« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Roof Rail Fixing Kit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Ratatatat

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HST Manual Zermatt Silver
Roof Rail Fixing Kit

I recently lost the rear o/side moulding cap after a very vigourous auto car wash - that'll teach me!

Anyway, you can't buy the individual parts, so I had to pay over £40 for a full fixing kit of parts. I'm now left with a box of parts (LR006610).

Can anyone make use of it? Seems a waste to simply dump them. You can have them free of charge, if you can merely cover the postage costs.

Regards Out on the road today, I saw a Dead Head sticker on a Cadillac.............

A little voice inside my head said "Don't look back, you can never look back"

Post #72698 25th Jul 2010 7:46 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Are these the caps that cover the bolts?

My rear passenger side has developed a gap and doesn't seem to fit as good as the others

If so what would postage be to Leeds ? Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #72699 25th Jul 2010 8:11 am
athelstan

Re: Roof Rail Fixing Kit

Ratatatat wrote:
I recently lost the rear o/side moulding cap after a very vigourous auto car wash - that'll teach me!

Anyway, you can't buy the individual parts, so I had to pay over £40 for a full fixing kit of parts. I'm now left with a box of parts (LR006610).

Can anyone make use of it? Seems a waste to simply dump them. You can have them free of charge, if you can merely cover the postage costs.

Regards

Keep'em.
You never know when any of the others decided to take matters into their own hands and leave your rails!
Part with them and you'll have to fork out another 40Quid Exclamation

Post #72704 25th Jul 2010 10:13 am
Ratatatat

Yo Athelstan - Your Grandad can't cook for peanuts Smile I've sold my F2 and now swank about in a Jag.

Npinks - send me your email and I will send you a pic of what parts are in the kit. alternatively, can you tell me how to post pics on this site? It could benefit others looking for parts - far to complex for me to work it out! Question [/img] Out on the road today, I saw a Dead Head sticker on a Cadillac.............

Post #72716 25th Jul 2010 2:40 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Pm sent Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #72717 25th Jul 2010 3:38 pm
athelstan

Ratatatat wrote:
Yo Athelstan - Your Grandad can't cook for peanuts Smile I've sold my F2 and now swank about in a Jag.
[/img]

Not a congenial response to a person who was simply offering sound advice.

I am not Mystic Meg or Nostradamus - your post dated 25/7/2010 stated; I quote: "I recently lost the rear o/side moulding cap after a very vigourous auto car wash - that'll teach me!", and it gave no notice of the fact that you no longer have the FL2.

Politeness is a characteristic my Grandfather had in plenty - there's obviously a scarcity of it in your gene pool. Clearly only pond life "swank around in Jags", gentlemen motor in their Jaguars.

Post #72719 25th Jul 2010 4:45 pm
another one

Scotland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I have recently lost the front o/s plastic cover for the roof rails. I would be very gratefull and pay the postage if you still have this available. I live in central Scotland.

Regards

David

Post #72728 25th Jul 2010 9:58 pm
Ratatatat

Actually Athelstan, my response was a 'tongue in cheek' joke. If your choice of mildely cerebral 'nom de plume' had any brains behind it, you would have known that Alfred the Great (chap who burnt cakes) was your supposed grandfather! Clearly you have no sense of humour, and I will therefore roll with my elderly Jag buddies who have an element of self deprication (look it up in a 'dick'-tionary, airhead). You have no idea of my gene pool, but I guess yours is limited to a man of 'da sarff'.

As for my friend in Scotland - delighted to help and yes I have the item you seek. Send me your name and postcode and I'll let you know postage.

Oiyvey!! Just trying to help here! Out on the road today, I saw a Dead Head sticker on a Cadillac.............

Post #72764 26th Jul 2010 4:32 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

the north south divide opens up again Thumbs Up southern softies Rolling Eyes At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #72767 26th Jul 2010 5:06 pm
athelstan

Ratatatat wrote:
Oiyvey!! Just trying to help here!

Then be helpful. Be accurate.

1: You should have made it clear when you opened this thread that you had parted company with your FL2.
2: Don't impart your meagre and inaccurate understanding of the "Dark Ages" as it misleading and unhelpful. For those who seek an accurate account of the characters mention in Ratatatat's previous post (not fabricated myths about burning cakes first scripted 3 centuries after the event, or cast doubt upon a noble's fatherhood) I guide you to the work's of Dorothy Whitelock and Sir Frank Stenton whose papers are acknowledged by their peers and academia for their clarity and accuracy.
3: Don't guess my english origins as again you are wildly inaccurate. To supplement your superficial account of those Dark Ages my family ancestors were (and are still) to found in the heart of the tribal lands of the Pecsaetan Mercian.
4: There is and always was no demographic evidence for where intelligence or wisdom lies on the four points of the compass. It is contemptuous to do so. There are many fine scholars down south, and up north or back east or far west.

That's it - I won't respond to any future post(s) you make on this, your thread, as they (your posts) will also probably contain inaccuracies and chastisement.

I regret my original posting - I was indeed only trying to be helpful

Post #72784 26th Jul 2010 8:39 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Replied to your email Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #72785 26th Jul 2010 8:45 pm
Ratatatat

Pssst,.......Athelstan................You're a southern softy with no sense of humour, but that's ok. Your own sense of self-worth magnificantly makes up for it. That and the psychosis of course. I reckon it's in your genes.

Looking forward to your non-repl Very Happy Out on the road today, I saw a Dead Head sticker on a Cadillac.............

Post #72827 27th Jul 2010 3:21 pm
Wackster

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Sumatra Black

Hi there Ratatat,

I know this is a slightly out of date topic now, but I don't suppose you still have any of the fitting kit parts at all do you? I've just bought some roof rails secondhand and I'm missing a couple of the rubber spaces that fit beneath the 'feet' of the rails when attached.

Bit of a long shot I know, but thought it might be worth a long shot.

Thanks in advance,
Wackster.javascript:emoticon('Smile')

Post #135408 9th Mar 2012 5:35 pm
athelstan

Wackster
Describe which pieces you require in detail and I may have some spares in the garage.

Post #135415 9th Mar 2012 5:44 pm
Wackster

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Sumatra Black

Hi Aethelstan,

Thanks for the reply. I'll need to check when I get home shortly which ones exactly but they're rubber spacers, about 5 or 6 inch long and around 2 inches wide in a stretch oval shape. They sit between the roof rails and the plastic strips along the roof.

Once I get home I'll take a quick shot of the two that I have and post it here.

Thanks again for the response.

Cheers,
Wackster Very Happy

Post #135420 9th Mar 2012 6:00 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>