Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Parrot Bluetooth and Parking Sensors - Also GS Stereo
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
jamesrhart

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey
Parrot Bluetooth and Parking Sensors - Also GS Stereo

Hi all,

I've just purchased a used 57 plate FL2 GS. I have a parrot MKi9200 fitted and I've noticed that when I'm in a call as it's muted the radio the reversing sensors don't sound. Has anyone else had the same problem? Is there a way around it?

I also think the stereo is pretty pathetic, has anyone had it upgraded, or changed out the speakers - the rear speakers seem very quiet.

Thanks in advance!

Post #81303 20th Nov 2010 4:41 pm
stownrow

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Indus Silver

Hello and welcome!

I had a parrot on my last car and it did mute everything including the parking sensors! Don't think there is a way round it as far as I know.... Although you could disconnect the mute altogether?

You could upgrade the sound system but it would possibly be involved and costly?!

Post #81317 20th Nov 2010 7:00 pm
jamesrhart

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Hi - and thanks or the welcome!

I'm not sure you can bypass the mute on an mki9200? - it has its own amp and no speaker. I wouldn't mind having to turn the stereo off, but still need to hear it ringing etc. (phones ringer is often muted, but car kit still rings which is handy).

I've looked at a couple of options for upgrading the head unit - but my eyes get too big and I end up looking at one with integrated sat nav, and as you say - it gets very expensive - too expensive!

I'm hoping some replacement speakers would do the job as it would be a bit more reasonable, but I would still need to overcome the problem with the parking sensors.

Cheers,

stownrow wrote:
Hello and welcome!

I had a parrot on my last car and it did mute everything including the parking sensors! Don't think there is a way round it as far as I know.... Although you could disconnect the mute altogether?

You could upgrade the sound system but it would possibly be involved and costly?!

Post #81320 20th Nov 2010 7:18 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1