« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > Reliability v poor
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Goldstone69

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tonga Green
Reliability v poor

Have had the car 6 weeks.. failed to start ..radio wouldn`t turn off..(now fixed with software download) first journey over 50 miles severe juddering rear left nearside wheel , i stopped thinking i had a puncture but the tyre was fine but smelled of something overheating/burning . Both front windows have only one touch opening not closing minor i know but annoying. Car is currently at the garage being fixed. Shocked
The local dealership has been very good but far to many faults for a premium brand.

Post #6933 17th Sep 2007 8:53 pm
joe1978

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Fuji White

Sorry to hear your problems, if it helps the window is easy to sort. It just needs reset as per manual insructions. Iit happens cause of power disconnections, eg battery not connected in showroom/compound.
joe MY11 Fuji white Td4 150 GS straight up no mixer.

Post #6953 17th Sep 2007 11:01 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Also sorry to hear about your problems. You'll see that your not alone (which is no justification at all, I know) but you'll also see that all of us here have stuck with it. A good dealer can go a long way to help minimise the inconvenience caused by these problems. Do keep a good record of your interactions with the dealer.

Hope the problems are fixed soon, then you can join the rest of in the 'smiley' brigade !!

Post #6963 18th Sep 2007 8:08 am
Goldstone69

Thanks for your replies i will keep the faith and hope to join the smiley people soon but patience will be sorely tested if it brakes down again ! Neutral

Post #6968 18th Sep 2007 11:05 am
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Bad news my friend, but on the flip side at least the dealers should be gaining experience to fix these little electrical glitches. My dealer 'claims' he can now fix my old car of its faults, shame I will never find out though.

I'm now up to 1000 in the new one and to date 100% perfect so good luck Thumbs Up

Post #6970 18th Sep 2007 11:49 am
Goldstone69

Got the car back yesterday 2 new rear brake shoes fitted (handbrake fault) windows fixed you were right joe 1978 just needed re setting . Parked car on hill later that evening applied handbrake and.....car gently rolled down the hill .. Laughing a new twist on HDC !! Back to the dealership it goes.... Banging Head

Post #7080 19th Sep 2007 9:32 am
QUERCUS

2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Goldstone69 wrote:
Parked car on hill later that evening applied handbrake and.....car gently rolled down the hill .. a new twist on HDC !! Back to the dealership it goes....

I don't want to sound patronizing, but did you turn HDC on? My experience has been that often when I think there is a problem with the car it turns out to be a user problem. These cars aren't so simpe anymore. I'm also not sure if HDC engages when gear is on neutral. 2007 Freelander 2 HSE i6
stornoway grey
black leather

Post #7087 19th Sep 2007 10:53 am
Goldstone69

No Quercus i did not have HDC switched on, the problems with the handbrake it needs adjusting so it actually works on a meduim gradiant hill any hill actually...........................mmmmmm Idea i suppose i could move to Norfolk Sheep Sheep Sheep .
I realise the FL2 is a complicated machine but maybe a simple handbrake check at the garage after the previous work had been carried out would have been a good idea.Its going back to the garage this afternoon i`m sure everthing will be fine ..eventually.

Post #7093 19th Sep 2007 12:07 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

My handbrake is not brilliant, seems to be working when the handbrake is pulled really high up, my driveway is on a slope aswell.

I was presuming the cable just needed adjusting, I will see what the service its due for finds out

Post #7094 19th Sep 2007 12:25 pm
joe1978

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Fuji White

There's a amall amount of "give" in the handbrake on mine, eg you park on an incline apply the brake fully and there's a small, approx 4" movement left in the wheels.
Does that make sense? i presume it's just a characteristic of the car?

joe MY11 Fuji white Td4 150 GS straight up no mixer.

Post #7095 19th Sep 2007 12:31 pm
boiledgnat

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Mine's been back in once for the handbrake - they said something had come loose ( Shocked ) and now it was fixed. I'm still not too sure though, as it only holds the car if you pull it up really hard. I'll get them to check again next time it's in.

Post #7097 19th Sep 2007 1:02 pm
avtur

Goldstone69 wrote:
I realise the FL2 is a complicated machine but maybe a simple handbrake check at the garage after the previous work had been carried out would have been a good idea.

Isn't this sooo often the case. A parts is replaced, or a system repaired, but when you pick the car up there's no change. Happend to me just a couple of weeks ago when the radio/cd was replaced - the cd wouldn't work at all. Now surely yhey should have checked the basic functions of the unit. Instead its up to me to apply quality control to their business....

We keep making excuses for these guys but its a crap way to run a business Censored Censored

Post #7099 19th Sep 2007 1:25 pm
Goldstone69

Great news as of 2.30pm GMT there is no fault with my car it starts.. the radio works ..the windows work..it drives beautifully and the hand brake works.. Bow down Very Happy Bow down .
Will now drive with fingers crossed and have to wear my lucky pants( Embarassed ) thankyou all for your suggestions/support hopefully will have nothing more to moan about . Thumbs Up

Post #7106 19th Sep 2007 2:49 pm
avtur

Go fill the tank and drive 'till its empty .... Thumbs Up

Post #7110 19th Sep 2007 3:49 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1