Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Replacing Key Fob Socket
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
rmbillington

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey
Replacing Key Fob Socket

Hi

I recently had the key fob replaced, as a small piece of plastic had fallen off inside of it.

My question is, does anyone know if you have to touch the lower part of the dash board to remove/replace the keyfob socket?

After the keyfob was replaced, I noticed (a few months later as we had a baby in between, so everything was ignored for a while) that the corner of the knee airbag cover was loose. The only work anywhere near this was for the keyfob.

I took my car in to get this repaired, they said this was fine, but the part was on back order, so it'll be a couple of weeks. After a few weeks I heard nothing, so called them, they've had their computer systems replaced, and have no record of this job, or of the agreement to replace the part, joy.

Our friendly LR dealership is now claiming that this part of the dash isn't touched, and so it can't have been them.

I'm in the situation where it doesn't matter too much if it isn't replaced, you need to look hard to see it's damaged, but I'm annoyed that this won't be sorted, and they're saying it's my fault.

Do I carry on, and stick to my guns, or just ignore it, and walk away?

Rich

Post #71308 30th Jun 2010 5:19 pm
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Rich, it sounds like with you it's got to the the stage where your not over bothered if it's fixed or not but it's a 'principle thing', they said they would order a part and now they say something else.
My feelings would be exactly the same - how about making a tel call to the service manager, tell him what time you will be visiting the facility and will be expecting to see him to discuss this in person - no joy with the service manager then next is the dealer principle - surely not a wasted journey even if just to vent some steam off Thumbs Up

Post #71331 30th Jun 2010 10:04 pm
rmbillington

Result, they've got a new service manager, who after a conversation about what happened, and who said what, I showed him my car, and the problems. He's agreed that the replacement job was a bit of a farse, and that he'll get it sorted.

Just need to wait to see how long the back order is.

Rich

Post #71364 1st Jul 2010 2:42 pm
rmbillington

Even bigger result, they found an air bag in Cambridge, and had fitted this, my dash is also no longer loose, where it was apparently just fine before.

They also got the MOT done, so I didn't have to worry about getting this done at a later date.

My warranty runs out in 2 weeks though, fingers crossed I've got everything sorted, and we'll be fine now.

Rich

Post #71424 2nd Jul 2010 9:10 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1