Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Pairing iPhone 3G with FL2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
npinks

United Kingdom 

i recall when looking in the phonebook menu options on the car it said delete phonebook entry, when i last tried it didn't do a thing, but that was prior to a software upgrade i had and i haven't tried it since.

It maybe something or nothing of which you seek Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #31171 16th Nov 2008 11:50 pm
islander

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

TRIUMPH!

Chicken George, you are THE MAN!! Now both of my favourite toys (Baby and my iphone) work together.

npinks, I am sorry to have to report that the iphone has no voice command abilities at all, and that as far as I can see the FL2 has no phone number storage.

Even so, I love them both and it is just so great when cool toys get along with each other Cool . This makes me sound extremely sad, I know, but married men with young families and busy jobs have to have fun somehow....

Post #31193 17th Nov 2008 11:59 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

necessity is the mother of invention Thumbs Up At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #31195 17th Nov 2008 12:08 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

my dads iphone has voice dial Shocked , but upon asking him, its only when its in his lexus and connected to the car, which has the voice dial Embarassed

But looking at my car today, it gives me the option to delete a car phone book entry, I just don't know how to save a number just to the car........ Rolling Eyes Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #31199 17th Nov 2008 1:45 pm
dick

England 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Baltic Blue

npinks wrote:
But looking at my car today, it gives me the option to delete a car phone book entry, I just don't know how to save a number just to the car........ Rolling Eyes

My phone (Nokia E51) does not implement the PBAP bluetooth profile, so won't automatically sync the phone book to the car. However, I managed to work around this by manually sending each contact by hand, using the 'send business card' -> 'via bluetooth' -> 'selected detail only' options (last one very important, or the send fails).

It took me about half an hour to do, but only has to be done once and I now have the phonebook working fine on the car.

- Dick

Post #31262 18th Nov 2008 4:05 pm
xtattsbox

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

The phonebook memory on the car is a real problem made worse by the fact that I have 639 contacts that have phone, mobile, fax, work numbers.... About 2000 numbers. A right p in the a!!

Going to attempt a workround by having a dual level contacts list in outlook. Have all my "favourites" at the top and then have a subfolder with everything else in. The iphone shows multi level calendars, so it might do it for contacts as well. Hope so anyway....

I'll let you know how it goes... Hi Darling, I'll be home in 10 mins. If I'm not back, please read this message again...

Post #57648 31st Jan 2010 7:57 pm
xtattsbox

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

AAAAARRRRGH!!! Shocked

Now this is frustrating. The iPhone recognises groups, so you can in Outlook (and on your MAC if you sync that way) Have Contacts, Business Contacts etc. You are then able, by clicking on the groups button that appears on the top left of the contacts page on the iPhone, to select All Contacts or any of the groups that you have created.

Nothing too useful there. Except that in the bluetooth settings, if you look at the settings available for "LandRover" you can select the group... Except the groups available are All contacts OR none!!!! (Why?) Interestingly, if you select None, it syncs your favourites only....

So, a workround of sorts is to mark the numbers that you want in your car as favourites and then they will sync to the car kit if you set Bluetooth to (None) on the group settings. Hi Darling, I'll be home in 10 mins. If I'm not back, please read this message again...

Post #57704 1st Feb 2010 3:02 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12