« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Planet 4x4 - Practicality Tests
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
NightFox

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame
Planet 4x4 - Practicality Tests

Just noticed a magazine I've not seen before as I was walking out of my local Somerfields caled "Planet 4x4". Not sure if it's new, as I don't really take much notice of these things. However, I had a quick glance inside as it's cover story was a practicality test of 30(?) 4x4s. I took a quick look at the FL2, and have to say it got quite a slating. It was only a couple of paragraphs on each car, and it focussed purely of practicality (e.g. cabin and boots space, moving seats etc), but our FL2's didn't come out too well. The D3 on the other hand was very well rated, with the RRS and FFRR sitting inbetween the two.

I couldn't really disagree with any of the comments, but I guess the fact remains that not everyone needs the mobile TARDIS that is the D3 - it's horses for courses.

Post #8644 16th Oct 2007 7:56 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

I take no notice of what is written in a magazine, it's only the view of the author and they probably don't drive 4x4's anyway.

Personally, my FL2 has bags of room both in the cabin and the boot, seats move easily, and I find it very practicle indeed.

Stuff the Censored magazines I say...............long live the FL2 Bow down Thumbs Up ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #8648 16th Oct 2007 8:01 pm
pelyma

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Like you say horses for couses, the D3 was a worthy winner, but if wanted 7 seats and lots of space you wouldn't have bought a Fl2 in the first place. In the same way if I wanted a car that did 0-60 in 6s I wouldn't buy a D3 Rolling Eyes D4 HSE Lux for me
FL2 HSE Zermatt & Alpacca for the wife now gone
Skoda Yeti L&K for the wife.

Post #8649 16th Oct 2007 8:03 pm
NightFox

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

UKdave104 wrote:
I take no notice of what is written in a magazine, it's only the view of the author and they probably don't drive 4x4's anyway.

Personally, my FL2 has bags of room both in the cabin and the boot, seats move easily, and I find it very practicle indeed.

Stuff the Censored magazines I say...............long live the FL2 Bow down Thumbs Up

I only take notice if I'm hearing what I want to hear - otherwise I decide they're talking rubbish Wink

The only thing I would take issue with is that they marked it down on practicality because the electric drivers seat adjustment wouldn't work. That's reliability, not practicality.

Post #8650 16th Oct 2007 8:07 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1