Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > What's Happening To FL2 Prices
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
athelstan

What's Happening To FL2 Prices

Read the newspaper at breakfast this morning and came across interesting motoring article re 4x4 / winter etc.. However a comment therein prompted me to look up current Swiss prices for new FL2 and I was amazed at their new cost.

Here in CH 10 models are on offer starting with the TD4 E 150ps to the 3.2 i6 HSE 299ps. Using today's FX rates these translate to GB£28,700 to GB£42,900. Note: the model specifications are almost identical with the UK with the exception of the FFBH.

In addition to those costs you will have to pay local registration fees which are Kantone dependent upon where you live. The 26 Kantones do not charge the same fees - these vary according to engine size, fuel efficiency and CO2 output. The least you get away with is plus GB£180 > GB£470.

Second hand prices have also increased - we'd get approximately GBP2,600 more for our model (no longer available) even though it is now 13mths old, and has 22,000kms on the clock. A very surprising situation.

What's the position elsewhere?

Post #85235 23rd Dec 2010 8:50 am
gilfishman

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

a car dealer informed me that 2nd hand prices have increased in the last 2 months down to the cold/snow weather buy up to 15% Thumbs Up for most 4wd. Current: Freelander 2 GS, Orkney Grey, Factory fit privacy glass, design pack and Clearview pack. Almond Leather ,rear spoiler,rear mudflaps.my13.

Gone:Freelander 2, GS, "61"

Gone: Freelander 2, GS.e, "59"

Gone: Freelander 2, S, "08"

Post #85240 23rd Dec 2010 9:42 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bjartin

Denmark 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

My Google News showed me this:

Land Rover one of best models for holding value

Land Rover is one of the best models for holding on to its value, a new survey revealed today.

Used car valuation website Glass’s has produced its annual list of three-year-old cars. Three of the top 10 places are occupied by Land Rover vehicles, with the Freelander 2 retaining 63.8 per cent of its value after three years.

It is beaten only by the Honda CR-V (64.3 per cent), Mini Cooper 1.6D (65.9 per cent) and Volkswagen Tig-uan, another 4×4 which holds onto an impressive 68 per cent of its value.

Other top performing Land Rovers include the Discovery and Range Rover Sport, in sixth and ninth places respectively.

The key fact to emerge from this year’s report is seven of the top 10 performers are four-wheel drive SUVs (sport utility vehicles).

Four-wheel drive SUVs had fallen from public favour and were criticised for being ‘gas guzzlers’.

But manufacturers have worked hard to make them more environmentally fri-endly and the harsh recent winters have also helped boost their image.

Prospective buyers who may have postponed purchases during the recession are now buying and the British love affair with the 4×4 has resumed.

The new-found popularity is good news for the 4,000 workers who build Land Rover models in Lode Lane, Solihull.

In previous years, Glass’s has revealed that the best performing models in terms of residual values tend to be near the beginning of their product life cycle.

Whilst that is certainly still the case overall, the latest information seems to suggest that 4x4s are currently not as susceptible to the ‘life cycle ageing process’.

Read more: http://www.expressandstar.com/lifestyle/mo...z19DeDOKpx LR Freelander2 2,2 Td4 HSE manuel Stornaway Grey (Metallic) & Ebony Black Leather & Sun/Moon-roof & Bi-Xenon & Roof Rails & Tow bar & Body side rubbing strips & Cold climate pack & Privacy glass & NavTeq . Production Date: 11/5-2007 in Halewood.

Sorry, but I have changed to Defender 90 ", and I love my" tractor ".
http://www.youtube.com/bjartin

Post #85498 26th Dec 2010 1:17 pm
twodogs

2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

Just been watching Dave... when the We Buy Any Car ad came on, so
I,ve just entered my reg numbers, the FL2 is holding it value very very well,
wish I could say the same for our Audi. Big Cry

I know that W.B.A.C.com values could be a bit iffy but it gives you an idea.

We have a FL2 GS purchased new in mid April 2009 with all the bit's for £19k

W.B.A.C.com value £17845.....

I wont tell you what my 15 month old RS6 is worth, I feel quite ill... Big Cry

Post #86080 1st Jan 2011 5:10 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1