Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Site News & Feedback > Site behaviour
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

phil_wkl wrote:
hmmm, I'm curious who have been banned too. The ones I had in mind are still posting...

No need to be curious, just wait and see who wont be posting in future Whistle 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #60666 20th Feb 2010 11:41 pm
ad210358

England 

phil_wkl wrote:
hmmm, I'm curious who have been banned too. The ones I had in mind are still posting...

Interesting Question But the signs are there Question

Post #60667 21st Feb 2010 12:12 am
christian138

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

ad210358 wrote:
phil_wkl wrote:

Interesting Question But the signs are there Question

CLUE: The playground got deleted..... 

Post #60673 21st Feb 2010 9:28 am
alex_pescaru

If the playground had been deleted, how do you know who have been played...

I wonder why nobody (not even the one who took the decision) has the guts to name the ones for us, the other "children", with the head in the clouds who doesn't have the time to read all the board messages, but want to learn from other "mistakes" in order to not make them ourselves...

Other boards have a "status'o'meter", based on user's activity, near the nick/name of the users that reads like: New user, Level 1, Level 2, Banned, etc...
Just like only three people have on this site: Site Owner, Site Moderator and Site Sponsor.
Maybe if this was active for others it will be more transparent...

Last edited by alex_pescaru on 21st Feb 2010 9:56 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #60676 21st Feb 2010 9:40 am
christian138

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

alex_pescaru wrote:
I wonder why nobody (not even the one who took the decision) has the guts to name the ones for us, the other "children", with the head in the clouds who doesn't have the time to read all the board messages, but want to learn from other "mistakes" in order to not make them ourselves...

i think it is one thing to ban someone from the site but to "out" them in front of all is another matter altogether. Suffice to say comments were made which were aimed directly and indirectly at an individual which went past the parameters of acceptable behaviour. The site owner made the decision after a lot of rope was given but the comments continued. He probably now wishes to put the incident behind us and is therefore maintaining a policy of "No comment".

Needless to say a good rule of thumb is "Don't make comments about others that you wouldn't like said about you" Thumbs Up 

Post #60678 21st Feb 2010 9:56 am
alex_pescaru

OK. I see. Thank you for the explanation.
All in all, human nature...

Post #60681 21st Feb 2010 10:10 am
Martin
Site Admin & Owner

United Kingdom 

I'm not evading the question of who was banned, the reasons are more important - and I have stated these - than publicising who was on the receiving end.

It is time to get back on track and move on rather than speculating over what has gone on Thumbs Up

Post #60691 21st Feb 2010 11:20 am
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

christian138 wrote:

Needless to say a good rule of thumb is "Don't make comments about others that you wouldn't like said about you" Thumbs Up

That is what my Father allways told me when I was a child Exclamation (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #60694 21st Feb 2010 11:41 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

My last word on this issue is to congratulate EV for holding his words when strongly provoked Thumbs Up Well done At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #60700 21st Feb 2010 1:02 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

Cheers CG however I'm not sure what all the provoking was about & why me/my car? Was I the only one at the butt of constant jibes or were others?
I found it difficult to work out whether it was just harmless banter or serious micky taking/insulting though I do remember one thread with a post saying lighten up as was just fun so after that I just ignored any remarks as I took it there was no harm being done.Not sure if I was right or wrong on that theory!!

I must admit I did find it most strange when I first joined the forum & showed enthusiasts?? pictures and info on my FL2 only to be bombarded with rediculous remarks on my choice of colour and accessories. At the end of the day if you join a model related forum (in this case Freelander 2) then one would assume every one was similar minded in as much as we all own the same thing but in a different guise. I could understand if I or others who accessorise their FL2 with nasty tacky bits from a car d.i.y shop etc but all the accessories are genuine manufacturer items or very good after market items specific for that vehicle.
As said in another post I am on 8 MG/Rover/Austin forums and never encountered that before not just on my behalf but any members. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #60720 21st Feb 2010 6:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jp

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

Well said Executive Valeter and Martin,
I think there are some members with a little to much time on the hands, all because a member may live 250 miles away there's no need to give ridiculous remarks to any member of the form. we are hear to help each other and be friendly ??? I think.
All the best Thumbs Up

Post #60732 21st Feb 2010 7:34 pm
sawcospoff

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Nazca Sand

Hi Martin I recently joined your forum and got a somewhat nasty welcome from Ticktock, who accused me of being some one else in disguise and followed me around ridiculing my posts.

I am 77 years old and have been on many forums since I learned how to use my computer and really enjoyed them. Unfortunately not this one.

On this forum it appears that you have a certain number of BULLIES and Hooray Henries who find it pleasant to ridicule members and then others join in. There was an issue about my username which is sawcospoff and I wrote a post explaining how I made it up only to be ridiculed again by chicken george in a post about fitting side steps.

I am very sorry that you have so many idiots who are spoiling the forum, and I had no choice but to delete all my posts 11 in all and I can't see me posting any more on this site.

Regards sawcospoff

Post #81005 18th Nov 2010 8:54 am
ad15

have to agree with above,,, Thumbs Up

joined here after being on D3 for a long time,,as we added an FL2 to the collection,, only to have a few members make this forum a very unpleasant place to be,,

hence only stop by once in a while now Confused

Post #81008 18th Nov 2010 9:35 am
Martin
Site Admin & Owner

United Kingdom 

sawcospoff, I'm very sorry that you've had such a poor introduction to the site, and thank you for bringing the matter to my attention.

Post #81010 18th Nov 2010 9:42 am
Lookers Park Royal

sawcospoff wrote:
I can't see me posting any more on this site.

I am sure that Martin will deal with the small minority. I urge you to give the forum a 2nd chance, and I would urge anyone who feels that a post is rude or unfair to press the triangle icon and report it. I have done this in the past and the Mod/s to be fair have dealt with it very swiftly.

Obviously it is an open forum, therefore unless the users (i.e. us) report such issues (as you have done) then it is difficult to regulate the behavior.

Hang in there!

James Thumbs Up

Post #81012 18th Nov 2010 9:49 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>