Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Should the car go!!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
TASH

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Narvik Black

Of your problems I have had some and I think Landrover are now getting on top of the issue:

a) parking sensor volume/not working - this was resolved with an instrument pack update, work fine now
b) starting issue - this was resolved finally with a software update, works fine now no problem
c) creaking gear lever - mine has just started doing this, I will get it booked in to be resolved.

I think troubles are to be expected on any new vehicle especially one as computer orientated as the FL2...even the good old Honda's and I have had 2 had a few niggles.

My car is a Golf GTi 2.0fsiT on an 06reg and the reason I haven't taken the FL2 in for the gear lever is because this has been in the garage for the last 4 fridays with guess what.....computer related software issues, service reset, auto lights, auto wipers and management patch. So please don't give up hope I think it is the world we live in where cars are ever more complicated.

P.S. the 1st mechanical issue if you can call it that is the gear stick making a creak noise!?

Post #5610 18th Aug 2007 10:15 am
tamboradave

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tambora Flame

Hi All,

I've had most of those issues too.... The most recent is the noisy gearbox.... it's really bugging me now... and also feels a bit gritty? Sometimes it's fairly difficult to get into a gear... It's certainly not as smooth as it used to be...

I really hope they don't have to take it all apart and fit new mechanical bits!!! With all the other faults, that would just about finish me off and also, it just wouldnt feel as new to me after...

This better not be a sign of things to come... just reading the What Car magazine review.... It came out on top, however they do mention the reliabilty issues of the previous model...

Regards,

David.

.... as for checking the oil every 200 miles... I've never heard anything like it... after 5400 miles, I've only looked at the oil level once! Blimey, I buy a brand new car so I don't have to worry about all these silly problems.... honestly, I really LOVE this car but the worry of potential reliabilty issues is cheesing me off.

Post #5627 18th Aug 2007 9:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tups74

United Kingdom 

Tamboradave,

Thats sounds just like my gearbox troubles, the dealer said that the gear linkage cables had lost most of its lubricant, hence why they had to be replaced, along with a couple of other bits, but I questioned if the same would happen again in another 8.5k of miles?? no reply...... interesting enough one of their demo cars had started to have the same problem

Good Luck, Bill

Post #5631 18th Aug 2007 11:42 pm
pelyma

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

The secret to modern LR ownership is to get the right dealer, some are good, some are bad, some are horrid. I have had 2 D3s, 2 Fl1 and a Fl2 and only the first D3 has had any issues. Many of the issues you have spoken about have been poor dealer service and some (many) have been software bugs, have you rejected your PC because its updated every month?

My wife's Fl2 was one of the first autos and apart from my annoyance that the pti doesn't accept modern phones yet the only issue is the wipers on start up. The car has done nearly 3K miles so most bugs would probably have come to life by now. You can choose your bug free CRV, but if you have a decent dealer you can get near Honda reliability in a far far better car. D4 HSE Lux for me
FL2 HSE Zermatt & Alpacca for the wife now gone
Skoda Yeti L&K for the wife.

Post #5635 19th Aug 2007 9:36 am
Tups74

United Kingdom 
Bits for sale

Handed back the Freelander 2 today, and put the following items up for sale on e-bay (just in case anyone is interested)

Sunblinds: Item number: eBay Item No. 160149545917
Boot Liner: Item number: eBay Item No. 160149547542

Post #5665 20th Aug 2007 10:04 pm
Pete S.

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Sumatra Black

You sound as if you've had a bad deal there but how come none of these faults were evident whilst the car was working as a demonstrator? If they did occur, your dealer hasn't been very honest with you has he? I'm still looking to buy an F2 towards the end of the year because the dealer I'm going to is a good one. It seems like this is half the battle.

The other thing, of course, is about who buys Land Rover.

Post #5676 21st Aug 2007 3:03 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi Tups 74, I'm really sorry to hear you are giving up....I am willing to give it another go with the 'buy back' as I honestly believe these are great cars.....hopefully for every one hundred great ones there one Censored one like ours. There are 11k of these cars on the road now, percentage wise if we are the any sane (or insane) people to experience our thoughts and mainly problems we are doing pretty damned well I think!!??

I wish you luck in in your future choice of car, whatever that be and to conclude your time here we would all like to know what brand you choose and purely from experience, honestly, any problems you experience......just for info.

Keep in touch Tups 74, and good luck mate in your quest Thumbs Up

Post #5744 24th Aug 2007 10:33 pm
Tups74

United Kingdom 

Carlfraz & All,

Thanks for your comments, I am picking up a year old Volvo XC90 today, when I handed the car back the dealer whom I brought it off, he really did not want to sell me another car, (I think it was the questions over 4 seats that really finished him off and maybe the complaint to his head office!!! Also after experiencing the "difficulties and misunderstandings" between Land Rover UK and the Two delaers Guy Salmon in Coventry (who sold me the cars) and Gut Salmon Portsmouth (who did the repairs) - it has kind of left a bad taste, although the Dealer Principle at Portsmouth was vey good and did try to find me another car (disco 3).

I will still check in form time to time, and If I can help anyone from my experience please let me know.

Happy Motoring all.....

Regards, Bill

Post #5768 25th Aug 2007 10:14 am
pmcg

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black
VOLVO XC90

I am sorry to hear you have not bought another Land Rover, they are infinitely more capable than a Volvo. With respect to the XC90, I can tell you tails of woe that are equal to your experience with Land Rover.

I bought a XC90 D5 SE Auto in late June 05 and got my money back in August of the same year. Major problem surrounded misaligned steering and suspension settings. From day one, the steering pulled hard to the left and there was uneven wear on the tyres - front and back. After numerous visits to the dealer, I was told nothing more could be done until Volvo issued new settings. In addition, they advised that they did not know when the new instructions would be available and that I would have to "grin and bear the problem". For me this was an apalling remark to make on a 6 week old £34,000 car so the dealer had to grin and bear paying me back.

Personally, I would not touch a Volvo with a barge pole. Thank goodness Ford are separating the marques!

Post #5772 25th Aug 2007 12:21 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12