« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Loose seat
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
zone30

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Santorini Black
Loose seat

A different problem than I've read on the forum.

I have electric adjustable seats, and have the distinct feeling the the front passanger seat is a little loose.
When I brake a bit pronounced and pull up again, i feel a little click as if the seas moves back a milimeter or somthing. Its ever so slight a click so hard to notice.

I felt it a few months ago and if u focus on it it's easy to feel. I fear it may become more and more pronounced over time and will mention it to my dealer next time I go in for service. My car is still under warranty for 2.5 years so should not be a problem to get it sorted.

Does anyone alse experience this?

Post #48348 7th Oct 2009 9:01 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

yes i have noticed this happen on my new cars drivers seat, just the odd click as if the base has a mm or two's movement, but sometimes it doesn't

i don't think its major but will have it booked in to be looked at when i have time Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #48350 7th Oct 2009 9:16 am
timmy

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

This is an old problem and there is a Technical Service Bulletin (LTB00176v2) for it. See http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic3537.html I've had both front seats changed with the updated seat base but it has started to happen again

Post #48351 7th Oct 2009 9:48 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

I presume since my car was made in June it will have the latest parts on it, as the TSB was Dec 2008

But you never know, i still have to nip it to the dealers Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #48352 7th Oct 2009 10:57 am
zone30

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Santorini Black

Thx guys, this gives me some info to knock on the table if need be.

Post #48359 7th Oct 2009 1:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

my drivers seat suffered the same problem, stealers advised mine would have had the new seat fixings fitted (Apr 2008) so replaced the drivers seat under warranty. Fine for a month or so but then went exactly the same. Personally I dont think there is a cure so have opted to live with it. On the plus side my beige leather seat was looking a little dirty so the replacement saved having to buy any leather cleaner!! Thumbs Up Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #48473 9th Oct 2009 2:37 pm
mad murph

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

Dragging up an old thread. I have noticed the seat moving occasionally on my 57plate SE. I notice there was a TSB for the fix but does anyone actually have a copy of the bulletin?

Thanks

John Cool

Post #66818 21st Apr 2010 11:03 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

when you say movement can you elaborate a little

I too have noticed my drivers seat clicks a little when accelerating and stopping.

Its just a 'metallic' click as if there is a bolt very slightly loose, or there is a little play in the electric mechanism

Car was at dealers yesterday, and they found no fault, only for it to click as soon as i pulled away Rolling Eyes Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Last edited by npinks on 21st Apr 2010 11:40 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #66819 21st Apr 2010 11:06 am
mad murph

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

Seat appears to move slightly under acceleration and braking in a forward backward motion. I get a click but there is also some definite movement.

Post #66820 21st Apr 2010 11:12 am
xtattsbox

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Mine moves. It's on my list! Hi Darling, I'll be home in 10 mins. If I'm not back, please read this message again...

Post #66821 21st Apr 2010 11:41 am
landieguy

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HST Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi - I had he same problem with the drivers seat on my 09 reg HST. Very slight movement (occasionally) when either accelerating or braking. Surprisingly, the only movement I could find, by gripping seat from outside the car, was a slight sidewards movement and nothing fore and aft. Took car into Lookers, Colchester and they applied a modification to the seat which has cured the problem. Sorry no details as to what the modification was but if your dealer cannot give you a permanent cure then get them to call Lookers and find out what they do.

Post #66865 21st Apr 2010 8:51 pm
Marky

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

Could this be an issue for HSE /HST cars only? It seems to be the case although its not obvious in all the posts i.e. zone30 mentions electric seats with no clue to car model.

Just a thought 2010 FL2 XS Auto in Santorini Black with HSE alloys

Post #66886 22nd Apr 2010 8:55 am
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

When i had this problem in my HSE last year they replaced the seat! However 12 months alter the movement returned. I have somehow fixed it by altering the position of the seat - now its as solid as ever. Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #66900 22nd Apr 2010 10:16 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

PDF FIXING GUIDE FOR SEAT ROCKING

https://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/albums/u...atrock.pdf

umbertob wrote:
Not sure if this was posted earlier, but I recall reading quite a few complaints in recent past (from 2008 owners in particular) about an annoying, slight rocking motion of driver and/or passenger seats when coming to a stop. The problem would sometimes come back even after the dealer replaced the seat track/rail mechanism, as a TSB issued a few months ago recommended.

Forget that TSB, it's no good anymore. A new service message released on the GTR appears to confirm that new seat rail may only solve the problem temporarily and, until a better rail design is released, the SSM suggests that the seat literally be thrown out of whack a bit to stop the rocking motion - and the customer complaints. Laughing

Quote:
Models
LA - Discovery 3
LS - Range Rover Sport
LF - Freelander 2
LA - Discovery 4
Title RRS, Discovery 3/4, LR3/4 & Freelander 2/LR2 Limited `Seat Rock`
Last Modified 16-SEP-2009 08:53
Category Body
Symptom 101000 Seating

Concern
Range Rover Sport, Discovery 3 / 4, LR3 / 4 & Freelander 2 / LR2 customers may report 'Seat rock' from either the drivers or passengers front seat on their vehicle. This SSM supersedes Technical bulletins LTB00176V2/3.

Action
It is imperative that the seat rails at this stage are not replaced but the attached containment process carried out on a fix on fail basis. Replacing the seat rail or any other seat components may only temporally fix the customers concern. Please note:-The attached validated process is an interim containment process until a new quality assured seat rail is available.
SRO is 78.70.89.41 - Seat track repair and has a time of 0.3 hours.
 Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #66904 22nd Apr 2010 12:17 pm
PuffyMcScrote

United States 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Not to bring up old stuff, but this "adjustment" - has anyone tried it on an LR2 and does it work? Seems pretty straight forward, but my concern is when you undo the cable to give it the magical 13 twists, will it spin out of control or is it not under tension to begin with?

Post #216476 10th Feb 2014 9:06 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1