Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Disabled and Mother and Baby parking
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Carnoch

Disabled and Mother and Baby parking

A rant, I can't think of anything more annoying than disabled and mother and baby parking, especially at Supermarkets.

It's something you dont see much of Stateside, but in the UK, they proliferate.

Accepting we probably have more disabled badge holders than fit people in this country, the majority of these people seem more able than you or I. There is nothing more annoying than having walked the length of the car park, finding some disabled person/blue badge holder, wearing trackie bottoms and Nike Air's jogging into the supermarket. Oh, and what was ever wrong with the light blue three wheelers they used to get? now they have 4 wheel drives etc, all courtesy of the rest of us.

That said, have you noticed how rude the older generation are now. They let doors slam in peoples faces, shout disapproval at younger people for the likes of breathing in a public place, constantly tut at anything that moves and pass wind with gusto. Maybe the fear of soiling their underwear is gone with the likes of Tenor Lady. They are living examples of why euthenasia should be made compulsory.

The mother and baby spot is a relevation as well. A lot of disabled people with blue badges can't obviously read and park there anyway. Other elerdly people, merely stash a child seat in the rear and think that qualifies them to park there, unaware the child is not an optional extra. Or we could cited the parents, who think that having a teenager qualifies them to park there. In honesty, if the child can walk, then people should be parking normally.

Have we become such a selfish society that it;s first come, first served and two fingers up to everyone elce. I suppose I've answered my own question, but it's really sad.

Post #67857 6th May 2010 1:42 pm
Tandemman

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Rimini Red

I like the ones where the disabled driver sits in the car in the disabled slot whilst their able bodied passenger goes shopping

Post #67862 6th May 2010 2:32 pm
phil_wkl

Australia 

Having my own toddler, I agree about disabled users parking in mother/toddler spaces, you have your own spaces, use them!
But I don't agree about if they can walk, use normal spaces as my son can walk but he still needs a car seat (by law). The extra space around the car is handy for opening the door fully to get him in/out easier. Phil

Post #67863 6th May 2010 2:33 pm
lypsyl

2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Alaska White

Post removed by user I know

Last edited by lypsyl on 19th May 2010 6:35 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #67864 6th May 2010 2:40 pm
Carnoch

Yes, I know where your coming from, but in honesty apart from having a bit of extra space so your car doesn't get knocked, it's not essential if the kids are able to walk. It's a minor irritant, but I feel sorry for mums with prams and push chairs if someone with a couple of 'larger' kids hog the parking spots. I mean I saw one a while back and the kids might have only been about 10 years old, but it looked liked they weighed in at more than 15 stone. A lot bigger than their Mum. That can't be right!

Oh, you mean the Taxi drivers who are beyond any know law of the universe. Those who invented the phrase triple parking. They should be lined up against a wall and shot!

Post #67865 6th May 2010 2:49 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

disabled parking is required just like M&T parking

but don't park in it if you don't need to, ive given plenty of verbal rants to people who have parked in M&T because they saw the larger space free

Had one old lady apologise to me because she had cut me up driving the wrong way round the carpark to get in to the M&T space because the disabled ones were full, but there was plenty of normal spaces close by she could have used and i told her so in no uncertain terms too what i thought of her

The store managers also have a bad attitude towards M&T parking in Disabled spots, but when i point out the fact they do nothing about disabled people and/or others without kids parking in the spots they backtrack and blame limited parking spaces been available and not alienating people without kids

Internet Shopping rules in my household now Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #67866 6th May 2010 3:35 pm
tenet

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey
Re: Disabled and Mother and Baby parking

Carnoch wrote:
A rant, I can't think of anything more annoying than disabled and mother and baby parking, especially at Supermarkets.

It's something you dont see much of Stateside, but in the UK, they proliferate.

Accepting we probably have more disabled badge holders than fit people in this country, the majority of these people seem more able than you or I. There is nothing more annoying than having walked the length of the car park, finding some disabled person/blue badge holder, wearing trackie bottoms and Nike Air's jogging into the supermarket. Oh, and what was ever wrong with the light blue three wheelers they used to get? now they have 4 wheel drives etc, all courtesy of the rest of us.

That said, have you noticed how rude the older generation are now.
They let doors slam in peoples faces, shout disapproval at younger people for the likes of breathing in a public place, constantly tut at anything that moves and pass wind with gusto. Maybe the fear of soiling their underwear is gone with the likes of Tenor Lady. They are living examples of why euthenasia should be made compulsory.

The mother and baby spot is a relevation as well. A lot of disabled people with blue badges can't obviously read and park there anyway. Other elerdly people, merely stash a child seat in the rear and think that qualifies them to park there, unaware the child is not an optional extra. Or we could cited the parents, who think that having a teenager qualifies them to park there. In honesty, if the child can walk, then people should be parking normally.

Have we become such a selfish society that it;s first come, first served and two fingers up to everyone elce. I suppose I've answered my own question, but it's really sad.

Being of a certain age I can confirm that it is self opinionated individuals that make us grumpy Whistle MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

MY 15 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey with colour coded Bumper Door Mouldings

Post #67867 6th May 2010 3:39 pm
Carnoch

Hey, I am laid back until some old person kicks off and thinks age excuses them from manners.

Give us your address and I'll forward it to Dignatas in Switzerland. They must have some special offers on the go just now.

Post #67870 6th May 2010 3:51 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

and i'll cut out the back pages of my sunday newspaper and send you adverts for elasticated wasted trousers and tarten double footmuffs Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #67873 6th May 2010 4:15 pm
xtattsbox

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

You have to have disabled parking all over the place. My old golf club had to have two spaces put in, the car park was gravel, so they had to get two spaces tarmac'd, ramps put in and doors widened. In the 4 years that I was there, they were never used.... Cost a bloody fortune...

My company built an office and as it has three levels, we were advised to put in a lift.... It saves having to carry the paper upstairs at least... We let the kids play in the disabled space as they've got space hoppers...

I think that there is a need, but it is the abuse that is the biggest issue.

A good friend has a profoundly disabled daughter. A couple of years ago we went to London, as the Capital of the Country it is a disgrace. Tubes.... forget it.... Public transport... at a push... Taxis are pretty good to be honest, but not everyone can afford them. But the worst thing, is people... In the Tate modern, there are lifts... and signs that state that they are primarily for the use of wheelchairs and pushchairs.

So, why then, when we were in the queue for the lift with a 12 yo girl who has Cerebral Palsy did we get left standing staring at a full lift with people just, well staring into space. Her Mum just sighed. "You get used to it"

So I guess my point is. There are people who really need disabled spaces. There are people who need M&T spaces. There are people who know that they don't, they just have a total lack of consideration and over inflated sense of their own importance... Their life is just far to F Censored g important to waste time being a responsible member of society. Hi Darling, I'll be home in 10 mins. If I'm not back, please read this message again...

Post #67874 6th May 2010 4:27 pm
tenet

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey

Us old uns also get grumpy about sloppy spelling - it's DIGNITAS and my name is already down Sad MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

MY 15 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey with colour coded Bumper Door Mouldings

Post #67877 6th May 2010 5:17 pm
Carnoch

Cant count it as sloppy spelling as it's a name of a firm, but i stand corrected.

Anyway, as your obviously suffering from a lack of a SOH and general oldness, probably a bit whiffy as well because of something stale in the undergarments department, maybe the time is right just now to call them? Make sure you hand back the blue badge, we wouldn't want it misused. Also the Driving Licence, which should in all probability have been revoked ages ago and the cushion, you know the one that looks a bit like a polo mint. I'll do you a tick list if the memory is going......

Post #67880 6th May 2010 6:05 pm
Bill Turner

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Santorini Black

At the last count Motability owned 3.5 million cars and the only fleet owner in the world with more is the Chinese Army.

Bill Turner. Life Honorary Member of Wallasey Motor Club.
Licenced MSA Radio Operator for 35+ years.
Rallying is the only sport.

Post #67882 6th May 2010 6:21 pm
Simon CSK

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Rimini Red

[quote="xtattsbox"]You have to have disabled parking all over the place. My old golf club had to have two spaces put in, the car park was gravel, so they had to get two spaces tarmac'd, ramps put in and doors widened. In the 4 years that I was there, they were never used.... Cost a bloody fortune...

My company built an office and as it has three levels, we were advised to put in a lift.... It saves having to carry the paper upstairs at least... We let the kids play in the disabled space as they've got space hoppers...

/quote]

Xt
I am an Architect and meet the Disability rules on a regular basis. All I can say is the world has gone MAD. The disability regs now affect the alteration and construction of housing and the length I have to go to and the expence for clients is rediculous. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Post #67883 6th May 2010 6:27 pm
Junior

England 

My partner has rheumatoid arthritis and he uses a walking stick so qualifies for a 'Blue badge', I find it useful for parking on the double yellows outside the post office white I queue to pay my council tax bill, I can also park in the bus station in cleveleys when we go to the labour club Thumbs Up

Post #67884 6th May 2010 6:31 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>