Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Mileage between yearly servicing
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Carnoch

Mileage between yearly servicing

Okay, this is a goodie, SWMBO's FL2 has done 2921 miles between yearly services.

I am at a loss to say much more, other than to tot up the cost of the excise licence, insurance and todays service at the main dealer. Deep joy!

In the meantime someone is clocking up the mileage in my Discovery. Rolling Eyes

Post #63675 15th Mar 2010 6:54 pm
ad210358

England 

You need to show who wears the trousers and keep her out of the Discovery, failing that get another Discovery. On second thoughts another Discovery would be the safer bet. p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #63676 15th Mar 2010 6:59 pm
Carnoch

Oh yes Ad, good idea, I can just see it. I get a D4 and give her my year old D3. Guess what will happen?

Post #63677 15th Mar 2010 7:03 pm
ad210358

England 

It was worth a shot, perhaps two D4's the, it's you that will suffer if she's not happy Thumbs Up p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #63680 15th Mar 2010 7:26 pm
Carnoch

Better than than. I found an old bill this morning dated 28/07/09. Anyway, the mileage between then and now is 1,057! In nearly 8 months! Shocked Shocked Shocked I knew it sat in the driveway looking pretty and very clean whilst SWMBO has trashed mine, but even so ..................... Shocked

Post #63765 16th Mar 2010 12:05 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Shocked they think its been clocked when you sell it Rolling with laughter Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #63773 16th Mar 2010 12:38 pm
christian138

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

Carnoch wrote:
Better than than. I found an old bill this morning dated 28/07/09. Anyway, the mileage between then and now is 1,057! In nearly 8 months! Shocked Shocked Shocked I knew it sat in the driveway looking pretty and very clean whilst SWMBO has trashed mine, but even so ..................... Shocked

@ that mileage you'd be better off getting rid and opening a taxi account ? 

Post #63776 16th Mar 2010 12:51 pm
Carnoch

I am starting to think your right on the clocking front and the taxi front.

Truth be told, if thats all the mileage she is doing, we could do with just the one car and a taxi when we need an 'extra vehicle' in theory!

Then I could trade in the D3 and her car and get myself a D4 HSE at basically no cost! Thats appealing, but if I try that one, I'll get accused of taking her baby away from her etc. etc. It's not worth the hassle.

You work it out, 225 excise, 250 insurance, 320 service, deperciation ?, other bits and bobs? I once had a rather nice motorcycle. Not quite the outlay, but only 100 miles one year, so I got shot of it.

Anyway, the upshot of it is, this morning, she has taken the Disco out shopping and guess whats in the driveway just now looking total perfection, with not a mark on it inside and outside!

Post #63777 16th Mar 2010 1:00 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I can see why you need a 4x4 for the Mrs, living in Scotland and all the snow you get

But, if she uses the D3 more than the FL2, what about swapping it for a soft top sports car, you get the fresh air blowing through your hair and a toy to replace the motorbike. Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #63778 16th Mar 2010 1:10 pm
Carnoch

Fair point. I'll see what she says, but I wouln't count on it. She was in a Fiesta CC yesterday and she said it felt like she was scraping her bottom on the ground and everything was so tiney.

In case you're wondering, how come so quick with replies, I am speaking with insurance about the alloys I got last week. I am on hold whilst they speak to the underwriters. Been on phone 40 mins.

Post #63779 16th Mar 2010 1:18 pm
kezman50

England 

I suppose the slightly serious point with this scenario is having to get it serviced with such little mileage to maintain the warranty which must be a little frustrating

Last edited by kezman50 on 16th Mar 2010 10:33 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #63845 16th Mar 2010 8:41 pm
Carnoch

Oh, ever so slightly, but no more than taxing or insuring it. My beef is that I spent 20+k out on a car thats sat in the driveway. Yesterdays servicing brought it home once I checked the mileage, thats all. No serious point to make, just a remark to those bored or semi-interested more than anything.

Post #63848 16th Mar 2010 8:49 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1