Euro Disney, but his only 22 months so might have to wait awhile to get the full benefit

Post #8698 17th Oct 2007 12:38 am
Goldstone69

carlfraz wrote:

Carl I think you could have a good case for a refund ....if staying at an establishment called 'Dream Castle Hotel' you would picture 24 hour room service (buxom wenches) all night bar (tankards of ale) not too mention a heated moat for that invigorating midnight dip ....... a bottle of coke and a packet of s Censored ing Haribos simply won`t do !!. Have to point out that wafting down French motorways at 110mph is a little hard to do if your towing.......................... Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post #8702 17th Oct 2007 8:26 am
defkalion

Nice to see you back Carl,
You should put a few more miles on the clock and come and visit me down here. Very Happy I bet we would find many places open till really late at night! Although I'm not sure I can stay up that late at my age! Maybe we should arrange for a trip for all of you British Freelanderees!... Thumbs Up

Post #8717 17th Oct 2007 9:47 pm
NightFox

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

defkalion wrote:
Nice to see you back Carl,
You should put a few more miles on the clock and come and visit me down here. Very Happy I bet we would find many places open till really late at night! Although I'm not sure I can stay up that late at my age! Maybe we should arrange for a trip for all of you British Freelanderees!... Thumbs Up

We would need you to plan a route for us that ensured we were never more than 50 miles away from a LR dealer

Post #8720 17th Oct 2007 10:27 pm
carlfraz

Thanks for the welcome back everyone Laughing Laughing much appreciated. On a side note our friends had the RRS supercharged, hence the 110mph!!! At one point when we were due to pull off the slip road was closed and we went off at the next junction as we were fed into a town w pulled up at set of traffic lights with my friend indicating left in the left lane....my satnav however, was telling us to go right!!! I rang him and asked 'where the F Censored K you going??' and he said his sat nav was going left!!!??? We went left as we had no option by then but my destination then increased by four miles and the journey time lengthened. So, are we to assume the FL2 Satnav is more upto date than the RRS???

Post #8739 18th Oct 2007 2:24 pm
defkalion

NF my friend, you are absolutley right! Laughing Rolling with laughter Sheep Whistle Thumbs Up I could have suggested letting the satnav do this for you, but after Carl's previous post no, I wouldn't think so! Maybe it's the right time for me to get a horse! A single one (as opposed to 236) with a great heart. Sheep Confused Btw, they even have a good sense of orientation too, Carl. Actually beeing a member of this forum for so long I think that the heart of our FL2 ecu's must run on windows vista!!! Crying or Very sad Embarassed Shocked Rolling with laughter Having said that, if I finally decide to get a Disco 3, may be it would be more stable (it's in the market for 3 years now so it may run on Win xp - much more stable). Banging Head Ner Ner Thud Yawn Rolling Eyes Whistle Milestone

Post #8759 18th Oct 2007 10:04 pm
carlfraz

Laughing Laughing Steady on Def, your using up all the emoticons, how can I post threads if you use them up Laughing Laughing

Post #8784 19th Oct 2007 7:29 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1