Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Where shall I get my 3rd Service???
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
@d@m

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Izmir Blue
Where shall I get my 3rd Service???

Ok, I'm due my 3rd year service, I want to keep it in the dealer network for the time being so that any warranty issue's can be sorted as hassle free(ish) as possible. I'm in the region of 3 that I know of but wondering of opinions:

Hartwell in Northampton - I've taken the car there for warranty they seem ok but there is a bloke on the front counter that annoys the hell out of me and makes stuff up as he goes along but a young lad who is really good they've quoted £420 odd which if I could I'd prefer to pay less!!! Whistle

Stratstone in Milton Keynes - This would be convenient as it's literally on my way to work BUT.....when I was looking to buy a used one the salesman was very rude on a follow up email when I said thanks but no thanks I've found a car I want annnd it's Stratstone and from what I know they don't have a good name. As well as the fact they still haven't called me back with a cost!

Finally Marshalls in Bedford, this will be more inconvenient to get to but any opinions will be appreciated on any of the above or maybe any dealers i've missed!

Also what is carried out on 45k/3 year service?

Thanks

Post #56132 21st Jan 2010 3:58 pm
Rowy

I use a local mobile mechanic-(another thread) but if I was buying a second hand car I would like to see all the stamps from the same dealer-pref the supplying dealer, unless it had changed owner or owner had moved which would all marry up with the logbook.

But as you say I would hate to take it to a dealer who has Censored you off and give them my cash, £420 seems expensive though.

Post #56166 21st Jan 2010 7:16 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I know you say you would like to go to a dealer who will sort out a warranty job for you if found etc znd this cuts down the hassle

but look at it another way, the dealers tech will want to get paid/bonus for a job a service might be booked in as 3 hours but if he can get through 12 hours of work in his 8 hour shift he'll getbthat bonus, his not going to go looking fir extra warranty work

a indie may give that extra little and give the car a look over at a discount price compared to what a dealer charges

try comparing prices with your dealer, main dealer whose our sponsor and indie sponsor 10forcash Idea Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #56172 21st Jan 2010 7:29 pm
christian138

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

Marshalls Melton Mowbray too far ? 

Post #56175 21st Jan 2010 7:44 pm
@d@m

As it stands I'll be using a main dealer for this service as it will be it's last in warranty. Working for a major brand within the warranty department I know how we view customer loyalty within the dealer network and if certain criteria's are met should the vehicle fail outside of warranty and fall into a goodwill period having brand servicing helps. From the things I've read Land Rover may not have the best goodwill going but if I've done all I can I can't see the harm in it for this final 'dealer' service.

It's just a question of which one as they really don't seem to care if they get my money or not! It'll definitely be an Indie from next year and I'll feel a whole lot better about parting with the cash too!

Post #56178 21st Jan 2010 7:50 pm
@d@m

christian138 wrote:
Marshalls Melton Mowbray too far ?

To be honest if it was a good price and service i'd consider it. I bought the car from Sturgess in Leicester. I've even thought about Team Valley but by the time i've paid diesel and the miles on the car i might as well keep more local.

Post #56179 21st Jan 2010 7:53 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

How about contacting the Forum Sponsors to see what they can do for you How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #56180 21st Jan 2010 7:55 pm
boiledgnat

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Stratstone MK - I bought my car from there and had the first and second services done there. They initially quoted £507 for the third service! I've found them to be a bit hit and miss on service quality, the bloke who was very good to deal with is no longer there.

I've enquired to our Site sponser - will share my response.

BG

Post #56281 22nd Jan 2010 5:53 pm
@d@m

Brilliant cheers, maybe you'll get better luck so far......I've had from them the computers are down, someone will call me back, and been on hold for over 8 minutes waiting for the service dept!!! Thanks for the response and I'll wait and see what they come back to you with. Thumbs Up

Post #56320 22nd Jan 2010 9:10 pm
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

Have a look at Footloose 4x4 in Peterborough. Used them for my second service and they were £100 less than Marshall Bedford.

Marshall Bedford OK - used them for my first service and will consider for my third.

Post #56330 22nd Jan 2010 9:44 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Stornoway Grey

For those that value quality over the oval on the service book stamp... I can generally better the dealer and local independent pricing for services, in addition, if the third year service is carried out early, I can give you a list of defects which you can then get rectified under warranty. If a service isn't due, a 'health check' prior to warrant expiry costs from £150 inc vat Thumbs Up

Post #57456 29th Jan 2010 9:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
boiledgnat

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Site sponsor £345 inc VAT.

Still a lot more than the 280 I paid for my first service, I thought it was a similar amount of effort!

Post #57484 29th Jan 2010 10:59 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Stornoway Grey

Not me Whistle at your location, a 3 year / 45k service would cost £300 inc vat, and that includes an air filter change - not on the LR schedule but you'll save the additional cost in fuel and then some!

Post #57597 30th Jan 2010 8:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gunfa

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

45k service yesterday 8/02/10 at Guy Salmon Wakefield £239, very efficient & friendly, I had a Disco HSE as a courtesy vehicle, very impressed with the sat nav with built in TV, although it was a V6 TDI I dont think it drove as well as the Freelander, when i got back in my car I thought wow it has realy benefitted from the service, then realised that the Freelander was just a better performer, do they give Disco owners a Defender as a courtesy car so the Disco feels better when you get back in Exclamation What if there were no hypothetical situations?

Post #58862 9th Feb 2010 9:26 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1