« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Acceptance Test Plan for a new Freelander 2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Dave Wilkin

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black
Acceptance Test Plan for a new Freelander 2

Reading through the forum, there appears to be several areas in the build quality namely electronics and front suspension that seem to be problematical. I will be taking delivery of a new Freelander 2 in the next fortnight or so and would like to know if anybody has created a tickbox type document for checking over a new car before accepting delivery.

In the past, I have carried out the usual visual checks, no dents, dinks, or dull spots. No leaks, no squeaks, and no breakages. Check the vehicle stops, starts, goes forwards and backwards, hand and foot brakes are fully operational, ........................................................

The list goes on, but given the awesome capability of the Freelander, how is it possible to complete a full check in the shortest time possible ?

All help appreciated.

Dave

Post #8370 11th Oct 2007 7:40 pm
Goldstone69

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tonga Green

Hi Dave

When you pick up your FL2 go through all the checks you have mentioned but as i think you realise there is no way of really testing a car like the FL2 until you drive it on the road in several different environments . You will probably find a couple of issues that need rectifying after the first week or two but hopefully nothing to major .
There are certainly recurring faults you have read on this forum but they seem to happen at random unpredictable times so hard to see how you can check them before you collect your FL2.The garage will probably tell you your vehicle has all the latest software updates etc ...hopefully this is true it will certainly save you having to worry ! ( since update my FL2 has had no recurrence of problems).

Most importantly of all Enjoy the experience !! Thumbs Up

Post #8373 11th Oct 2007 8:35 pm
NightFox

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

Agree with the above, don't think there's anything you could do at handover to identify the common faults, they all see to occur later on.

As you've said, make sure all the software is up-to-date, I'd suggest you get them to positively confirm this a couple of days beforehand, which then gives them chance to do it before you pick-up if they've forgotten, rather than ask then and be told "No, but bring it in and we'll do it for you".

Check that both the covers for the two power outlets in the centre console are there; one often seems to go missing.

You might want to also see if you can add the "Smokers Pack" to your order. It's a no cost option, but you get a removable ashtray that fits in one of the drinks holders and gives you a handy staorage container with a lid - and believe me, you don't get much storage space with the FL2.

First thing I'd check when I got home would be tyre pressures, don't assume that the dealership will have topped them up. I think several members (including mine) initial fuel consumption has been disappointing, but has actually been down to deflated tyres!

Post #8376 11th Oct 2007 9:09 pm
Dave Wilkin

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black

I have a three page check list at the moment and have included some of the recommendations above. I do have two excellent off road centres near to home where I can check out the terrain capabilities.

Thanks for contributions so far.

Dave

PS I have noted that is says AirBag on the passengers seat, hope she does not spot that Whistle

Post #8402 12th Oct 2007 12:23 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1