Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Problems with Hill Descent unexpectedly engaging at speed?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
ou toppie

South Africa 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey

[quote="adm"]tell me how did the driver know that the hdc kicked in doing 60/70mph would you have time to lo

Quote:
ok ? or have i missed something

Good day gents, this is first post so bear with me. Re ad210358 comments on his engine switching on and off again. Can you advise what the dealers comments were as my fl2 has now started to do the same thing only i describe it as a though its a flat spot on a carburetter. Our dealer says they can do nothing if it doesnt show up on the computer, but they have a record of the reported fault so if it develops into something serious then they will treat it as warrenty even if its expired.
Have been following the forum for quite some time now and i must congratulate all involved for making life interesting with comments/observations, especially appreciate the long forgotten british sense of humour.
By the way in SA all landrovers are sold with a 3 year maintenance plan as part of the deal.
Thanks

Post #63989 18th Mar 2010 5:46 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

i have read a few times on dealers saying a fault is logged and they deal with it even out of warranty if it develops into something

only to then turn round and say Sorry, we can't do it as warranty, or LR says no you'll have to pay

Be careful on that one Thumbs Up

Anyway Welcome Very Happy Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #63990 18th Mar 2010 5:52 pm
ad210358

England 

[quote="ou toppie"]

adm wrote:
tell me how did the driver know that the hdc kicked in doing 60/70mph would you have time to lo
Quote:

Good day gents, this is first post so bear with me. Re ad210358 comments on his engine switching on and off again. Can you advise what the dealers comments were as my fl2 has now started to do the same thing only i describe it as a though its a flat spot on a carburetter. Our dealer says they can do nothing if it doesnt show up on the computer, but they have a record of the reported fault so if it develops into something serious then they will treat it as warrenty even if its expired.
Have been following the forum for quite some time now and i must congratulate all involved for making life interesting with comments/observations, especially appreciate the long forgotten british sense of humour.
By the way in SA all landrovers are sold with a 3 year maintenance plan as part of the deal.
Thanks

My fault which has been solved or at the very least has not done it since. The problem was total power loss for maybe two or three seconds at most then it would not do it again for days but over three months it got worse till the day it went in it was doing it every four or five hundred metres. No faults were ever recorded, even if the tech put the diagnostics immediately.

The fault was eventually found to be the Reluckter Ring on the end of the Crank which as I understand it produces a signal to tell the injection system what the position the crank is in so it can then inject the fuel. Thumbs Up p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #64005 18th Mar 2010 8:22 pm
ou toppie

South Africa 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey

[quote="ad210358"]

ou toppie wrote:
adm wrote:
tell me how did the driver know that the hdc kicked in doing 60/70mph would you have time to lo
Quote:

Thanks

My fault which has been solved or at the very least has not done it since. The problem was total power loss for maybe two or three seconds at most then it would not do it again for days but over three months it got worse till the day it went in it was doing it every four or five hundred metres. No faults were ever recorded, even if the tech put the diagnostics immediately.

The fault was eventually found to be the Reluckter Ring on the end of the Crank which as I understand it produces a signal to tell the injection system what the position the crank is in so it can then inject the fuel. Thumbs Up

Many thanks.
Will throw this at them and see what they say. Bow down

Post #64036 19th Mar 2010 10:48 am
FLETCH

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Auto Lago Grey

Personally I cant speak of too much experience myself, we have only had ours 6 weeks. However I can say its the best car we have ever owned, and I have had some nice cars, mainly Jags. I also work in the Motor Trade and drive a lot of cars, the Freelander compares / betters most of them.

I can speak for my neighbour who has just sold his Freelander 2 after 3 years and 50k miles, he loved it and had no problems at all.
He has got another new one, Think that speaks for it self.

Post #64048 19th Mar 2010 1:37 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123