« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Lancaster Landrover Reading
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black
Lancaster Landrover Reading

Bought my approved used 2007 (57) SE from Ian Reay and can genuinely say that the service was superb.

My local dealers failed me in spectacular fashion and so I resulted to searching for cars on the Landrover web site - found a few, and sent mail enquiries to them all and I received a phone call from lancaster the next day, I sent some photo's for my car and a brief evaluation and Ian came back to be with a part x offer that was right on the button (so many other dealers failed to achieve this) and a good price for his car. Following some photo's that Ian sent through - this prompted a 200mi round trip to Reading to look at the car.

On the day the car was generally clean but a bit tatty but was assured that it had not been prepped yet; any way we took it for a drive and it all seamed good. Ian looked after the family and I managed to negotiate in my mind a reasonable deal - brilliant.

Whilst we waited the two weeks for the car to be prepped Ian kept in touch all the way through via e-mail and phone and it was never a problem to phone with any question or query.

We picked the car up and all was good - Ian managed to sort everything on my list (and I am a self confessed perfectionist) and the hand over was a sinch - complete with flowers for the mrs!

Unfortunately I had a few problems with the car (nothing major) but a quick call to Ian got it booked in and a nearly new FL2 courtesy car and all I can say is that Ian could not be any more helpful - I just got it back today and I have to say I am absolutely delighted with the service - I even got a Landrover Experience pass thrown in for good measure!

So all in all a very pleasant experience - Certainly from a sales point of view I could not fault the service and couldn't recommend Lancaster Land Rover enough! Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #78530 16th Oct 2010 9:43 pm
Sandhurst

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey
Re: Lancaster Landrover Reading

I have to agree with Cap'n's appraisal of Lancaster's Reading branch (Gary in service gets a mention for being especially courteous and helpful). They're a good bunch over there.

Umm. Captain, may I question your self-confessed perfectionism?

...sent some photo's... Following some photo's... There's no aphostrophe in 'photos'. We allow 'photo' as an accepted short form of photograph, making the plural 'photos'. The possessive would indeed be photo's - but, in your useage, they're not possessing anything.
...flowers for the mrs! Oh, come on! As any fule kno: It's 'Mrs.' - but the punctuation is forgivable.
..hand over was a sinch... 'Handover' is one word and 'cinch' is the more common spelling.

Back to school, Sir! In turn, I'll crawl back into my cave and shut up! Wink
 SE on an 07 plate

Post #81787 25th Nov 2010 4:39 pm
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

Perfectionist with cars - I never confessed to being a literary expert - quite the contrary, I can't write for toffee! Wink Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #81788 25th Nov 2010 4:53 pm
Sandhurst

Very glad to see you didn't take offence! Anyway, you're far and away better than I'm not that daft! who I could mention! Very Happy SE on an 07 plate

Post #81792 25th Nov 2010 5:36 pm
W.D.C.A.P.H.

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Stornoway Grey

Who, Nick? Rolling with laughter

(Bless 'im, a self confessed bad splelker ) Wink We Don't Care About Pot Holes !!

Post #81795 25th Nov 2010 6:26 pm
Sandhurst

Gawd, I wish I hadn't said anything now Wink
Nick? Nah, he's not a bad speller...it's his humour I struggle with Whistle

Oh, damnit! Did I say that out loud? Sheesh. And he's looking this way now! I better make my excuses and leave while I can!

W.D.C.A.P.H. wrote:
Who, Nick? Rolling with laughter

(Bless 'im, a self confessed bad splelker ) Wink
 SE on an 07 plate

Post #81797 25th Nov 2010 6:31 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1