Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > LED daytime running lights
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
chalkey

England 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

If your right, I can change my side light bulb to a LED which can be used in the day. But I dont fancy turning on lights on & off. I've been using the auto light setting since I've had my Freelander.

Its hard going driving such a brillant car. Wink 2013 hse auto, black, almond leather, exnon lights, factory privacy glass, exhaust finisher, rear boot spoiler, mud flaps. Body door side moulding and steps.

Gone and fondly remembered
2012 XS (2013 up-grade LED lights front & rear)
2007 hse (2011 facelift)

Post #70186 7th Jun 2010 10:54 pm
Andy131

United Kingdom 

Just a question

When I was a lot younger, I got pulled by plod for having a light showing on the front of the bike and no light showing at the back.
It was broad daylight so lights were not nessesary, but as a motorcyclist I thought it gave a better chance of survival.

Question is have the rules changed, because a lot of new cars seem to have LEDs showing at the front but nothing at the rear - again broad daylight?

As an aside drunk drivers don't look, so having the lights on during the day didn't help in the end Evil or Very Mad Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #70207 8th Jun 2010 1:31 pm
chalkey

England 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Hi Andy

I think a law mush have changed, because a good few years ago I borrowed a 125 cc motor bike for about 2 months.
Got myself insurance, enjoyed riding it. I had a couple of near misses and decided that we needed a second car.
But the motor bike only had a brake light. It had no road lights so I could only ride it in the day light hours. That was before bikers started riding with nlights on during the day.

The law must have changed because the new Golf, Astra, Insigna, Audi's and Merc's all have day time runing front lights.

Your freelander is a great colour. Thumbs Up 2013 hse auto, black, almond leather, exnon lights, factory privacy glass, exhaust finisher, rear boot spoiler, mud flaps. Body door side moulding and steps.

Gone and fondly remembered
2012 XS (2013 up-grade LED lights front & rear)
2007 hse (2011 facelift)

Post #70233 8th Jun 2010 8:40 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234