Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Rear Door Panel Removal
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Chris H

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey
Rear Door Panel Removal

I'm in need of a bit of technical help.

I accidentally dropped the rear drivers window whilst not concentrating at a toll booth and a plastic suction cup for the kids blinds went through the seal on the way down and came off when I rasied the window. The window will now not close fully (it still seals so no water ingress), but whenever you try and use the window it just goes up and down a few times before it stays open. You can put it back up by being very careful. I am assuming that the suction cup has got lodged in the mechanism and it is acting as though something is trapped between the window and the frame forcing the window to reopen.

The question is, how do I remove the interior trim to reveal the mechanism so I can take it out?

Thanks

Chris

Post #69669 1st Jun 2010 9:52 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Not sure myself, but isn't the door also sealed with a skin to stop water getting to the door cards? You'll have to replace these also as you'll have to cut through them to
get to the window mechinism Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #69671 1st Jun 2010 9:57 am
Chris H

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

I'll have another look at the door. I asssumed I would just have to take the interior panel off and the mechanism would be displayed, without having to cut anything else (similar to replacing a speaker in the door). I think I might go down to LR and ask them.

Post #69672 1st Jun 2010 10:03 am
m1964

United States 

Chris H wrote:
I'll have another look at the door. I asssumed I would just have to take the interior panel off and the mechanism would be displayed, without having to cut anything else (similar to replacing a speaker in the door). I think I might go down to LR and ask them.

If I remember well, you have to pry off the "handle" from the inner panel, there will be two screws to undo, then there is one more on the bottom -easily seen w/ door opned. Then pry panel off because it also held by plastic clips to the door.

Post #71522 5th Jul 2010 3:54 am
Junior

England 

Our yankee cousin is correct, but pry from the bottom and don't pull by the door pocket, and beware that the wires for the speaker and window swithches is very short but can be unplugged easily Thumbs Up

Post #71548 5th Jul 2010 2:52 pm
m1964

United States 

Junior wrote:
Our yankee cousin is correct, but pry from the bottom and don't pull by the door pocket, and beware that the wires for the speaker and window swithches is very short but can be unplugged easily Thumbs Up

Hi, Junior-

I thought that if Chris is able to remove the panel he should be able to figure out the rest (speaker wires, door lock mechanism)

Post #71582 6th Jul 2010 2:20 am
Junior

England 

You're pefectley correct m1964, But those pop in/out clips around the edges can take a bit of a tug and I have seen door pockets hanging off and the wires are really short Thumbs Up

Post #71605 6th Jul 2010 2:36 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1