« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Drivers Seat Problem
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
landieguy

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HST Auto Stornoway Grey
Drivers Seat Problem

Hi - have become increasingly concious of what might be a problem with the drivers seat in my HST. Not sure what makes up the seat base part that supports your bottom but particularly when cornering and when the body has lateral movement it feels like spring straps have weakened and are touching/rolling against each other. Cannot inspect the area as a metal plate covers the underside of the seat. Earlier this year the car went back to the dealers to have a slight fore/aft movent rectified which was successful presumably after the cables that connect the electric motors to the adjustment threaded rod were repositioned.
Any of you other owners aware of a similar problem?
Also the seat bolster adjacent to the drivers door has two crease marks in the leather caused by the bolster being crushed when not sitting in the seat perfectly plumb square. Accepting that this bolster gets the most wear and tear from the simple reason it is crushed each time you get into or out of vehicle, but it seems the padding foam material used is too soft to resist the creasing effect. Don't consider myself at 6ft 3inches and 14.5 stone over large and a significant seat breaker, but before I go back to dealers thought I would get any input from forum members. Thanks in anticipation.

Post #70132 6th Jun 2010 9:31 pm
xtattsbox

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Seems that LR have bought the seats from Dave Dodgy Car Parts. Creaks Groans, movement etc are a known issue.

Interestingly, mine went in for the movement in the seat and they have ordered a replacement seat frame. No when that turns up is anyones guess. It went in on the 5th May, no sign yet!! Hi Darling, I'll be home in 10 mins. If I'm not back, please read this message again...

Post #70143 7th Jun 2010 8:10 am
superspark

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

I have heard of fastenings becoming loose after a short period of time, perhaps they have not been done up properly in the first place, i would use thread lock,this should stop the problems in the first place.

Post #70181 7th Jun 2010 10:03 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1